Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 07:00 PM

4,989 posts, read 10,016,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Just imagine the huge liability one assumes for driving without wipers and lights!
Judging by the way many Alaskans drive around here, wipers and lights don't seem to help much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2010, 07:38 PM

20,292 posts, read 37,157,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post
Judging by the way many Alaskans drive around here, wipers and lights don't seem to help much.
Until one hits something or someone and it's found that one could not see out the windshield, and the lawsuits start flying

Old 01-09-2010, 07:40 PM

2,048 posts, read 3,807,220 times
Hey blue....barkley & stiffer might be qualified for that

Old 01-09-2010, 07:46 PM

6,994 posts, read 12,728,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
Hey blue....barkley & stiffer might be qualified for that
ahhh geezzz there goes peoples fingers a-fly'n for that report button again C.C. an your just a sit'n there smirk'n!!! Shall we go for the record amount of number of threads closed while Rance is away playing???

Old 01-09-2010, 10:18 PM

2,048 posts, read 3,807,220 times
sure....why not, all in a days work here at CD

I applied to bee a mod here is the Alaska forum so I can deal with this non-sense & rhetoric those guys start or attempt to advance

Old 01-10-2010, 02:47 AM

471 posts, read 1,061,998 times
I do kinda find it funny on who defines what as trolls, there are many people I have seen troll lately, and they are accusing other people of trolling (I wont mention names, no need to, you know who you are).

but back on topic... Has the OP tried rainx on the headlights? I am not sure how that would do, or if it will make plastic fog over or anything... but if it is okay to use on plastic, you may want to give it a shot.

Also try this: Cut a potato (uncooked) in half... and rub one of the halfs on your headlights... eat the other half or use on your windshield. This should prevent mud from sticking.

Old 01-10-2010, 03:30 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,091,022 times
Rain x and potato. good ideas..........thanks.

Old 01-10-2010, 04:10 PM

4,061 posts, read 9,880,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamcoltra View Post
I do kinda find it funny on who defines what as trolls, there are many people I have seen troll lately, and they are accusing other people of trolling (I wont mention names, no need to, you know who you are).

but back on topic... Has the OP tried rainx on the headlights? I am not sure how that would do, or if it will make plastic fog over or anything... but if it is okay to use on plastic, you may want to give it a shot.

Also try this: Cut a potato (uncooked) in half... and rub one of the halfs on your headlights... eat the other half or use on your windshield. This should prevent mud from sticking.
I'm pretty new to this, what is trolling? I have used Rain X with great success on windshields.

Old 01-10-2010, 04:13 PM

6,994 posts, read 12,728,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobrien View Post
I'm pretty new to this, what is trolling? I have used Rain X with great success on windshields.
here ya go sweetie!
Troll (Internet)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

"Do not feed the trolls" and its abbreviation DNFTT redirect here. For the Wikimedia essay, see "What is a troll?".
In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response[1] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[2]

Old 01-10-2010, 04:19 PM

4,061 posts, read 9,880,776 times
Oh, thanks, I must have known what it is, notice my artful placing of dirty headlight advice after my question?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska