Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 06:33 PM

1 posts, read 4,647 times

Advertisements

Albuquerque is such a junky city, it has horrible transportation services,no tourist can come and enjoy a nice vacation...you gotto have your own car! plus the people aren't friendly and they are not used to tourists.
It is so dry and it barely rains during the winter, it is deserted you feel like no body lives there.it has horrible architecture and no trace for urbanism and cevilization, so if you haven't beeen to other urban places don't comment on my message.

Old 07-17-2010, 06:49 PM

1,633 posts, read 3,748,935 times
You want some cheese with that?

Everyone has their own opinion of here, some love it, some hate it. Not sure how many join a forum just to whine about it though!

Old 07-17-2010, 06:59 PM

4,552 posts, read 15,050,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spirit84 View Post
Albuquerque is such a junky city, it has horrible transportation services,no tourist can come and enjoy a nice vacation...you gotto have your own car! plus the people aren't friendly and they are not used to tourists.
It is so dry and it barely rains during the winter, it is deserted you feel like no body lives there.it has horrible architecture and no trace for urbanism and cevilization, so if you haven't beeen to other urban places don't comment on my message.

I wouldnt say its deserted, you make it sound like tbere are only a handful of residents in the middle of nowhere.

Old 07-17-2010, 07:07 PM

77,771 posts, read 105,064,062 times
Quote:
I have been to probably more places than you have. Albuquerque isn't junky, and it is a tourist city many enjoy visiting. With the exception of the east coast most cities do not offer good rapid transit. Yes, you need a car, so what does that have to do with whether the city is junky or not. The people are very used to tourist: I have always found the people in ABQ very friendly.

The city never feels diserted, but you are right about 1 thing, there is very little rain, it is called desert, what would you expect? Why do you say there is no trace of urbanism?

I think I spell a TROLL here.

Nita

Old 07-17-2010, 07:38 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,641,738 times
If you live near a major bus route, ABQ Ride is actually a pretty good transit system. I work at client offices and shop a number of places for my two businesses, and there's only one client I can't get to on the bus. If I was in better shape, however, I could easily get there on a bike.

I found Houston, Tampa and Orlando transit systems to be horrible and those cities are all considerably larger than ABQ.

Old 07-17-2010, 11:35 PM

1,287 posts, read 3,328,627 times
Quote:
don't comment on my message.
You must enjoy sitting on your own a lot in empty rooms not communicating with anyone.

Old 07-17-2010, 11:36 PM

508 posts, read 1,089,287 times
^yep, when you compare ABQ's transit to that of peer cities (i.e. same metro size) - Tulsa, Omaha, El Paso, Birmingham, AL etc, - it actually stacks up pretty well. It could be alot better, but it isn't terrible.

As for the O.P., if that isn't the definition of a troll post, I don't know what is. Also, I think it's telling that there tends to be a pretty strong correlation between blathering, unintelligent (i.e. unintelligable) posts and bashing (insert city X).

Old 07-19-2010, 12:56 PM

5,548 posts, read 16,108,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukon
ABQ Ride is actually a pretty good transit system.
For people who live here, ABQ is, yes, "pretty good."

There are probably only one or two cities in the US with a good
transit system for tourists. I can say that anywhere in
Japan and only in Taipei for Taiwan, it's good for tourists.

I assume that many cities in Europe, transit caters to tourists, but
I also assume that for non-tourist destinations, same as the US.

Old 07-19-2010, 01:03 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,238,909 times
Quote:
...so if you haven't beeen to other urban places don't comment on my message.
How many people "haven't been to other urban places"? What a ridiculous qualifier. I have visited ABQ several times and have always enjoyed it. Your message is unbelievably negative, probably coming from under a bridge.

Old 07-20-2010, 08:14 AM

110 posts, read 366,915 times
Good. I hope he stays away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque