Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2019, 12:50 PM

63 posts, read 225,271 times

Advertisements

Currently my husband and I have GCI internet, Direct TV and AT&T cellphones, along with some streaming (Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime). We're pondering options for consolidating services, eliminating services, etc. We're looking at a GCI bundle for cell phone and Unlimited internet and was wondering how GCI service is in the Valley (off KGB and Edlund) and Anchorage as we commute. Currently AT&T service at our house sucks bigtime and we have to use Wifi calling to get any kind of decent signal at the house. As soon as we leave we only have 1 bar most of the way to town. It doesn't pick up again until about Fern and PW Highway by the Native Clinic. I work from home a lot so I'm not worried about the internet as we currently have GCI internet. We just want to bump up the package so we can stream more and get rid of the satellite TV service. Interested in others experience in the Valley with the GCI mobile. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2019, 09:40 PM

7,448 posts, read 7,614,454 times
We had problems with AT&T reception at both of our Wasilla houses. We switched to Verizon and haven't looked back. Much better coverage both here in Wasilla and elsewhere.

Old 07-26-2019, 01:42 AM

1,931 posts, read 2,179,176 times
I’m closer to Seward meridian and Bogard area and GCI works great. I’ve got friends that we visit off vine and GCI works great there too. Verizon works in places my GCI doesn’t (especially on the Glenn towards Glenn Allen).

We stick with GCI because of our bush connections. Otherwise, I’d probably look at Verizon pretty hard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska