Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 08:31 PM

6,381 posts, read 14,566,245 times

Advertisements

You also have the "Stickman" in interior Alaska... Suppose to be pretty evil...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2009, 09:36 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,859,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r2thekore View Post
Hmm I just googled Iliamna lake monster!! Woah.. never heard of this one... Care to expand on this at all? or has anyone else heard any myths stories or anything about it? what does it look like etc... That definitely seems like it needs to be investigated.
I've heard it is Nessie's first cousin.

Old 10-21-2009, 11:26 PM

24 posts, read 80,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
any cities in particular?

Old 10-21-2009, 11:32 PM

4,989 posts, read 10,020,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
And don't forget the Arctic Man. For all intents and purposes those people are effectively possessed!

Old 10-22-2009, 01:09 AM

Quote:
any cities in particular?
In Nenana, you can talk to the elders, they can give you more details. The younger bucks don't seem to know much about him, or care.

I always wanted to make about a twenty foot "Stickman" out of trees and branches and having it standing on the trail between Minto and Nenana where they make the Beer runs on snowmachines.

Use a few small lines to make it move... raise the arms and such, then after they leave, pull it down for a few months....

Would make a great Reality Show! Camera in the bushes....

Old 10-22-2009, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post
And don't forget the Arctic Man. For all intents and purposes those people are effectively possessed!
At the least, Nuts...

Old 10-22-2009, 03:21 PM

18,356 posts, read 26,489,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
I've heard it is Nessie's first cousin.
No, Nessie's first cousin is in Vermont, she's called Champ.

Old 10-22-2009, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
No, Nessie's first cousin is in Vermont, she's called Champ.
Second cousin then? lol

Old 10-22-2009, 07:55 PM

18,356 posts, read 26,489,954 times
Quote:
Second cousin then? lol
Must be. lol

Worst things down here in VT are the giant worms/serpents (?) in a lake's bottom a diver found when a soldier went missing, the Bennington Monster which once knocked over a stagecoach full of people, and the demons in the woods in the Lincoln Gap area (I saw those myself, seriously!)...but Champ did once come to land in broad daylight to the crowded NY side of Lake Champlain about a century ago or so (supposedly it looks like a giant serpent). Fun stuff. Looks like some nice stuff in Alaska too. LOL

Old 10-22-2009, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Must be. lol

Worst things down here in VT are the giant worms/serpents (?) in a lake's bottom a diver found when a soldier went missing, the Bennington Monster which once knocked over a stagecoach full of people, and the demons in the woods in the Lincoln Gap area (I saw those myself, seriously!)...but Champ did once come to land in broad daylight to the crowded NY side of Lake Champlain about a century ago or so (supposedly it looks like a giant serpent). Fun stuff. Looks like some nice stuff in Alaska too. LOL
Yeah!... I'm really excited to start documenting some of this... I mean theres so much space up here for weird stuff to happen. Including that movie coming out about the people in Nome the 4th kind or whatever... I'd like to go check that out someday too. When I get home this weekend I really want to go check out the Buckner building... I know there are already alot of people who have been there and took cool pictures and stuff, but I want my own!--- Just bought a new camera yesterday just for that purpose!!

Right now i'm in Alukanuk Alaska.... I talked to a few people around this school and there doesn't seem to be anything interesting out here unfortunately. Tomorrow i'll be in Emmonak and i'll talk to the locals there to see about anything weird or any cool abandoned buildings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska