Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2012, 11:35 AM

910 posts, read 2,295,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by www_WellnessFAQS_net View Post
Many women who used estrogen alone as hormone replacement therapy after menopause had a lower risk of developing breast cancer up to five years after they stopped taking it, a study has found.

The research adds another twist to the evolving story on whether hormone replacement therapy helps some women beyond treating menopausal symptoms such as hot flashes and poor sleep quality.
My grandmother used estrogen for years and years yet died at almost 96 of "old age", her only health problems being high blood pressure and possibly an undiagnosed thyroid deficiency.

What people are not being told is the relationship of iodine and breast cancer. For starters, iodine is needed all over the body and not just in the thyroid, the 150 mcg. daily requirement established at least by the suggestion of the WHO was based on the basic needs of the thyroid for goiter prevention, and at the time little was known about iodine's role in other glands and organs. Iodine was used therapeutically with great success for many conditions in the past but as modern medicine introduced faster acting drugs its use decreased and eventually nearly ceased and then Wolff & Chaikoff proposed in a study that iodine "in excess" was "bad" for the thyroid and everyone jumped on the bandwagon, but thank God for doctors who can think out of the box, a small group of them have dedicated themselves to research iodine's role in cell apoptosis (programmed cell death) and its role in the body and they have found that women who suffer from fibrocystics breasts, often a precursor of breast cancer, can be cured with large doses with iodine (plus other "companion" nutrients). These doctors have written also of how iodine "turns off" estrogen by aiding estradiol's conversion to estriol, a less "carcinogenic" form of estrogen.

Please do not be surprised if you've never heard of this before. Although I myself had been taking iodine in small amounts for my thyroid for a few years, it was not until 2007 when I believe through "divine intervention" that I came up with the first clue to this puzzle, it was a letter by a Dr. Schachter, to a site that sold iodine, aimed at informing buyers of other possible benefits of iodine, like it's relationship of preventing several types of cancer, three of which had occurred in my mother's side of the family (living in another country) and since at the time my mother had just become bedridden as a consequence of conventional cancer treatment (breast, which had metastasized to lung & brain) that was of great interest to me and I began doing search after search and like Neo in "The Matrix" found out how deep "the rabbit hole goes".

I know there will be the skeptics who will jump up and challenge this but, well, that's their right to do so, as for me, I will not respond to any challenges as my sole intent is to pass on information that I think others should really have to start them on their way "down the rabbit hole" if they so choose it, just like I did, nothing more and nothing less. Everyone here obviously has access to the internet so I invite you to use your search engines and keep learning. I do warn you it can be very very painful sometimes to face the truth, which is why so very many people prefer to continue to be "plugged in to the Matrix", if you get my meaning. Stepping out of conventional "science" is NOT for the faint of heart, so do it at your own risk!

With that said, here's a page to start from:
Breast Cancer Choices - Innovative Research and Patient Advocacy. For faster progress click on the link that says Meet Jeffrey Dach, M.D. Iodine Against Breast Cancer: The Overwhelming Evidence. And please, please, don't listen to those who'll immediately cry "quack", just SEE FOR YOURSELVES!!!

Last edited by TiredOfSFL; 08-29-2012 at 11:39 AM.. Reason: punctuation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2012, 02:31 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,504,111 times
THANK YOU for this post. I find iodine VERY interesting. It's unfortunate that conventional medicine doesn't often consider or include such 'natural' elements in treatment, prevention, or general health improvement options - I gather it's because these types of things are 'too cheap' and so there's not enough money to be made (on patents and the like).

It's sad when "first do no harm" seems to apply to 'the bottom line' more than to patients! (or to patients bottom line!) Even in light of such things as "overwhelming evidence"!! I'm glad some doctors are beginning to step 'outside the box' AND share what they are learning.

I like Dr Jeffrey Dach - I receive his monthly newsletter. And, I use progesterone to help with hormone balance issues.

Thanks again for this interesting post!
Iodine: Why you need it, Why you can't live without it by David Brownstein (2009)

Old 09-02-2012, 02:07 PM

910 posts, read 2,295,658 times
Oh, I see they moved my post from the breast cancer thread, it doesn't matter that 2 women in my family have had b/c and that I myself am at risk, therefore this is perfectly relevant to the subject. I guess women with or at risk of b/c shouldn't see this for some reason, interesting!

Thank you very much Zelva, so glad to see there's someone else here that likes doctors who "think outside the box", posts like this seems to greatly offend those that blindly trust allopathic medicine. I bought Dr. Brownstein's book back in '07, there's been new editions since that are more complete though.

It's very hard for some to wrap their minds around the thought that something like iodine would be kept away from people but as the greatest book of all ages (The Bible) says "The love of money is the root of all evil" so, I no longer have any doubt as to the reason why, conventional cancer treatment is BIG business. And that's why I have not ever nor will ever donate one penny to so-called cancer research, or any other organization of other "incurable" diseases, after decades of observing zero to little progress being done towards a cure, I am sure the much expected breakthroughs are never going to come, or at least not in my lifetime.

Here's a video I saw yesterday of Dr. Jorge Flechas in a conference for doctors, I'm sure you know who he is, but for those who don't he's one of the three main iodine researchers in the U.S.A., Dr. Brownstein is another, and the one who apparently started it all is Dr. Guy Abraham:

Jorge Flechas - Restorative Medicine - Total Body Iodine Sufficiency - YouTube

Old 09-10-2012, 12:26 AM

1,716 posts, read 2,504,111 times
THANK YOU! I went and listened to a few of Jorge Flechas' YouTube clips - very interesting!! Wow!! Thank you!

Also, I wanted to mention that I received an email from City-Data that a post of mine was being moved to this new 'alternative medicine' category, so maybe it's a compliment that your post was moved here!! :-D To get things started.

Much thanks again for this important and interesting resource!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine