Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area
 [Register]
Albany area Albany - Schenectady - Troy - Saratoga Springs metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2008, 08:25 AM

4 posts, read 9,797 times

Advertisements

Hello, I am new to this site and have read the posting guidelines and am enjoying reading the posts. I am interested in finding out about the best areas
within 15 miles of downtown Albany to relocate.

Specifically, I am interested in anyone knowing which direction the water table flows underground, any toxic dump locations in the past 50 years,
air traffic noise, or anything else making it favorable or unfavorable to live.
I have read the city-data demographics, the Sperling & Sander "Cities Ranked and Rated" publication, and live within driving distance. Any inside info would help either privately messaged or posts.

I enjoy quiet evenings, gardening and wildlife, yet as I get older, I would like to be able to depend on public transportation if needed.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2008, 03:00 PM

148 posts, read 648,108 times
FACTORY FARMS are an area you want to avoid. Check out this map link showing Factory Farms in NY. Lots of them appear to be in the areas around Albany. Air quality is as bad as it gets anywhere near one of these filthy monsters. Well water is often contaminated with E Coli so get it tested. Watch out for the Agricultural District Disclaimer you sign at closing. You might be shocked by what you just signed. Right To Farm Laws are another concern as they are Right to pollute your well water and the air you breath. They were set up to protect the industrial dairy farms from pollution lawsuits. You'll never get this info from your real estate agent so do your homework. Map of New York State CAFO Sites - NYS Dept. of Environmental Conservation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area
View detailed profiles of: