Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 04:37 PM

2,628 posts, read 6,889,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyL View Post
I filled my car up last November, and I still have 1/2 tank left. ( it's a 16 gal tank).
Yeah, but you live and work downtown, don't you?
If I lived downtown, I would only use my car to get to the valley. There's no point trying to park downtown anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2008, 04:38 PM

5,477 posts, read 12,248,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xa'at View Post
Yeah, but you live and work downtown, don't you?
If I lived downtown, I would only use my car to get to the valley. There's no point trying to park downtown anyway.
That's what I was going to say. The valley trip back and forth is what would gobble the gas.

Old 04-14-2008, 05:30 PM

1,437 posts, read 4,804,558 times
no, I work downtown but I live in the harbor area. a lot of walking keeps me in shape for my outdoor work.

Old 04-14-2008, 05:37 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,961,623 times
Xa'at you need a Segway.

Old 04-14-2008, 05:43 PM

5,477 posts, read 12,248,239 times
Quote:
no, I work downtown but I live in the harbor area. a lot of walking keeps me in shape for my outdoor work.
That's the way to be, man.

Old 04-14-2008, 06:35 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,961,623 times
I need to walk more too.

Old 04-15-2008, 11:24 AM

7,507 posts, read 5,755,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
Are you able to harvest a good amount of produce? Do you have deer & birds that try to eat everything?
Sorry Barkingowl, for some reason I wasn't getting email notifications on this thread anymore.

Yes, we have deer, bear, raccoons and the lot... The worst raiders are the coon's. They come in and pull the corn down and have a field day.. That is until the rifle comes out....

Old 04-15-2008, 11:27 AM

Quote:
I filled my car up last November, and I still have 1/2 tank left. ( it's a 16 gal tank).
DannyL, your joking right?

Old 04-15-2008, 11:32 AM

Xa'at

Thanks for the list. I will shoot your post to the boss and have her do a price comparison. It appears, at first glance, that the prices are about in line with the cost of living and wage difference. Other than the soda nothing really flatten me out..

I really do appreciate you taking the time to write this stuff down. That only supports the theory I have about how great you folks are up there. Heck, our buyers agent called us the first time on Sunday and chatted for about an hour. Friendly, Friendly, Friendly..

I do notice a huge disparity in the price of homes.. you are either in a mobile home or double wide for $50,000 or your up over $200,000.. There is nothing in the middle.. That is a topic for another day..

Old 04-15-2008, 01:20 PM

2,628 posts, read 6,889,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Xa'at

Thanks for the list. I will shoot your post to the boss and have her do a price comparison. It appears, at first glance, that the prices are about in line with the cost of living and wage difference. Other than the soda nothing really flatten me out..

I really do appreciate you taking the time to write this stuff down. That only supports the theory I have about how great you folks are up there. Heck, our buyers agent called us the first time on Sunday and chatted for about an hour. Friendly, Friendly, Friendly..

I do notice a huge disparity in the price of homes.. you are either in a mobile home or double wide for $50,000 or your up over $200,000.. There is nothing in the middle.. That is a topic for another day..
Hey, no problem. I always love to see potential Juneauites who are willing to do their homework and eventually make good additions to our wonderful community.

Yeah, the homes are that way. I totally know we're your at because I'm actually looking for a place, too. I'm moving off campus next semester and I need an apartment! So I can sympathize with your situation.

I would recommend, if I may be so bold, the Auke Bay area. It's less expensive than downtown and I like the feel of it- more laid back. However, if you work downtown the commute can be killer since gas is definitely not cheap!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska