Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2015, 09:31 AM

273 posts, read 212,184 times

Advertisements

Water likes glucose. Where glucose is there will be water. If we think of the body as being created by a perfect creator (which I do), then we should think about this understanding. A theory I have based on my research of diabetes is that chronic dehydration causes insulin resistance. In other words, the body has to make a choice between the water and the glucose to function. So that even though the body gets enough insulin the insulin will not work because it wants to retain the water and the glucose helps to retain the water and therefore the insulin is rendered ineffective of letting it enter the cells.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2015, 02:59 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,567,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibsonplayer View Post
Water likes glucose. Where glucose is there will be water. If we think of the body as being created by a perfect creator (which I do), then we should think about this understanding. A theory I have based on my research of diabetes is that chronic dehydration causes insulin resistance. In other words, the body has to make a choice between the water and the glucose to function. So that even though the body gets enough insulin the insulin will not work because it wants to retain the water and the glucose helps to retain the water and therefore the insulin is rendered ineffective of letting it enter the cells.
That could be a contributing factor. I think it is a combination of several things but this could definitely be one of them. If it was simply dehydration then you would think more people would have diabetes. I think eating processed foods could also lead to further dehydration due to the salt content. Neglecting to eat enough vegetables/fruits also contribute to the lack of insulin production by leaving a person deficient in the necessary building tools.

Old 06-07-2015, 08:52 AM

Actually, I can see a relationship of water here but I have don't further research since I posted this and this seems to be more of an affect than a cause at this point.

I had a profound change in my response to my symptoms yesterday. I had been trying all kinds of things to tackle my diabetic neuropathy and what was amazing in how it worked yesterday was Chromium GTF. I took it and it subsided. I still got neuropathy if I had a bit of glucose but it was more subdued than usual. So I did a lot of research yesterday and today on this. So here is what I know - Chromium helps insulin regulation and transport of glucose across the cell membrane. Calcium is antagonist and anything that aids calcium is an antagonist - this means that vitamin D would be also. However, you need calcium for insulin production. Iodine plays a role in managing calcium and magnesium. So there is a balancing act going on. Now I had been on calcium/magnesium supplements with iodine for some time and I knew my chromium was low but had not been supplementing. So when I did I got a quick result I think because I had the iodine involved with calcium/magnesium.

So if we can ensure we got good calcium/magnesium balance along with appropriate amounts of chromium and manganese then we should be able to keep diabetes in check and reverse it. In fact getting to that point would be the reversal process in my opinion.

Now if someone has a fatty liver they are not going to get cured of diabetes because this would indicate that they are deficient in choline which is needed for manganese. Since both chromium and manganese increase sodium retention then this would cause us to no longer be dehydrated.

Old 06-07-2015, 08:56 AM

By the way, I took alpha lapoic acid for my neuropathy and had only a very mild relief. Chromium was profound against my neuropathy.

Old 06-07-2015, 02:19 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,567,162 times
Quote:
By the way, I took alpha lapoic acid for my neuropathy and had only a very mild relief. Chromium was profound against my neuropathy.
I've heard that Diatomaceous earth has a bunch of minerals naturally. Have you considered this? The only downside is that it also draws water so they recommend drinking heaps of water if you consume it.

"Silica is a mineral that is required for all life on earth, and diatomaceous earth is loaded with it. DE also contains other trace minerals such as calcium, magnesium, iron, potassium, sodium, titanium, boron, manganese, copper, and zirconium." Source

I didn't buy mine from this site (originally I bought it for ant control) so I don't know if theirs is good but the information on the site is interesting. I started a thread on it here.

In my research on it, I also found this site. It says "Diatomaceous earth is by far the perfect treatment for parasitic organisms in the body. Research has shown diatomaceous earth can assist those struggling with diabetes and with arterial disease, joint ache and could protect against or relieve Alzheimer’s disease by stopping the assimilation of aluminum. One more of the advantages of Silica is the fact that it helps to eradicate bad body fats. Diatomaceous Earth is Mother Nature’s solution without harming the natural environment, animals or people."

Old 06-07-2015, 07:59 PM

112 posts, read 112,635 times
Quote:
That's actually a pretty interesting theory. Have you looked into other alternative diabetes theories or are you just focused on the connection between water, glucose, and insulin? I found the whole brown fat thing to be VERY intriguing. There's also a bunch of natural "cures" for diabetes in the diabetes protocol but thats when you start entering grey territory. That's how I learned about the brown fat in the human body.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine