Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2016, 12:16 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,731,407 times

Advertisements

I went thru 10 yrs of depression, clinical depression and FINALLY got my thyroid supported...started dealing with this in 1991 and finally in 2002 got my D.O. to put me on Armour, no labs nothing, he knew, it was thyroid.

I started on Pycnogenol in 1995 and the MAIN reason was we were told it MAY prevent cancer(s)....what it did right away was get rid of allergy/sinus issues.

So it depends on so much and each person and what they are and are not taking for supports.

Thyroid is so missed and mis treated as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2016, 12:22 PM

I know if I had pets, they would be getting this supplement. My neighbor's cat got an extra year after a cancer dx and giving him grape seed ex.

Ottawa Valley Dog Whisperer : Grape Seed Extract - Alternative Medicine for Dogs and Cats

Old 07-27-2016, 01:24 PM

4,255 posts, read 5,934,399 times
My experiment is over. I can hardly handle OPC's at all. Even 60mg of grape seed extract is causing insomnia. I'm going to keep taking 25mg. pycnogenol and hope it has some cumulative benefit, but that's it.

Old 07-27-2016, 01:31 PM

Interesting how different we can and can't handle stuff. Some days I take 600mg or more a day. Well do what you can do. Grape seed ex is said to increase energy.

Old 07-28-2016, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApartmentNomad View Post
My experiment is over. I can hardly handle OPC's at all. Even 60mg of grape seed extract is causing insomnia. I'm going to keep taking 25mg. pycnogenol and hope it has some cumulative benefit, but that's it.
Hi, I'm not dwelling on this but it's unusual FOR ME as I've been working with these OPC's so long. You don't by any chance take neurontin? Here is some info:

Could Grape seed extract cause Insomnia? - eHealthMe

I have a friend who had been taking neurontin for many years for neuropathy from statins and although she's pretty much off neurontin I believe and takes grape seed extract now for about 5 yrs, she has talked about her poor sleep. She does not take the sleep combo I take, not that many do but I've posted it here.

I read some reviews on 25mg Pycnogenol and there are some who can handle only 25mg and do good on this low dose.

Old 08-04-2016, 01:56 PM

Just a reminder and I'll bump this up from time to time since I believe so strongly that so many health issues could be avoided by taking OPC's....cataracts, glaucoma, gum health, allergies, diabetes reduction, cancers, and more and more. So few know about this "GEM".

As far as the sleep issue I can't comment on that as my sleep is good with help from sleep remedy friends.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 08-04-2016 at 02:37 PM..

Old 08-05-2016, 11:56 AM

26,656 posts, read 28,662,436 times
Bumping of posts is not allowed. When people are interested, they will do a search.

Old 08-05-2016, 09:02 PM

4,255 posts, read 5,934,399 times
No, I have never taken neurontin.

I don't know why you're so surprised by the insomnia issues. I've come across may people online who report the same thing.

I stopped even the 25mg of pycnogenol. I might resume it later when I am working a schedule that matches my natural tendencies better.

My blood pressure is already not as well controlled. I wish I could take these OPCs, but it seems that I can't.

Again, though, they made no improvement in my allergies or in my sensitivity to barometric pressure changes.

Old 08-06-2016, 12:30 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,821,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApartmentNomad View Post
No, I have never taken neurontin.

I don't know why you're so surprised by the insomnia issues. I've come across may people online who report the same thing.

I stopped even the 25mg of pycnogenol. I might resume it later when I am working a schedule that matches my natural tendencies better.

My blood pressure is already not as well controlled. I wish I could take these OPCs, but it seems that I can't.

Again, though, they made no improvement in my allergies or in my sensitivity to barometric pressure changes.

Grapeseed extract can raise your blood pressure.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-06-2016, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Grapeseed extract can raise your blood pressure.

Would you post your info on "it can raise blood pressure".

Some companies recommend 300mg for lowering blood pressure.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/47...lood-pressure/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine