Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 08:49 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,369,528 times

Advertisements

I know this has been said, but as a reminder, don't spit this
oil out into the sink or even toilet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2014, 08:16 AM

2,827 posts, read 4,340,186 times
Here's an article on how to do it, followed with lots of comments.

To those of you that do oil pulling, what is your preferred time to do it?

How To Do Oil Pulling (And Why You?d Want To) - Mama Natural

Old 03-14-2014, 07:50 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,791,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nezlie View Post
To those of you that do oil pulling, what is your preferred time to do it?

How To Do Oil Pulling (And Why You?d Want To) - Mama Natural
First thing in the am, but after I take my homeopathic meds--I have quite a detailed routine these days.

Old 03-16-2014, 12:58 AM

823 posts, read 1,784,227 times
I oil pull first thing in the morning, about 1 tsp of coconut oil, swishing for as long as I can while I get breakfast and lunch ready for kids. I just started to pull right before going to bed also.

I know spitting oil in sink can cause drain problems, but why not the toilet? I expel mine in trash. I am making my 7 year-old oil pull with coconut oil also to see if it will help eliminate cavities

Old 03-16-2014, 07:25 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,369,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by russlancea View Post
I know spitting oil in sink can cause drain problems, but why not the toilet?
I expel mine in trash. I am making my 7 year-old oil pull with coconut oil also to see if it will help eliminate cavities
Not toilet? I was told for the same reason as sink.
I also do it first thing in the morniing.

Old 03-16-2014, 09:37 PM

My teeth are getting whiter! I've always had yellow teeth--even before I became a coffee drinker and now they're whiter than they've ever been. Dental health is better overall and good thing b/c I'm getting amalgams replaced.

Old 03-16-2014, 09:44 PM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,785,934 times
AM

Supplements first that are 30 minutes prior to eating with full glass of water.

Then 1 tsp coconut oil for 20 minutes - swish swish

Then spit into an empty old butter/margarine plastic container and put the lid on. Use till full and throw in the trash.

Old 03-16-2014, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by russlancea View Post
I am making my 7 year-old oil pull with coconut oil also to see if it will help eliminate cavities
You know, that reminds me of something that was puzzling me. Last fall I went to a conventional dentist and she told me that I have a cavity and I needed to schedule an appt pronto to get in and get it fixed but with one thing and another, it didn't get done. Then after the new yr (and after starting the OP) I started to see a bio dentist and he could not find the cavity! I don't know if it healed that fast or if the first dentist was lying though.

Old 03-17-2014, 01:07 AM

823 posts, read 1,784,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
You know, that reminds me of something that was puzzling me. Last fall I went to a conventional dentist and she told me that I have a cavity and I needed to schedule an appt pronto to get in and get it fixed but with one thing and another, it didn't get done. Then after the new yr (and after starting the OP) I started to see a bio dentist and he could not find the cavity! I don't know if it healed that fast or if the first dentist was lying though.
So it only took a few months for the "cavity" to go away? I've heard similar stories, but don't know of anyone personally who's been able to reverse a cavity. Some people have said their filling popped out as the tooth healed itself. That's pretty amazing and I hope my daughter will see similar results.

I made an appt for the fillings, but I'm going to cancel it. My daughter can't handle getting a vaccine, so I'm not sure how she'll do with fillings. The doctor said if she's that's queasy about needles, then she can get laughing gas instead. Uh...no thank you.

My daughter gagged at the thought of oil pulling, even though she sees me doing it. She finally agreed to do it, so I am praying that it will improve her dental health.

Old 03-17-2014, 06:05 AM

2,827 posts, read 4,340,186 times
I started doing it last week. I do it in the am sometime after breakfast. Since I drink green tea first thing, I'm hoping it will remove any staining by doing it after instead of before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine