Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 09:37 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,113,698 times

Advertisements

I have had several sessions now and it is FANTASTIC! I am feeling better than I have in a long, long time. It has helped all back and shoulder pain, plus improved my digestion and sleeping! It is supposed to help with my Type 2 diabetes so we'll see, that would be the cherry on top! I highly recommend it, but be sure you get an excellent, well-qualified practitioner if anyone decides to try it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2013, 02:13 PM

7,201 posts, read 14,987,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I have had several sessions now and it is FANTASTIC! I am feeling better than I have in a long, long time. It has helped all back and shoulder pain, plus improved my digestion and sleeping! It is supposed to help with my Type 2 diabetes so we'll see, that would be the cherry on top! I highly recommend it, but be sure you get an excellent, well-qualified practitioner if anyone decides to try it.
As for your diabetes,.. some Drs are treating patients using diet alone. Some diabetics have even gotten off insulin injections. You may want to look into that if you're willing to change your diet and get some exercise every day.

Old 08-19-2013, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by =^..^= View Post
As for your diabetes,.. some Drs are treating patients using diet alone. Some diabetics have even gotten off insulin injections. You may want to look into that if you're willing to change your diet and get some exercise every day.
Thanks - I already exercise plenty every single day (walking, biking and yard work) and eat a healthy diet. I am on no meds right now and glucose is dropping steadily. I am doing far better than when I was taking the Metformin, which made me sick and did very little to bring down my numbers.

Anyway, I am satisfied with the acupuncture and highly recommend it - it can help with a lot of things, especially pain management.

Old 08-26-2013, 01:58 AM

14,520 posts, read 8,765,227 times
Years ago, I had an occipital nerve entrapment which was very painful. Any Rx which would actually help the pain also pretty much knocked me out, so taking Rx wasn't a good solution as I worked in an exacting, technical and potentially dangerous discipline.

Acupuncture was recommended and after six weeks of 1 treatment per week the pain was completely gone! My doctor wasn't Chinese, (he was Irish, lol) but he was an MD who had trained for acupuncture in China.

He also gave me knowledge of two pressure points to treat if that particular pain ever returned. It's been about 20+ years now, and during this whole period, the pain has temporarily returned about 6-7 times. Each occurrence , I've used the pressure point treatment and it works within 5 minutes. The pain disappears.

I must say, in my earlier life I'd been very skeptical about this treatment, but I'm so glad I was adventuresome/desperate enough to try it. It certainly worked well for me.

Old 08-27-2013, 08:45 AM

5 posts, read 26,403 times
Is acupuncture good for long term relief or is it more of a measure for short term pain relief?

Old 10-04-2013, 09:13 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,561,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by confusedasusual View Post
I would recommend it. I actually got the urge to go when I posted in another thread and a CD member told me to try it, too. My therapist had said it for months, but there is nothing like a testimonial!

Mine was actually not too bad cost wise. It was $25 for about an hour and a half. They do the needles and then let you lie and relax while the music plays. Then they came over an talked to you. I even got a sheet with foods that are good for anxiety. I do think it gets exacerbated by my diet.

I am currently in New Orleans and in the process of moving to DC. I am sure it will be lots more expensive there! I am going to try and do it once a week.
That is insanely cheap.
I became a believer with my dogs torn cruciate, a leg muscle. It was either expensive surgery or try acupuncture. We had a 15 min session once a week for a month and she was walking almost normal again. The vet said she would always be somewhat lame. My dogs recovery even surprised her.
A few weeks ago she was playing and came up limping again. We got a couple sessions and she is good to go once more.
These 15-20 min sessions cost $60 each. They are not whole body, just the affected leg and the vet leaves us alone in the room to attend other business during the session.

Old 10-08-2013, 04:17 PM

1,533 posts, read 1,591,667 times
Has it helped anyone here with back pain issues? Hubby has had 3 back surgeries and still in pain. Nothing seems to help

Old 10-09-2013, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZPam View Post
Has it helped anyone here with back pain issues? Hubby has had 3 back surgeries and still in pain. Nothing seems to help
Helping me a LOT! I have had about 9 treatments now - since about my 6th treatment I have started to see huge improvements in everything, including my back pain. I have scoliosis, stenosis, some arthritis and other degenerative issues including intermitten sciatica. The accupuncture has been helping tremendously.

I am going every week now, cost me $50 each time, worth every dime.

Old 10-15-2013, 12:55 PM

147 posts, read 327,682 times
For me, I tried it for digestive issues. Not only did it not work after several expensive treatments, it hurt like hell. I wonder if I just had an inept pracitioner.

Old 10-15-2013, 02:03 PM

14,520 posts, read 8,765,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie4530 View Post
For me, I tried it for digestive issues. Not only did it not work after several expensive treatments, it hurt like hell. I wonder if I just had an inept pracitioner.
I think your practitioner may well have been inept. My understanding is that one should never feel any pain when the needles are inserted or during the time they are in place. Perhaps a tingling or nerve frisson, but not actual pain.

I had treatments for six weeks for occipital nerve entrapment and experienced no pain during or after the treatments and by the end of the six weeks, the original nerve entrapment pain was completely resolved.

I'd spoken of this in my earlier post, #14, don't know if you read that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine