Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 01:07 AM

1,331 posts, read 3,002,374 times

Advertisements

I was checking out the website today and it looks like my wife and I won't be eligible until 2010. Not that we take anything like that into account when considering finances but reducing outstanding debt is always nice.

We closed on our new house this past June 3rd. However, if I read the regulations correctly, we have to reside in Alaska for at least a full calendar year before filing for the PFD. Considering that the cut-off date for registering is March 31st of each year, that means that we wouldn't be eligible until the PFD disbursement in 2010. Correct?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2008, 01:30 AM

21,368 posts, read 38,156,356 times
Yes?

Old 08-09-2008, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warptman View Post
Yes?
Lol. Even though we didn't pay for the move itself, buying this house and all the little expenses incurred while doing so add up. Like I said, I never include any freebies in my financial calculations but never look a gift horse in the mouth!

Old 08-09-2008, 01:37 AM

4,137 posts, read 9,112,326 times
Yes, Satch...neither you nor I will be eligible until 2010. I hadn't even heard of the PDF until we settled in. It will be nice to set aside for the offspring's college aspirations!

Old 08-09-2008, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandLady View Post
Yes, Satch...neither you nor I will be eligible until 2010. I hadn't even heard of the PDF until we settled in. It will be nice to set aside for the offspring's college aspirations!
I guess you're right. We ditched a lot of crap before moving here(we assumed we'd have to pay for it ourselves and it didn't turn out that way, thank God) and have had to spend mucho dolares on this and that. We had zero credit card debt four months ago and now, well, it's just a bit higher than zero.

Old 08-09-2008, 01:42 AM

Fortunately, we settled all our debt recently, one less headache to worry on. As long as I don't end up back in the hospital for more surgeries, we are fine. Our savings took a hit though.

Old 08-09-2008, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Fortunately, we settled all our debt recently, one less headache to worry on. As long as I don't end up back in the hospital for more surgeries, we are fine. Our savings took a hit though.
We have two vehicles, none of which are cheap to pay off, the mortgage, the munchkin....yada yada yada. Oh well, such is life.

We're just so freakin' happy to be here. We had a wonderful place in Pennsylvania but it was even far more rural than Wasilla and I couldn't find decent work. Then we had Izabella and so we went to live in San Jose to be near my wife's parents.

However, the People's Republik turned out to be a nightmare and my wife, nine months later, still hadn't received her pharmacist's license. So, when Walmart offered to move us up here and make her manager, we jumped at the chance.

I can't tell you how much I HATE California. That sh*thole's arrogance and insane regulations cost us over $80,000 in lost income. I will never, ever, step foot in that "progressive" sewage depository again.

Old 08-09-2008, 02:12 AM

I don't blame you that, Satch. How's the new job?

Old 08-09-2008, 02:15 AM

Quote:
I don't blame you that, Satch. How's the new job?
It's going pretty well. I'm still learning the product and will continue to do so for quite a while. However, the pay is quite good and given that my wife is getting a very significant raise by September, the pressure should ease a bit. Well, that and football season is upon us! I'm from western Pennsylvania and I live and die by the Steelers.

Old 08-09-2008, 02:17 AM

21,368 posts, read 38,156,356 times
I remember when the first dividends came out, I was in Jr. high, I think. I was into R/C Cars and I bought one with it and its accessories, I went crazy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska