Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 09:54 PM

414 posts, read 1,020,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkMagaritas View Post
I saw people swimming in the river the other day... It looks pretty brown.. Is that accepted practice?

I am excited to check out the Bosque it looks fun and has miles of trails!!
Hm, I'm not sure I'd want to swim in the river. Believe it or not, there is a fair bit of agriculture around the river, and (correct me if I'm wrong, just assuming here) most of the runoff, containing fertilizers and other unpleasant substances ends up in the river.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2010, 11:16 PM

326 posts, read 837,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
It is always brown. That is the mud....

There area lot of trails along the Bosque

South of Alameda Blvd, ABQ

Rio Rancho

Rio Rancho, trying to decide if we want to go North or South...

Here is a good guide/map that shows the trail in ABQ: Paseo del Bosque Bike Trail in Albuquerque
Rich

Ohh myy goodness! that looks great!!! Are those your horses?? I bet its so fun riding through there! cute dogs too!

Old 09-12-2010, 11:28 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,767,782 times
Quote:
Ohh myy goodness! that looks great!!! Are those your horses?? I bet its so fun riding through there! cute dogs too!
Lot's of places to hike etc. Enjoy the Bosque..

Not my horses, I gave up horses years ago. The dogs are mine...

Rich

Old 09-13-2010, 05:22 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
I suggest avoiding using the bathroom vent while showering. Open the door and vent the moisture into the house. We do that in the winter here in the "humid" Northeast and we have never had a excess moisture or mold problem.

PO - also avoid magaritas or any alcohol as is helps the body dehydrate. I am not certain of this because I have never given it a long term study.

Old 09-13-2010, 07:06 AM

4,255 posts, read 5,936,716 times
I stopped drinking alcohol (for now anyway) at the beginning of this year, precisely because of the dehydration issue. It seems to make my sinuses that much drier if I drink alcohol. I'd prefer the option of moderately drinking now and then, but drinking hasn't been a big part of my life for a while now, so it's not a deal for me to give it up.

Old 09-14-2010, 06:09 PM

51 posts, read 115,650 times
Welcome to NM! We've been here 3 years now and still love it!

Old 09-15-2010, 05:53 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,356,551 times
There are a couple of 'swimming holes' on the river in the Albuquerque area. One of the best is by the Corrales Bosque where there is a large shallow eddy and a beach that is only under during floods.

Of course the water is a bit nasty with agricultural runoff. I would swim in it but not often and I definitely wouldn't get any in my mouth.

Old 09-15-2010, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
There are a couple of 'swimming holes' on the river in the Albuquerque area. One of the best is by the Corrales Bosque where there is a large shallow eddy and a beach that is only under during floods.

Of course the water is a bit nasty with agricultural runoff. I would swim in it but not often and I definitely wouldn't get any in my mouth.

Ohh a sandy beach???? I must check this out! I have gotten the weirdest tan lines since moving here and having constant sunshine on me.

My mom and I were just talking about where we can go sun bathing, jokingly I told her we should go into one of those empty canal things and just lay down a blanket!

Old 09-15-2010, 06:11 PM

414 posts, read 1,020,109 times
Quote:
Ohh a sandy beach???? I must check this out! I have gotten the weirdest tan lines since moving here and having constant sunshine on me.

My mom and I were just talking about where we can go sun bathing, jokingly I told her we should go into one of those empty canal things and just lay down a blanket!
One of those was recommended to us as a good fishing spot when full of water. I don't think I've ever seen such deformed-looking fish...

Old 09-15-2010, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbqTeacher View Post
One of those was recommended to us as a good fishing spot when full of water. I don't think I've ever seen such deformed-looking fish...
I actually laughed out loud for real reading that (althought I really shouldn't!). Did you set the poor creature free?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque