Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 09:12 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,433,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by r2thekore View Post
Yeah!... I'm really excited to start documenting some of this... I mean theres so much space up here for weird stuff to happen. Including that movie coming out about the people in Nome the 4th kind or whatever... I'd like to go check that out someday too. When I get home this weekend I really want to go check out the Buckner building... I know there are already alot of people who have been there and took cool pictures and stuff, but I want my own!--- Just bought a new camera yesterday just for that purpose!!

Right now i'm in Alukanuk Alaska.... I talked to a few people around this school and there doesn't seem to be anything interesting out here unfortunately. Tomorrow i'll be in Emmonak and i'll talk to the locals there to see about anything weird or any cool abandoned buildings.

Isn't the Buckner Building the one in Anchorage (I think on Barrow Street), that was built upon a cemetery? If so, I've heard also that it's haunted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2009, 09:37 PM

24 posts, read 80,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
Isn't the Buckner Building the one in Anchorage (I think on Barrow Street), that was built upon a cemetery? If so, I've heard also that it's haunted.
Hmm never heard of that one?! I'll see... Buckner building is in Whittiar... It's around an hour from where I live I believe... Like I said... I'm willing to drive WAYYYY far just to see cool things. Is the building built on the cemetary being lived in right now?

Doing some googling on barrow street anchorage haunted house

Old 10-22-2009, 09:40 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,433,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r2thekore View Post
Hmm never heard of that one?! I'll see... Buckner building is in Whittiar... It's around an hour from where I live I believe... Like I said... I'm willing to drive WAYYYY far just to see cool things. Is the building built on the cemetary being lived in right now?

Doing some googling on barrow street anchorage haunted house
Oh ok, I know which building your talking about in Whittier...duh. It is creepy looking.

Old 10-22-2009, 11:16 PM

854 posts, read 1,977,843 times
the old high school here is supposed to be haunted. but old schools are always supposed to be haunted. i live in the old elementary school (apartments now), some local kids tell me that it's haunted by a clown with no legs that can crawl very quickly after you. apparently, some of these kids have been chased quite far by said clown.

for halloween, i'm dressing as a clown. i'm gonna hide under the stairs when they come a knockin'...

Old 10-22-2009, 11:29 PM

6,381 posts, read 14,566,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
Oh ok, I know which building your talking about in Whittier...duh. It is creepy looking.
Pretty neat place inside, there is/was a hospital, bowling alley and a host of other support offices for the Army during WWII. Use to play in there in the 60's. The city was talked into putting new windows in for a guy that was going to have it rebuilt into a Hotel back in the seventies or so, it didn't happen and the kids have long since broken them all back out.

Old 10-23-2009, 12:42 AM

471 posts, read 1,062,313 times
I am new to Alaska, and I started reading about those "little people" and was confused by them.. and my roomate swears he has seen them, but only at night.

Old 10-23-2009, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamcoltra View Post
I am new to Alaska, and I started reading about those "little people" and was confused by them.. and my roomate swears he has seen them, but only at night.
Alot of the natives talk about them... they think that the little people in the forest like to mess with everyone and cause trouble... they are serious about them too!... if you bring them up they'll tell you about them... I think one of the natives called them Jinxies? or Jynxys? I don't know how you'd spell that... but yeah... No idea ... I keep my eyes open for em but not sure.

Old 10-23-2009, 07:35 PM

471 posts, read 1,062,313 times
They are... according to locals... and the guy who swears he has seen them... living at the Bethel dump.

Old 10-23-2009, 09:03 PM

693 posts, read 1,606,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamcoltra View Post
They are... according to locals... and the guy who swears he has seen them... living at the Bethel dump.
Hmm, the little people sound a bit Tolkien-esque - except for the dump part.

Old 10-24-2009, 01:41 AM

I've heard about them living up in the forest in Pilot Station, and in Mountain Village.... lol... But i'm sure it's like a yupik folklore thing or something... it has to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska