Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 11:11 PM

740 posts, read 1,974,181 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainy View Post
I slept with my windows open last night in Skagway.

Flip flops and shorts? That sounds like 10 above weather to me
Lol, sounds like my niece. She was born here in Alaska and the weather has NO effect on her. She wears shorts in the coldest months. We are the complete opposites of each other. How are you liking Skagway, Rainy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2007, 04:14 PM

366 posts, read 387,081 times
It's pretty much okay; I work a lot. I was through here years ago but other than that haven't spent time here at all. I do feel more at home here than...on POW...it wasn't until the ferry got a little North of Sitka that I really felt I was back in Alaska.

About the original question here, single life, the populated areas have a fairly balanced ratio of the sexes. That's why I always think it's weird when women hot foot it up here looking for a man and make a beeline for Anchorage. I think that these days both Palmer and Juneau actually have more women than men.

If a woman can't find a guy where she's at now, she probably won't find one here. Those sorts of issues are not really matters of geography. Single guys who live in the more remote areas may have to try a little harder.

Old 06-26-2007, 12:58 AM

1,122 posts, read 4,488,609 times
Default get thee to ANC

If you're a single guy in AK looking for some female company, you gotta get to Anchorage. Not only do the numbers favor you ratio-wise, but if you can dress yourself in something besides rubber overalls and refrain from even the most anti-social behavior you've got a big leg up on a lot of the schmoes out there on the permanently single scene.

When I was working at Providence hospital most all the nurses there were looking for a decent, staple, unmarried non-gay fella, without much success. Of course, if you're planning on dating intelligent and mostly attractive women with good jobs and a decent work ethic, it helps to have the same yourself. Either that or look like Fabio's better-looking younger brother and wear your shirts unbuttoned a lot.

Old 09-15-2007, 01:03 AM

415 posts, read 705,596 times
Default Costa Rica Prince of Brightness

You can't imagine the warmth and brightness of the sun here and the resourcefullness of the curved sunglasses that protect us from revealing our eyes, as we are gaze at a hot latin tica passing by on the sidewalk with my main squeeze in hand and these plastic marvels of technology that keep me from getting a smooth tactfully placed elbow in the ribs from my beautiful love of my life.

As someone once said you can read the menu but you don't have to order.

Pura Vida de Amor.

Snakeman

Old 09-15-2007, 01:05 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,737,386 times
I have a headache.

Old 10-08-2007, 12:01 PM

9 posts, read 31,496 times
Dose anyone have a good website for Alaskan crime statistics, rental costs, and more?

MePaul
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska