Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 10:30 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,137,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Well, guess what. You're not him. It sounds like he's moving to where he is moving to because he got a job there. What a freakin' novel concept. And maybe like a lot of people, it's more cost effective for him to take mass transit than to pay for parking. I can't fing believe this place sometimes. Some of you people jump all over anyone for any reason you can find. You're just waiting to pounce, aren't you? What a commentary on your own sad little lives. You could wait until someone truly shows their colors as an idjit before you go off, but I suppose some of you have to prove your manhood somehow. God forbid someone should make a mistake here and post in the wrong forum.

No doubt this will be deleted and the smarmy little comments will continue. Nothing at all wrong with a little joking around but it seems like some of you here look for any reason at all to slam someone else.
Mellowwwwwww

He's asking about Chicago, are Alaskans supposed to answer questions on this thread?

Old 12-26-2009, 10:41 PM

1,435 posts, read 2,780,096 times
Well, so he screwed up a bit on the first post.
I could help him, got 3 decades of Chicagoland experience.
My son- living in the suburbs commuted by Metra to U of I downtown Chicago campus for 4 years and found it an excellent solution rather than revving up the 18wheeler sized turbo on his Mercur car daily...
Diverse neighborhoods along the blue line extend these days all the way up to Irving Park or even farther. Just depends on the rent you want to pay. Get a map of Chicago and hit Craigslist or some Chicago paper websites.

Old 12-26-2009, 10:45 PM

1,435 posts, read 2,780,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warptman View Post
Mellowwwwwww

He's asking about Chicago, are Alaskans supposed to answer questions on this thread?
Yeah, but replays to a year or two old threads by people surfing the Alaska C-D are scolded just the same way. It's so old, why do you bother.
I betcha in a while those guys will be as proficient at this as most anyone. And its Christmas time!
Plus a friendly mod can transfer the topic...

Old 12-26-2009, 11:13 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,737,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warptman View Post
Mellowwwwwww

My post was primarily directed at stiff, except for the phrase about a little joking around. Guess it's time to put him on another time out because mean spirited crap towards anyone new here is about all he ever posts anymore.

I'm sure it wasn't purposely posted in the wrong state forum. No big deal, nothing wrong with answering it and even making a joke or two about it but the crap is getting old.

Old 12-26-2009, 11:21 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,737,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPF View Post
Yeah, but replays to a year or two old threads by people surfing the Alaska C-D are scolded just the same way. It's so old, why do you bother.
I betcha in a while those guys will be as proficient at this as most anyone. And its Christmas time!
Plus a friendly mod can transfer the topic...
Yeah, they can't win. If someone replies to an old thread they're jumped on for doing so but by the same token if they start a new thread asking a question that anyone else has asked in the past five years they're jumped on for not doing a "search".

Old 12-27-2009, 07:09 AM

6,262 posts, read 5,072,162 times
Quote:
Yeah, they can't win. If someone replies to an old thread they're jumped on for doing so but by the same token if they start a new thread asking a question that anyone else has asked in the past five years they're jumped on for not doing a "search".
I know that it seems silly to respond to old threads, to those of you who have been on this forum for a long time. Sometimes folks don't pay attention to thread dates when they're just surfing around the site quickly trying to get as much information as they can find on a particular topic.

Much of what you guys have written on here doesn't go out of date. If someone had a question two years ago, someone else surfing this site has the same questions. And as you all know, one question leads to another question and then another.

For the oldies on here, the newbies on here are trying to soak up everything they can find. And there's a lot of info to soak up. I agree to please cut them some slack.

Good luck to the Chicago kid BTW.

Old 12-27-2009, 08:37 AM

1,329 posts, read 2,944,830 times
Quote:
Well, guess what. You're not him. It sounds like he's moving to where he is moving to because he got a job there. What a freakin' novel concept. And maybe like a lot of people, it's more cost effective for him to take mass transit than to pay for parking. I can't fing believe this place sometimes. Some of you people jump all over anyone for any reason you can find. You're just waiting to pounce, aren't you? What a commentary on your own sad little lives. You could wait until someone truly shows their colors as an idjit before you go off, but I suppose some of you have to prove your manhood somehow. God forbid someone should make a mistake here and post in the wrong forum.

No doubt this will be deleted and the smarmy little comments will continue. Nothing at all wrong with a little joking around but it seems like some of you here look for any reason at all to slam someone else.
Crap, gotta spread the luv, triple thumbs up!

Old 12-27-2009, 09:18 AM

89 posts, read 168,021 times
Quote:

There is no reason for anyone to be as rude as they are a lot of times on this forum, I've experienced it and I totally agree with you Met. You tell it like it is and I like that, I think you and I would be great friends,we think alike!

Old 12-27-2009, 10:09 AM

5,963 posts, read 12,438,364 times
I would have to say that we "all" have been rude at one time or another on this forum as they are on all forums. New Kid found his way to the Chicago forum so he'll get the info he needs.

Old 12-27-2009, 10:26 AM

89 posts, read 168,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
I would have to say that we "all" have been rude at one time or another on this forum as they are on all forums. New Kid found his way to the Chicago forum so he'll get the info he needs.
I agree that I've been rude to one particular poster on here but his post aren't innocent mistakes, he likes to get everyone upset so he can get attention, it may be negative attention but it's still attention we give him. I am no longer going to respond to that particular persons post, if I have nothing nice to say I'll say nothing at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska