Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2012, 02:46 PM

1,786 posts, read 2,875,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobrien View Post
Better to hold out for the right one than pick a bad one and be miserable! I learned that lesson.
AMEN to that Gobrien...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2012, 10:12 AM

4,989 posts, read 10,016,720 times
Well it's official. The last little pile of snow in my yard finally melted away on Sunday 6/3!

This was the pile that started out as the accumulated 25' deep drift on the wind-shadow side of my house. Just 5 more months and I can start building it back up again for next year!

Old 06-07-2012, 08:16 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,812,105 times
I'm back! Amazing the changes in 2 weeks with all the leaves and such. The lilacs sure smell nice here in Anc. I'll kick out a couple pictures later. Not much to take off a platform in Cook Inlet but I got what I could. Must take the Mrs out to dinner now. BRB later!

Old 06-08-2012, 12:00 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,812,105 times
Grayling Platform in front of Spur Volcano

Dolly Varden Platform

The Monopod Platform (one leg)

Redoubt Volcano with a tiny puff of mushroom cloud

Our supply boat The Champion

Grayling about 3AM

Full moon the other night. I missed the lunar eclipse due to heavy rain.

Rig 51 on the Steelhead Platform (with crane and chopper)

Lifting off the Steelhead

Birds eye view of Steelhead and Dolly

Flying over XTO (used to be Shell C)

Old 06-08-2012, 07:56 PM

1,055 posts, read 1,868,064 times
Alaska should come with a warning. Attention:Coastal living will ruin your perception of what constitutes warm weather forever in the lower 48. I have been visiting my daughter in north central Minnesota-can't believe how hot it seems here. I just came in from puttering in the garden, would have sworn it was at least 95 here but the news says 77. I am working on the theory that looking at the pictures of Alaska will cool me off!

Old 06-08-2012, 09:29 PM

1,226 posts, read 3,644,793 times
Ok, peple, my brain is fried from non-stop work so if I by any chance get in trouble for this later, I'm blaming temporary insanity ()

PET EXPO! PET EXPO! ANCHORAGE! SULLIVAN ARENA - ADMISSION'S FREE FOR THE PUBLIC, AND SO IS PARKING!

DOORS OPEN AT 10 AND CLOSE AT 6 (PM), SO DON'T BE SHY, COME ON BY! AND DON'T FORGET TO BRING YOUR PETS - THERE'S PET PHOTOGRAPHERS PRESENT! (But by golly, if you go to "the guy who's name we won't mention", I'll find you ... and give you a little speech on how I'm better than him and how you really should give me a chance.I might be based in Eagle River (Photo!), but I travel!!!!!! )

Anyway, I'm (along with many others) upset with the people organizing it, so people please better show up tomorrow to make all my work and the money I spent on it worth it. So, please please please come to the Pet Expo tomorrow! I beg you! My shelter (Alaska Humane Society) will also be there, and who doesn't want a cute little kitty to cuddle up with when you get back from work? We have them! We're even bringing one so you can see how wonderful they are!

(There, phew! My temporary insanity is fading away. Must post before I start deleting (I'm already regretting this Sorry guys ... )

But still, come on by!

Old 06-09-2012, 03:18 AM

2,308 posts, read 3,455,950 times
Hi my friends! Sorry for my long silence. The point is that I'd retired and left Chukotka at last at the end of May this year. Now I'm going to buy the house in Ukraine. And this time I am in Vladivostok city (Primorye, Far East of Russia) to solve some affairs.

Last edited by Лютый; 06-09-2012 at 03:32 AM..

Old 06-09-2012, 04:44 AM

4,061 posts, read 9,880,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Лютый View Post
Hi my friends! Sorry for my long silence. The point is that I'd retired and left Chukotka at last at the end of May this year. Now I'm going to buy the house in Ukraine. And this time I am in Vladivostok city (Primorye, Far East of Russia) to solve some affairs.
Congratulations! The Ukraine is a lot warmer, isn't it? I was wondering how you were.

Old 06-09-2012, 09:01 AM

5,963 posts, read 12,429,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Лютый View Post
Hello Luty....glad to hear from you. Enjoying your retirement?

Old 06-09-2012, 07:52 PM

2,308 posts, read 3,455,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
Hello Luty....glad to hear from you. Enjoying your retirement?
Certainly enjoying! So many years (about 50) to swallow of the snowstorms! However, it was the real life...

Last edited by Лютый; 06-09-2012 at 08:04 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska