Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area
 [Register]
Albany area Albany - Schenectady - Troy - Saratoga Springs metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2007, 04:54 PM

329 posts, read 512,562 times

Advertisements

I may be moving to the Albany area next month from Philadelphia and wanted to know what the rental situation is like. If I wanted to find a 1 BR place that has a dishwasher, W/D in unit and central air/heat. What would I be looking at paying?

Yes I know I could go to the various apartment sites but I wanted to ask from people who actually rent or have rented in the area. Also, when I talk about the Albany area I refer to 30 mile+ radius of surrounding areas.

I am currently share a 2 BR 2BA place in Philly in which I pay half of the rent ($750). This place has all the amenities I listed above.

Regards
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2007, 09:50 AM

75 posts, read 294,259 times
Default Apartments in Albany area

In response to your question, the type of lifestyle and amount you'd like to sepnd will determine wherein the Capital Region you'd want to live. If you'd like to stay within the City of Albany, you can spend less than $500/mo for a 1 bed apartment in a not-so great area, or you can easily spend $800 or more for tha same in a nice part of the city. You can spend quite a bit if you'd like a very nice place in an apartment complex/development in one of the nicer suburbs only 15 minutes from downtown. For example, you can live in eatsern Guilderland in a countryclub-like apartment complex starting at $795 for the type of place you're interested in. I own rental properties, but they're all 3 or 4 bedrooms.

Old 05-19-2007, 01:36 PM

18 posts, read 74,926 times
Where are you going to be working? Halfmoon/Clifton Park - just into Saratoga County about 10 miles north of Albany are great, but the Northway going into town in the morning can be tough.

As Phil says, there are a bunch of nice places out Western Avenue in Guilderland.

Old 05-24-2007, 01:23 PM

Thank you for the replies and input.

I just found out I will be working around the Ballston Spa area. So I imagine anything within a 25 mile radius is where I would be looking at.

I may take advantage of the holiday weekend and drive up to the area to get a feel.

Old 05-25-2007, 05:48 AM

203 posts, read 853,105 times
Clifton Park has a lot of newer apartment complexes with the amenities that you're looking for and is probably less than 30 minutes from Ballston Spa. I rented in East Greenbush for 3 years. Paid 715 for a nice 2 bdrm. Dishwasher, c/a, pool, tennis. To find a place with washers in the apartments you'd have to look for a newer complex though.

Old 05-25-2007, 11:15 AM

18 posts, read 74,926 times
The Landings in Halfmoon has all this stuff, very nice complex. About twenty minutes from Ballston Spa... several nice drives to get there, no commuting issues. If you use the Northway, you'd be going opposite the traffic.

There are a ton of places around Clifton Park, in the same general area - Sitterly Road Clifton Park Center has several. Hollandale is nice also, but The Landings is really well located.

Obviously there are a lot of choices in Saratoga Springs also, which is a great place to live, but likely a bit more expensive.

Old 05-25-2007, 12:41 PM

Thanks to all for the input.

Old 06-24-2007, 08:46 AM

8 posts, read 60,662 times
Default Short-Term Rental w/ Pets & Good School?

Ok, that's asking a lot. We plan to move near Albany (w/in a 1/2 hour commute to just NW of the intersection of I 90 & I 87), have a dog and cat, and want a good public hi school e.g., Bethlehem, Guilderland, Niskayuna or Bouton. If we rent we'd likely do so for under 6 months until we buy a house. Feasible? Advice?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area