Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2016, 02:22 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,769,355 times

Advertisements

I hear both baking soda does NOT elevate blood pressure and I read it does...Talk about confusion.

Drinking Baking Soda and Water - What are the benefits?

Read this briefly and didn't see comments on Blood Pressure, but read some of the comments at end of link and I know baking soda is used in cancer therapies.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...l-remedy.aspx#

Here is a link that talks about Baking Soda lowering blood pressure...

http://www.life-saving-naturalcures-...al-remedy.html

Talk about confusion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2016, 04:35 PM

Here is another research link:

Sodium bicarbonate and sodium chloride: effects on blood pressure and electrolyte homeostasis in normal and hypertensive man. - PubMed - NCBI

I'll be very aware but will continue with ACV and BS (but less in the drink) and go from there.

Old 06-10-2016, 11:05 PM

706 posts, read 758,716 times
I think it really does depend on what nutrients your body needs. You can buy potassium bicarbonate powder if you are already taking in enough sodium. If your blood pressure is high and you take in a lot of processed salt, you would do better with potassium bicarb. If not, you should be okay with sodium bicarb.

I would caution that if you already have low stomach acid, you should really think twice about ingesting such alkaline substances daily. I experimented with this last year and it wasn't good for me because I have had low stomach acid for a long time. I used a combination of both sodium and potassium bicarbonate powders and it really messed up my stomach. I definitely didn't need it to be more alkaline since our digestion depends on acids.

On the other hand, my mom has taken sodium bicarb in water almost every night for many years and she hasn't complained of the same digestive problems I incurred. So I really do think it depends on the body's terrain.

Old 06-10-2016, 11:24 PM

I'm doing the ACV and Baking Soda starting today. Doing this for arthritis inflammation.

Osteoarthritis and Baking Soda & ACV

That is why I posted this separate baking soda thread.

I'm taking 2T ACV and 1/4 tsp baking soda two times per day in 8 oz spring water.

Old 06-11-2016, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I'm doing the ACV and Baking Soda starting today. Doing this for arthritis inflammation.

Osteoarthritis and Baking Soda & ACV

That is why I posted this separate baking soda thread.

I'm taking 2T ACV and 1/4 tsp baking soda two times per day in 8 oz spring water.
Let us know if it affects your digestion at all, hon. It sounds interesting.

Old 06-15-2016, 06:27 AM

10,363 posts, read 20,805,729 times
I have thought about doing this, but I have low stomach acid already and concerned that it may lower further. OTOH, I've of so many benefits from doing this and last year I dated a fitness trainer who would make us up bottles of water with BS in them to keep us hydrated.

Old 06-15-2016, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
I have thought about doing this, but I have low stomach acid already and concerned that it may lower further. OTOH, I've of so many benefits from doing this and last year I dated a fitness trainer who would make us up bottles of water with BS in them to keep us hydrated.
I had a problem with the bicarb because of my low stomach acid. It's possible that the combo of bicarb with the ACV may even things out. I haven't tried it because I don't like to drink ACV.

Old 06-15-2016, 03:32 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,805,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedomdove View Post
I had a problem with the bicarb because of my low stomach acid. It's possible that the combo of bicarb with the ACV may even things out. I haven't tried it because I don't like to drink ACV.
Are you blood type A? I've read that people with that blood type have low stomach acid and should not eat meat. I'm going through a spell right now where I can't eat red meat at all b/c I can't digest it. Another 3 months and I'll be fine even if I eat a big ole juicy cheeseburger, but I can't right now.

Old 06-15-2016, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Are you blood type A? I've read that people with that blood type have low stomach acid and should not eat meat. I'm going through a spell right now where I can't eat red meat at all b/c I can't digest it. Another 3 months and I'll be fine even if I eat a big ole juicy cheeseburger, but I can't right now.
I don't think that's my blood type. I think it's B. For low stomach acid, I use capsules of HCL/betaine, and they work really well for heavy meals with meat. I was taking them at every meal in the beginning, even though most of them are meatless. I haven't needed to take many of them lately, so I think they really are correcting my acid levels to some extent. I can usually get by with just one Digest Gold enzyme now but I'll still take the betaine if the meat portion is big.

Old 10-22-2016, 06:59 AM

1 posts, read 1,371 times
Default I Think Baking soda is making my tumors bleed

Friends I am brand new to this and I need you help if you will kindly take a minute to help.
My name is Jeff, I have lung and bladder Cancer, they want to remove my bladder soon. I had an operation yesterday and they couldn't get all the tumor.

I am trying to fight as hard as I can. I am currently doing the following :
RSO, Rick Simpson Oil
B-17 laetrile
a host of supplement's
quit the bad diet, eating healthy as possible, drinking Green Machine smoothies by the quart.
and my problem Baking Soda.
I do Baking soda my tumors in my lungs start bleeding, I have tried and tried and
Every time I try this happens!

Honestly it scares the pants off of me.

Might you have any advice? Please?
Im not sure how this works this is my personal address

Removed email address. You may message him through the city data system.

Thank You and May God Bless
Jeff

Last edited by in_newengland; 10-23-2016 at 05:33 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine