Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 08:14 PM

2,981 posts, read 2,932,245 times

Advertisements

- I have a new problem.

I've been having stomach aching.

When I told my Doctor this summer (he's since retired).
But when I showed him under my right breast.

He said that's your liver.
And he questioned me about my diet.
I him that I ate Long Silver's fried fish for lunch.

He said, that's not food! Stop eating it.

So I have but now it's gotten worse.
And I've found out now that it doesn't hurt if I don't eat meat!

Does anyone know anything about the liver and eating meat??? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2014, 08:16 PM

37,105 posts, read 41,238,832 times
Get your gall bladder checked out.

Old 11-24-2014, 09:23 PM

What is the test for getting the gall bladder tested?

Old 11-24-2014, 10:00 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,662,436 times
There's a liver function test that could show gall bladder problems.

If you have aching in your liver area when you eat fried foods, try stopping all fried foods. A great liver supplement is Milk Thistle and a brand that I have used is called Thistlin--it contains a high amount of the milk thistle extract. If you take milk thistle for a few months and stop the fatty foods, your liver will probably heal. If it IS your liver, you should also stop alcohol and eat more green vegetables and healthy fats. Some healthy fats are olive oil and avocado.

If it IS your liver, as your doctor said, it can regenerate and heal itself. It could be that your problem is not the meat itself but the fat in the meat, especially if it is fried. Once your liver is healed you should still mostly avoid fried foods and excessive alcohol because these put a strain on the liver.

Old 11-25-2014, 12:27 AM

65 posts, read 82,099 times
Well instead of assumptions, did he do a test to check your liver?
Just for safety you should have full blood work done and you probably have a fatty liver which can cause liver problems/failure if really bad.
You are going to have to change your diet and start eating more natural.
I know it's hard sometimes these fast food items can be addictive but that is what you need to do and in time things will get better.

Old 11-25-2014, 06:56 AM

Thanks, I was hoping I could heal it myself. What you said confirms what I was hoping too.

I don't drink alcohol and I started taking Milk Thistle again.
But even taking the milk thistle while still eating the meat (fat) it still hurts.

Wow I got all this cooking to do and I can't eat anything but green beans and corn and potatoes.
No oyster dressing, no turkey. I don't eat pork anyway.

We're in the middle of selling our house
getting rid of everything and moving out west,
and this big good bye Thanksgiving celebration with family and friends.

My Doctor up and retired with no warning
taking all my records of years of lab tests with much blood work done over the summer!

He misdiagnosed me as having a virus when it was my thyroid.

Since I been taking the Thyroid supplements I felt myself again.
But I didn't know what this stomach problem was that would come and go. Now it stays if I eat meat.
It hurts my side and back. I though it was Fibromyalgia again.

Well, maybe now I can finally eat for my own convictions and my family will have to cook their own meat!
I've always believed I should be eating differently and wanted too!
But all men in my family, who are hunters too.

Old 11-25-2014, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
There's a liver function test that could show gall bladder problems.

If you have aching in your liver area when you eat fried foods, try stopping all fried foods. A great liver supplement is Milk Thistle and a brand that I have used is called Thistlin--it contains a high amount of the milk thistle extract. If you take milk thistle for a few months and stop the fatty foods, your liver will probably heal. If it IS your liver, you should also stop alcohol and eat more green vegetables and healthy fats. Some healthy fats are olive oil and avocado.

If it IS your liver, as your doctor said, it can regenerate and heal itself. It could be that your problem is not the meat itself but the fat in the meat, especially if it is fried. Once your liver is healed you should still mostly avoid fried foods and excessive alcohol because these put a strain on the liver.

- I wish it was just fried foods.
I don't eat much fried foods.
Ate pot roast yesterday and started hurting after two days of not hurting eating no meat.

Old 11-25-2014, 09:42 AM

37,105 posts, read 41,238,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevelationWriter View Post
- I wish it was just fried foods.
I don't eat much fried foods.
Ate pot roast yesterday and started hurting after two days of not hurting eating no meat.
Your doctor must make your records available to you even though he retired. See if he had a web site. The location of the records may be described there. If he had partners, they probably have them.

Please see a new doctor and get a diagnosis. The most common thing that would cause the pain you are having is gallstones. An ultrasound of the gall bladder and sometimes a scan that tells whether the gall bladder is emptying properly can determine whether that is your problem. A stone that drops into the duct between the liver and the small intestine can make you really miserable. If your planned move is long distance, you might want to get it checked out before you leave rather than later.

Old 11-25-2014, 04:19 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,223,319 times
Suzy is right, more likely gall bladder than liver

Liver disease is almost never painful unless the capsule is stretched and that happens rarely and you would likely have had many other symptoms including jaundice before that happened.

Gall bladder disease which IS painful is also much more likely to be diet related, liver disease....not so much

Old 11-25-2014, 05:04 PM

- Rats, that may explains it then
because my test results last summer showed that I have 7 Gallstones.
When I eat meat I'm in pain and feel like I want to throw up.
No meat today and no pain.

I've been trying to locate my metical records even asking the hospital or if another Doctor can retrieve them.
And they say they can't. Silliest things I ever heard of.
I know a gal who had the same Doctor and she is having the same problem.

The office recording just says he's retired and no info.
The sign on the door says the same thing.
A lab next door said they knew the number of his nurse and would have her call me. And of course she did not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine