Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 12:09 PM

18 posts, read 48,653 times

Advertisements

Racism and "bitching about illegal immigrants" are two entirely different things. I have nothing against anybody's color or ethnicity. But I have everything against those who come here illegally. There are plenty who come to this country legally, go through all the difficulties of bureucracy. I think to become a citizen of the US is now over $600. And it takes many, many years and even more tons of paperworks. Yet these people go through this and will enrich the US culture and probably will work hard to provide for themselves and their families. I only look up on them (or atleast treat them equally) no matter where they came from.
But to think that racism and being against illegal immigration is the same thing, that's just...wrong. On so many levels.
Would I like to live amongst racist people? By any means, no. But would I like if my community stands up against illegal immigrants as one and refuse to give them work, etc? Oh you bet. Here in VA too, we have more than enough illegals. And since most of them are from hispanic background, it's hard to not to second-guess every single hispanic person you see - that's unfortunate..but unfortunately as long as millions of them are able to come here succesfully avoiding any legal procedure, laughing at us and milking us to the point where the system eventually has to crash..well I guess it should not be a surprise. It's the sad reality we're living in these days. But it's not racism - it's more like concern for this once great, great contry of the US of A.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2008, 12:09 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,730,484 times
I'm quite aware that some of you were talking about welfare; I wasn't, though. I just threw in my personal observation about the people who harvest most of our food, whether they are here legally or otherwise. Quite a good number of them are here illegally, by the way.

Old 05-08-2008, 12:18 PM

959 posts, read 2,361,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
I'm quite aware that some of you were talking about welfare; I wasn't, though. I just threw in my personal observation about the people who harvest most of our food, whether they are here legally or otherwise. Quite a good number of them are here illegally, by the way.
Then deport them. Maybe then some of the agri-companies will be forced to pay a decent wage that working class LEGAL Americans could live on--and we'd still be getting our food.

Old 05-08-2008, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Then deport them.
Yeah, I'll get right on that. I don't work for the INS though.

It's been several years since I've been employed in agri-business in the PNW, but when I was, the field workers made at least min. wage, usually quite a bit more. Maybe it's different in other states; I really wouldn't know. I suppose some of the legal white trash here could do just as well, though it is only seasonal work. But they don't seem to want to do it.

Old 05-08-2008, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I'll get right on that. I don't work for the INS though.

It's been several years since I've been employed in agri-business in the PNW, but when I was, the field workers made at least min. wage, usually quite a bit more. Maybe it's different in other states; I really wouldn't know. I suppose some of the legal white trash here could do just as well, though it is only seasonal work. But they don't seem to want to do it.
Well, don't get me wrong; I'm no friend of "white meth trash" either; they are truly scum and I've been around plenty of them enough to know, unfortunately. I don't have any respect or sympathy for them either...they are just as draining on our welfare system as illegals/any other able but unwilling party.

Old 05-08-2008, 12:50 PM

Well, my point was that there are plenty of illegals out there working at whatever they can while the meth trash just hangs back and breeds (not that I'd want really want them picking my food though). I believe that in the PNW there are far more Caucasians proportionately on the welfare roles than any other group.

But I am curious; I don't even have second or third hand knowledge of this...how the hell are people collecting government benefits if they can't prove citizenship? I've heard it's done, and am just wondering how.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 05-08-2008 at 01:01 PM..

Old 05-08-2008, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Well, my point was that there are plenty of illegals out there working at whatever they can while the meth trash just hangs back and breeds (not that I'd want really want them picking my food though). I believe that in the PNW there are far more Caucasians proportionately on the welfare roles than any other group.

But I am curious; I don't even have second or third hand knowledge of this...how the hell are people collecting government benefits if they can't prove citizenship?
THAT'S WHAT WE'D ALL LIKE TO KNOW, Met!! They are getting valid driver's licenses, too! And "sanctuary cities" are letting them live, work, play, and commit crimes within their limits--all while full-well knowing they are here illegally! Sorry for the caps--not an expression of anger at you. In places like Minnesota (where I originated) this has become a real economic problem of vast proportions, not to mention the criminal part.

And--illegal is illegal. I just don't have any sympathy for it, no matter what part of my salad they picked. Sorry but--no I'm not.

Old 05-08-2008, 01:13 PM

40 posts, read 42,754 times
They come in to pop out kids....all of which are entitled to benefits and welfare, that alone supports their lifestyle

Of the what 15 million that are here, a huge percentage are illegals with kids born here
and we're supporting them.

This wasn't about mexicans here legally or white-trash meth heads....you cry-babies that are '"tired of hearing about mexicans" need to take your crappolla spin somewhere else.....no doubt Bush lovers

We can thank ole George for another huge drain or our system....

Old 05-08-2008, 01:19 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,567,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarkar View Post
They come in to pop out kids....all of which are entitled to benefits and welfare, that alone supports their lifestyle

Of the what 15 million that are here, a huge percentage are illegals with kids born here
and we're supporting them.

This wasn't about mexicans here legally or white-trash meth heads....you cry-babies that are '"tired of hearing about mexicans" need to take your crappolla spin somewhere else.....no doubt Bush lovers

We can thank ole George for another huge drain or our system....
Bush lovers?? Yikes, that could not be further from the truth! No, I just think there are more important things going on that truly truly affect us that need to be addressed.

Old 05-08-2008, 01:21 PM

2,628 posts, read 6,888,810 times
Default Xa'at says...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarkar View Post
Whoops! Nope. I hate Bush more than I hate fossil fuels, homophobes and bigots, and farm raised salmon. Detest him to my very core. Wish he would keel over dead in the middle of one of his "speeches" in which he espouses freedom and then puts more and more restrictions on it, smote down by God in her endless wisdom. Wasn't it W who said, "there ought to be limits to freedom."?
It just seems to me that there are a lot of whiners who could be doing a lot to improve our fair country, but instead sit around moaning about how illegals are ruining it. SO, get off your rump and do something progressive. Volunteer in your community. Go plant a tree. But for godsake, quit being such a cry-baby yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska