Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 02:25 PM
LLD

654 posts, read 3,071,709 times

Advertisements

The WalMart at Cottonwood actually has really good produce -- beats the Raley's I use. I think I would choose Smith's over Albertson's. As to stores to move in... would be great to see HEB's here -- all over parts of Texas and a very good store with decent quality goods and decent prices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2007, 02:58 PM

25 posts, read 92,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLD View Post
The WalMart at Cottonwood actually has really good produce -- beats the Raley's I use. I think I would choose Smith's over Albertson's. As to stores to move in... would be great to see HEB's here -- all over parts of Texas and a very good store with decent quality goods and decent prices.

I used to shop at HEB in Corpus Christi back in the 80's. Mostly nice stores. I actually liked their older, smaller stores best - funny.

I'd check HEB out if they came here. As for Smith's, not keen on the one near my house, but like the one at Constitution & Carlisle.

Old 07-18-2007, 03:43 PM
_yb

1,120 posts, read 5,288,766 times
HEB has pretty much taken over the San Antonio market. I think that is the direction Albertson's is taking.

I really like Raley's I don't much care for Albertson's and I have no use at all for the chinese flea market.

Old 07-18-2007, 05:07 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,613,896 times
I always shop at Smiths grocery at Menaul and Carlisle as the employees there ROCK!! There're real friendly and have been goung there for years so not interested in any other place except on a rare occasion the Wild Oats on Carlisle and Indian School....

Old 07-18-2007, 10:33 PM

181 posts, read 707,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousGirl View Post
My impression of Albertsons - I'm thinking of the one at Lomas & Juan Tabo - is that near the deli & meat area, it smells rotten/drity. Produce was often old. Maybe that's why I have not been there for ages.

They'd have to do alot to get my attention.

I'm remaining a pickly consumer.
I'm always at this Albertson's store since I live near it. It is OK in my opinion, but it is an older store...though not as old as some others around town. I have really come to like the 'newer' Raley's on Juan Tabo and Candelaria--NICE! It's a pity that it will change hands as I've just 'discovered' it and like it the way it is right now. Sigh....

Old 07-19-2007, 06:52 PM

253 posts, read 1,305,941 times
ANybody know the best place to get fresh produce in Rio Rancho? Fruits and veggies are the only things I am extra picky about, so I am willing to travel a bit farther for those.

Old 07-20-2007, 12:51 PM

416 posts, read 1,399,204 times
I've been watching this thread closely! I'm super picky about my produce, too!

Old 07-21-2007, 07:46 AM

4,468 posts, read 10,612,146 times
would be great to see HEB's here -

Wow, if y'all could get HEB's, the next thing would be a Central Market from HEB In which case I'd be in ABQ yesterday.

Old 07-21-2007, 07:48 AM
LLD

654 posts, read 3,071,709 times
I think there is a Farmer's Market somewhere in Rio Rancho -- one of my friends mentioned it to me. I'll try to remember to ask her since I'll see her this evening.

As to Central Market -- yeah love that store!

Old 08-02-2007, 03:37 PM

741 posts, read 1,379,426 times
Yesterday, the very pleasant young woman who carried out my order at the Raley's on Juan Tabo and Candelaria told me that it becomes Albertsons on the 13th.

I was especially sorry to learn from her that she, and most other customer courtesy clerks were out of a job! Apparently anyone who cannot work at least 5 hours daily is out. Those in high school were told they could "possibly" work a couple of hours before school (!?), and then return after 4pm for the balance of time.

The employees were told by Albertsons that "they don't really need many courtesy people" because the days of customer carry out are over.

I've shopped at this and the Raley's at Lomas/Tramway. Like the other Raley's employees, those young clerks may not have felt like being nice, but they were.

It is a shame all around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque