Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 05:56 PM

2 posts, read 4,841 times

Advertisements

INEXPENSIVE UNLIMITED USAGE HIGH SPEED INTERNET PETITION Petition

link for the petition I've already contacted att internet service director for alaska and told him the situation for the valley. He said wimax may come to the valley only after anchorage is strengthened he did mention a petition would greatly help. We need to tell mta were they can put it i'm so sick of the poor quality and the outages on a weekly basis. I use there unlmited plan because i use 25 gigs a month to run my internet based business. I'm sick of getting ripped off 139 dollars and gci isn't far behind at 129 dollars for there unlimited. Just fed up. Sign the petition. I will be at fred meyers and walmart in the upcoming weeks also with petitions there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 07:28 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,961,623 times
INEXPENSIVE UNLIMITED USAGE HIGH SPEED INTERNET PETITION Petition

Old 09-05-2008, 12:53 AM

182 posts, read 478,526 times
I worked for MTA and just be sure you speak with somebody that knows what they're doing, they are usually level 2 people and once you get there you will be handled well with tech support. The TV does get flicker and pixelation at time, but as does satellite. And usually when other electronics interfere with the situation.
I had the issue with 10 gig limit though, Working there obviously being an internet help desk tech later moving up I used my internet plenty as well.

But apparently improvements have been made since I was there and they have an option of unlimited even though its not near the 8 Meg speed.
I usually go with cable at my places, but MTA was good for us in the location dead center of Palmer and Wasilla.

Many problems that people had were self inflicted.

I saw the work Paradyne, yeah they were getting updates on those they'll be moving up they're good for that.

Old 09-19-2008, 11:37 AM

2 posts, read 4,841 times
Default mta in the valley

o.k well 139 dollars is above the national average for equivalent speed and usage amount by 80 dollars. The national average for 756/756 unlimited is 60 dollars. Why so high you ask because there is no competition for dsl in the matanuska-susitna burough. Think about this I can get bulk dialup accounts from gci for 10 bucks a line shotgun enough modems to equal 756 up and down unlimited for less than the cost of a dsl modem with the same speed why is this? Because they are holding us hostage in the valley. I am a network engineer and my business i run is internet based. we use about 200gb a month or so and we get a reminder about 8 times a day that we are over our 10gb cap I have talked to level 2 techs to stop flooding our email box with this and so they shut us off stating that we went to a bittorrent website and thus violated our contract for business. However going to a website should not matter. They also shouldn't shut a business down without a call atleast. We were without internet for several hours in the morning until I was able to get through to a mta level 2 tech. All they could tell me is we don't know how this happened. Rediculous. We did have a virus on a down stairs computer that was trying to transfer torrents but this computer was isolated only a few hours after getting the virus. Viruses can't be kept out 100 percent the federal terms and conditions for internet usage also states that you are required to atleast use prevention software from data transfer related viruses. What about all the people with the 10gb cap are they just getting screwed and forced to pay a bill that a 14 year old loser wrote a program for? For less than 2 thousand I could capture a friends residential acs dsl for 60 bucks unlimited from eagle river and beam it to the valley via microwave relay and then hook it up at my business so if a 2000 dollar startup and 60 bucks a month is cheaper than having mta dsl for 2 years then why can't we improve mta's service. Because they are straight up raping the public that is why.

They are supposed to be a coop but what use is a coop if no customer is familiar with what is really going on and the income isn't broke down and shown to the co partners. Let's see what the expenses for internet were then, then profit margin. I'm sure it's gigantic.

Old 02-06-2014, 10:11 AM

1 posts, read 949 times
Is there a termination fee if you cancel phone/cable tv bundle within the first 30 days with MTA

Old 02-06-2014, 10:46 AM

2,795 posts, read 5,617,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyjean55 View Post
Is there a termination fee if you cancel phone/cable tv bundle within the first 30 days with MTA
I'd say call MTA and ask. Any answer you'll get here is a random guess:
https://www.mtasolutions.com/contact/info
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska