Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 11:44 PM

1,490 posts, read 4,183,899 times

Advertisements

I agree with the thoughts of happiness. Tough now but the happiest thing that happened when my Dad died was take out the pics of when everything was great!! don't know the circumstances for you but it was wonderful too be pulled out of the UGH to seeing happier times, healthier times. Again don't know how to help but would like too. Talk to Debey she can really help go through this as the people you choose to recieve help from.

And don't say forgive me - we are here to help that is how I met and came on to CD because I couldn't find anywhere else for help. It is all good again. No matter what for friends to be there for you and again even strangers. My thoughts go to you, I will plant a coconut on the new sandy beach of raw land in Hawaii for your family and son. New land, new beginnings, new trees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2010, 06:40 AM

355 posts, read 818,881 times
Im so sorry

Old 01-22-2010, 11:23 AM

7,084 posts, read 14,866,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyoness View Post
This has nothing to do with AK again, and a few already have heard....MonroeNews.com - The Monroe Evening News, Monroe, MI this second link is nicer, has his pic Merkle Funeral Service Life Stories (http://www.merklefuneralservice.com/life_stories/ - broken link)
This was my son. Please forgive me if I dont personally answer any msgs. I love and cherish them and you all, and consider a lot you you "Friends" which is why I decided to go ahead and post this here also, all lot of you have seen this on facebook already. As you all know what an honest, open book I tend to be, I will just say that I'm finding it hard to function right now, so please don't feel slighted if I don't answer, just know I love you all for your thoughts & prayers. And since I am posting very, very personal info, any stalker or anyone taking advantage of the info will be hunted down and shot by my eldest, if not myslf.
I am so sorry, I can not think of anything more heartbreaking than outliving your children. My thoughts are with you in your grief.

Old 01-22-2010, 01:33 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,438,364 times
Thinking of Lyoness who will be burying her son tomorrow. The elderly man up the road died yesterday morning from a lengthy battle with cancer; been helping his wife until their daughter arrives. The difference is he was 85 and according to his wife, he lived a long and happy life. So unnatural to lose a young person with so much life before them and it happens too often. My best to you Nancy.

Old 01-22-2010, 02:09 PM

128 posts, read 295,265 times
Default Thinking about you!

Bless you!

Old 01-23-2010, 12:49 PM

1,329 posts, read 2,944,830 times
Just a quick thank you for all the outpouring of prayers & love, I didn't think they would help, actually find them very comforting. The service last night went smoothly, unless of course you ask the police they has to show up to direct traffic, said this was the largest funeral they had ever witnessed (including that poor baby Naveah who was murdered last year). Just warmed my heart, even if it was very overwelming. And huge kudo to me, I kept the claws retracted and his father & step mother and I were able to agree on everything without one argumemnt. Burial service was today, but as he is being cremeted we will have a private burial next week, baring, of course, the part that will remain with him "mommy" forever. Again, thank you for all your prayers, and now I'm, off the find the fetal position on my bed, as a black hole looks pretty good right about now.

Old 01-23-2010, 01:06 PM

1,490 posts, read 4,183,899 times
Glad everyone came together smoothly and you have a large group of people who care. Go ahead and do what every you need to try and heal. Thoughts out to you..

Old 01-23-2010, 02:51 PM

6,424 posts, read 13,250,164 times
Take care Lyoness. You're in our thoughts.

Old 01-23-2010, 10:53 PM

124 posts, read 276,773 times
lyoness-

I am so sorry for your loss. We lost a daughter at 25. I know every person's grief is their own, so I will not be so presumptuous as to say "I know how you feel". But my heart is with you.

Are you familiar with the resource Griefnet? GriefNet - A Community of Persons Dealing With Grief, Death, and Major Loss@griefnet.org

There are several online support groups that are specifically targeted for people coping with loss.

One of the things I found when we were mourning our girl was that sometimes my need to process it was greater than my friends/family ability and / or willingness to provide support. I had some GREAT people in my life who did all they could to get us through that difficult time. But who do you talk to at 2AM when everyone you know has moved on with their own concerns but your heart is still shattered into pieces?

I am in NO WAY saying it is inappropriate for you to reach out to people here. I'm just saying that for what it's worth, it may be helplful to know that there are forums specifically for parents who have lost children (as well as many other groups - there are resources for kids, for adults, for just about any situation you can imagine) and that may be a resource that can help you through this painful time.

Blessings !

Old 01-24-2010, 12:16 AM

1,435 posts, read 2,780,096 times
Good job Lyoness, no matter how much it still hurts you, life goes on and you are a part of it. You can't change it, just make it better. I probably shouldn't mention it, but imagine being one of hurting hundreds of thousands people in Haiti who lost loved ones plus everything they owned and hoped for. There's always another level of hurt life deals. Find happy memories and thoughts to help your closure. Friends and family. Tears help too and are nothing to be ashamed of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska