Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 09:26 PM

4,465 posts, read 8,002,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
What the hell?

The US Constitution: Don't leave home without it.

Remember "inalienable rights"? If not:

Natural and legal rights - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 10-17-2008, 09:42 PM

4,989 posts, read 10,024,608 times
Quote:
I think I comprehended it at too well, and I'm appalled that someone in this forum would direct that kind of statement to another person just because they don't agree with her.
Really? Well I am just as appaled that someone would actually say

Quote:
I really don't give a crap what the will of the people is
on this forum. I find those words just as offensive as those to which you reacted.

As I said, allot of brave people have given every thing they had to give, while many, many more (myself included) have sacrificed a good chunk their lives in defense of this principle. You can believe in what ever crackpot theories you want about the evils of capitalism or the warming of the planet, or vote for whatever left wing nut job you want. But when you say

Quote:
I really don't give a crap what the will of the people is
them there are fight'n words. And allot of others throughout our history felt the same way. Many of their portraits are on our currency to this day to prove it.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:45 PM

4,465 posts, read 8,002,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post
Really? Well I am just as appaled that someone would actually say

on this forum. I find those words just as offensive as those to which you reacted.

As I said, allot of brave people have given every thing they had to give, while many, many more (myself included) have sacrificed a good chunk their lives in defense of this principle. You can believe in what ever crackpot theories you want about the evils of capitalism or the warming of the planet, or vote for whatever left wing nut job you want. But when you say

them there are fight'n words. And allot of others throughout our history felt the same way. Many of their portraits are on our currency to this day to prove it.
To the contrary, Tommy Jefferson would find your view very un-American.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:51 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,737,386 times
This is her entire quote:

Quote:
That's great, instead of intelligent conversation, you resort yet again to name calling. Not a very valid argument, hey? As far as us leftists having moronic viewpoints, I beg to differ on that. I really don't give a crap what the will of the people is, especially when that "will" is flat-out discrimination. That's right, it's discriminatory to not allow all human beings the right to get married. I could care less about your homophobias, I do care about your disrespect & ignorance about others.
And this is the operative sentence:

Quote:
I really don't give a crap what the will of the people is, especially when that "will" is flat-out discrimination.
The will of the people had a lot to do with slavery in the old south, and it was still morally wrong. I know that some people here would say that the will of the people is why abortion is legal, and yet it's still morally wrong.

Whoever is right or wrong, there are better ways of debating this than to tell someone to get the f*** out.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:57 PM

4,989 posts, read 10,024,608 times
Quote:
Whoever is right or wrong, there are better ways of debating this than to tell someone to get the f*** out.
I stand by my statement 100000%. If you don't agree...

Old 10-17-2008, 10:00 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,836,062 times
Since you guys consistently resort to name calling, cussing, finger pointing, slander, and other derogatory remarks...this thread is now closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska