Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 10:51 PM

218 posts, read 518,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Van Diest View Post
Mild Climate?

Of course, you can allways by canned crops...ooops.
I must say, to all the new people who come to this forum, you really can't appreciate it until you've taken the time to read the Lone Traveler thread. You just miss all the jokes. I sat for 3 hours last night reading that thread and all your threads now are so much funnier!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2008, 11:07 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,137,109 times
Dang, three hours? Dedicated!

Old 12-10-2008, 08:33 AM

1,329 posts, read 2,944,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quakinator View Post
I must say, to all the new people who come to this forum, you really can't appreciate it until you've taken the time to read the Lone Traveler thread. You just miss all the jokes. I sat for 3 hours last night reading that thread and all your threads now are so much funnier!
And you didn't ruin your monitor and totally fubar your keyboard from all the beverage out the nose eruptions!?? You are a much better person that I am!

Old 12-10-2008, 08:37 AM

11,839 posts, read 28,961,623 times
MM what flavor of Christianity are you searching for?

Old 12-11-2008, 05:19 PM

457 posts, read 1,016,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
MM what flavor of Christianity are you searching for?

Just what were all looking for My Indian Brother--- Medicine!

Not into 'anitys ' , Or orthodox Christianity.
Free Bible church , Assemblies of God, Church of God , these types have the faith I touched.

Ive seen both sides and this geometric Earth X 1 trillion+ , Im gonna go with LOVE as the greatest power in the Big Universe.

My hate quotient is very low. My mother brainwashed me ' Dont Hate or You'll lose your energy , and stand up for Truth.

Getting my medicine for more life. Its all there is isnt it?

Old 12-11-2008, 05:57 PM

457 posts, read 1,016,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubilee1 View Post
We always seem to think that changing scenery will change our life. The only problem with this idea is that we bring ourselves along. Our family is considering a move up to Alaska as a place of refuge from the coming collapse. We are Christians and want to raise our family in a secure environment where we can grow our own food and harvest what God supplies from His earth. Any thought on where to locate, mild climate, good soil?

I appreciate your analysis of the collapse of our financial system. Though man implemented the collapse God brought causative agent as He hates unjust weights and measures.

Id say Homer would be a halfway descent choice.. Kenai .

Weights and measures? yes its all a crap shoot----

Try Sterling , Rance can helpyou. Hes straight up.

Thats where Id go, or Wrangle.

Old 12-12-2008, 06:05 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,836,062 times
Sterling has Lutheran, Assembly of God, Baptist, another that I don't know what it is, and one not far from the house thats called The Church of the Living Stones! Don't ask cause I have no idea what thats all about. It's run by a gender changed ex stripper is all I know! No more Jehova Witness church, you'd have to go to Soldotna for that one.
Personally my church lies out at the lake. One feels pretty darn close to God out there amongst the mountains and critters.

Old 12-12-2008, 10:36 AM

471 posts, read 1,328,004 times
Sorry Rance, your mistaken.
The church is called " The Church of Loped off Stones".

Old 12-12-2008, 12:02 PM

3,774 posts, read 11,230,431 times
Default Omg

LMAO on that one, mongazid! Thanks for the chuckle.

Old 12-12-2008, 12:16 PM

2,741 posts, read 8,886,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manmountain View Post
Im moving permently Home-- have always spent time in the bush living but will now build a place on the road system.

I am anxious to meet Christians.

In Kenai , Wasilla , Eagle River , Palmer , Talkeetna , Fairbanks , and other places. PM or reply for tips on Congregations please-- I know theres lotsa you--

Times are going to all heck in a handbasket and weve only seen up to part three of Ten .
Anyone I welcome PMs and I give the straight up truth as well PM.

Good luck to all -- What a disaster the mind/will of man has ceated in this land, you know whos running this program and it isnt God.

Yep: your're right MM: we've made a huge stinking mess out of our country. I'd say that chances are you'll find Christians in just about any town you go to. I'm in Seward, and there are lots of them here (I'm one) There are maybe a dozen different denominations here; I've gone to about half of them. That said, I'm just not real keen on organized religion (not a member of ANY church)...so much of denominations are man's doing, not God's. Rance is closer to "right on" than he may think...about God being out there in those mountains. I would tend to agree....

Bud
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska