Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2013, 05:18 PM

37,096 posts, read 41,226,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Quantum Mechanics (as I understanding it), states that when you get down to a molecular level, that *everything* becomes energy. And energy is comprised of frequency and vibration. That when all is said and done; you, me, the piano in the corner, the dog at your feet, the chickens in the coop, the rock in your shoe are all comprised of protons, electrons and neutrons vibrating at a specific frequency.

It has been proven SCIENTIFICALLY, that those vibrations can be altered. Radio frequencies, microwave frequencies, x-ray frequencies, etc., alter vibrations. Ergo, vibrations can be altered. Homeopathy uses these frequencies in a way which ALTERS the existing frequency in a person's body which is resulting in a negative result (i.e. pain, emotional issues, illness, etc).

Now that having been said, I do not claim to know everything that there is to know about it. But I do have a problem with people who claim to be "experts" and have a list of "credentials" as long as your arm, who are not capable of understanding the most basic and rudimentary concepts. I have been to college my friend, and I am not impressed with credentials. Some of the MOST STUPID people I have known in my life have credentials as long as your arm. They are so devoid of common sense that they cannot effectively tie their own shoelace.

And while we are at it, I have a problem with someone whose name is Al-Khalili, which would indicate to me that the are Muslim. Not to go off topic, but Islam has a very strong agenda in this world, And do not for a minute think that his philosophy has nothing to do with that. Islam is not just a religion, it is a dictate from Allah that every aspect of your life is follow his bidding. I have nothing personal against Muslims at all, but I never for an instant forget that they are out to dominate the world. Therefore, anything they say that is NEGATIVE and against the truth is very suspect to me.

20yrsinBranson
Actually, his mother is Christian, his father he describes as a non-practicing Muslim, probably agnostic, and he himself is an atheist who respects the beliefs of others, including his mother.

I take it you did not read the previous link about him. In it, he says, "Like so many people who are not religious, I have often felt offended by the misguided notion that people require a religious faith to provide their moral compass in order to lead a good life. Reason, decency, tolerance, empathy and hope are human traits that we should aspire to, not because we seek reward of eternal life or because we fear the punishment of a supernatural being, but because they define our humanity. Only in recent years have I come to appreciate that all those qualities I have tried to espouse are precisely what defines Humanism.
My scientific training has given me a privileged rationalist view of the world and I have dedicated my life to trying to understand the workings of nature and our place in the universe using scientific reason. This has engendered in me a strong sense of awe and wonder in the world, which my cells are so fleetingly a part of, that goes far deeper for me than anything religious faith can offer."

That being said, he is a quantum physicist. If he says that homeopathy's attempts at explaining homeopathy with quantum mechanics is hogwash, I tend to believe him.

No one has actually shown that homeopathic products do anything at the quantum level. Saying it is so does not make it true.

Old 11-26-2013, 06:59 PM

219 posts, read 331,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Now that having been said, I do not claim to know everything that there is to know about it. But I do have a problem with people who claim to be "experts" and have a list of "credentials" as long as your arm, who are not capable of understanding the most basic and rudimentary concepts. I have been to college my friend, and I am not impressed with credentials. Some of the MOST STUPID people I have known in my life have credentials as long as your arm. They are so devoid of common sense that they cannot effectively tie their own shoelace.

And while we are at it, I have a problem with someone whose name is Al-Khalili, which would indicate to me that the are Muslim. Not to go off topic, but Islam has a very strong agenda in this world, And do not for a minute think that his philosophy has nothing to do with that. Islam is not just a religion, it is a dictate from Allah that every aspect of your life is follow his bidding. I have nothing personal against Muslims at all, but I never for an instant forget that they are out to dominate the world. Therefore, anything they say that is NEGATIVE and against the truth is very suspect to me.

20yrsinBranson
Wow.

I would think a believer in homeopathy would be more open to other faiths and cultures

Despite your blatant discrimination, you are basically setting yourself up to be irrefutable. Credentials + good argument, should supplant someone without credentials + good argument. Also, you discounted scientific studies over anecdotal evidence in an earlier post. Scientific studies also have anecdotal evidence, it is just organized via the scientific method. Again, study + anecdotal accounts > no study + anecdotal accounts. If you are discounting credentials and scientific studies, then you are making it impossible to prove anything to you.

Although I do not believe in homeopathy, if the medication is safe and produces positive results, I am okay with people using them.

Old 11-26-2013, 08:38 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,120,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swack View Post
Wow.

I would think a believer in homeopathy would be more open to other faiths and cultures
I am very open to people of other faiths and cultures. I have even, occasionally defended Islam on CD. I am not saying they are bad people, I have nothing in the world against them. But you have to UNDERSTAND Islam. It is not a religion. It is a way of life. If you are Muslim then you must, as a tenant of the faith, and a commandment of Allah work to make everyone Muslim. Because of that, I always examine very closely, the possible motive of anything that is said by a Muslim person. In many cases I understand they are simply doing/saying what they believe is right to advance their agenda. It's not a slam, or an insult. It is simply fact.

Anyway, educated or not. If he says that homeopathy is not part of quantum mechanics he is wrong. Plain and simple.

20yrsinBranson

Old 11-26-2013, 09:56 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,920,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swack View Post
Wow.

Despite your blatant discrimination, you are basically setting yourself up to be irrefutable. Credentials + good argument, should supplant someone without credentials + good argument. Also, you discounted scientific studies over anecdotal evidence in an earlier post. Scientific studies also have anecdotal evidence, it is just organized via the scientific method. Again, study + anecdotal accounts > no study + anecdotal accounts. If you are discounting credentials and scientific studies, then you are making it impossible to prove anything to you.

Although I do not believe in homeopathy, if the medication is safe and produces positive results, I am okay with people using them.
Then highlighted is Moderator cut: rude, given your scientific world view.

Last edited by in_newengland; 11-26-2013 at 11:28 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine