Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2015, 06:26 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,551,248 times

Advertisements

I am thinking of trying this but with natural supplements (I can't mention them because of the TOS) but has anyone completed it and did it cause weight loss and/or increased health?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2015, 06:48 PM

2,200 posts, read 2,338,610 times
I would like to do a water fast also. I've done one 7 day fast and felt really good. Would like to go longer also.
I don't know what supplements you're referring to. My last fast was water and occasionally fresh squeezed lemon added. I've read that you "shouldn't" add vitamins and supplements to a water fast except maybe chlorella or spirulina.

Maybe pm me the supplements so I can research them? If you want...

Old 07-31-2015, 07:43 PM

5,103 posts, read 8,637,010 times
I don't know how people can do fasts if they have any sort of job that requires a high degree of mental sharpness, plus they would be in the bathroom all the time!

I think it's better to eat properly at all times and devote an hour or so to the gym or a physical activity after work.

Maybe it's okay if you don't have a job, but if you didn't have a job, couldn't you spend more time biking, running, or exercising in some way?

Daily exercise and a good diet keeps the body working. There is no need for a "cleanse" with a decent diet, in my opinion.

Old 07-31-2015, 08:00 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,457,461 times
Only done a couple 5 day fasts...and some 3...sorry can't help you more...
and yes it feels GREAT!
21 days is very common when you have a health problem...usually with some
professional checking you..and, Oh My, what can come out of you after 21 days!

I don't do them for cleansing...but for the spiritual aspects....wowsa.

Old 07-31-2015, 11:38 PM

4,491 posts, read 4,999,994 times
I couldn't last 3 days on a water fast.
Worked 3rd shift and was in my 20's at the time.
the weakness, mental fog, and headaches turned me into a raging zombie *****,
. I caved on the 4th day morning.

Old 08-01-2015, 03:03 PM

Not sure if I will last the full 30 days but I've heard that the actual cleansing doesn't really start until after a few days. Thanks for all the info.

Old 08-01-2015, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winterbird View Post
I would like to do a water fast also. I've done one 7 day fast and felt really good. Would like to go longer also.
I don't know what supplements you're referring to. My last fast was water and occasionally fresh squeezed lemon added. I've read that you "shouldn't" add vitamins and supplements to a water fast except maybe chlorella or spirulina.

Maybe pm me the supplements so I can research them? If you want...
Hmmm. I guess I will go without the vitamins then. I was just concerned about whether it would be easier if I supplemented.

Old 08-02-2015, 06:56 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,426,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
I am thinking of trying this but with natural supplements (I can't mention them because of the TOS) but has anyone completed it and did it cause weight loss and/or increased health?
Water fast? you suspect water is the cause of your weight gain and you are now going to give up water for 30 days to lose weight?, i feel i'm missing something regarding why you would think this is a healthy course of action.

Old 08-02-2015, 10:15 AM

26,664 posts, read 28,786,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Water fast? you suspect water is the cause of your weight gain and you are now going to give up water for 30 days to lose weight?, i feel i'm missing something regarding why you would think this is a healthy course of action.
Maybe I'm taking it the wrong way but I didn't see the person asking for a method of losing weight. They didn't even ask for a means to gain good health.

Also, it doesn't sound as though they are giving up WATER. They are going to drink water but eat nothing.

So I have no idea of why anyone would do this. I've heard that a short fast can be healthy (but only if you are already fairly healthy.) I think the theory is that a short fast would give the body a rest from its ongoing processes associated with digestion. I've heard of fruit juice fasts too.

My doctor one time suggested I try a one day fast but take a vitamin and mineral supplement at the same time. I was in poor health, and getting absolutely no nourishment for 24 hours didn't sound like a good idea to my doctor. But I couldn't do it anyway, got too weak and hungry half way through.

Old 08-03-2015, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
It's fasting... Not sure why that is confusing. No food, just water.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine