Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 10:04 PM

6 posts, read 31,053 times

Advertisements

There is nothing to misinterpret, hydrogen peroxide is what causes gray hair:

"Your hair is simply building up too much hydrogen peroxide. Bottle-blondes may be a fan, but hydrogen peroxide, which is produced naturally in the human body, interferes with melanin, the pigment that colors our hair and skin."

Yes, hydrogen peroxide can be applied externally, but what do you think happens when you apply it internally? It would magnify the graying faster!

You can not downplay a scientific fact.

The fact is that anything that you ingest will have its side effects, knowing that hydrogen peroxide is a cause of gray hair, then you should also avoid tooth paste that contains hydrogen peroxide, and especially Chemical Colloidal Products.

In addition to that there are other chemicals that cause hair loss that are NOT hydrogen peroxide, such as hydroxides, chlorides and even nitrates.

Moral of the story avoid chemical as much as you can.

Old 08-29-2010, 11:35 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,223,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectmus View Post
There is nothing to misinterpret, hydrogen peroxide is what causes gray hair:

"Your hair is simply building up too much hydrogen peroxide. Bottle-blondes may be a fan, but hydrogen peroxide, which is produced naturally in the human body, interferes with melanin, the pigment that colors our hair and skin."

Yes, hydrogen peroxide can be applied externally, but what do you think happens when you apply it internally? It would magnify the graying faster!

You can not downplay a scientific fact.

The fact is that anything that you ingest will have its side effects, knowing that hydrogen peroxide is a cause of gray hair, then you should also avoid tooth paste that contains hydrogen peroxide, and especially Chemical Colloidal Products.

In addition to that there are other chemicals that cause hair loss that are NOT hydrogen peroxide, such as hydroxides, chlorides and even nitrates.

Moral of the story avoid chemical as much as you can.
You absolutely did misinterpret...

Cite the "scientific fact" that oral ingestion of H2O2 results in gray hair....there isn't any such data...

You can't just "assume" it to be the case and cite it as "fact"...science doesn't work that way

I think it is safe to assume toothpaste does NOT cause gray hair....

Human beings are nothing more than bags of chemicals by the way...avoidance of "chemicals" isn't practical or possible...

Old 09-02-2010, 07:05 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,087,707 times
Currently I am working with a 70+ year old gentleman who concocts his own collodial silver mixture (as well as a variety of other herbal and natural supplements). I had never heard of it before. Other than a broken bone from a fall, he is in very good health. He has taken it for decades; he bottles and sells it (cheap, too) to anyone who is interested. He recommends 25 per 100 mL. He swears it cures/prevents just about anything. I am suspicious of anything that is supposed to cure or prevent so many things. But, he attributes his health to it. Could be good genes too. Who knows?

Old 09-06-2010, 03:43 AM
ino

680 posts, read 2,499,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christina0001 View Post
Currently I am working with a 70+ year old gentleman who concocts his own collodial silver mixture (as well as a variety of other herbal and natural supplements). I had never heard of it before. Other than a broken bone from a fall, he is in very good health. He has taken it for decades; he bottles and sells it (cheap, too) to anyone who is interested. He recommends 25 per 100 mL. He swears it cures/prevents just about anything. I am suspicious of anything that is supposed to cure or prevent so many things. But, he attributes his health to it. Could be good genes too. Who knows?
And quite rightly so, it's not the cure all that is pushed by some, but it is pretty good stuff. While I *could* attribute my health to it I think it prudent to have a healthy regard for genes also, as you say..."Who knows?", as a smoker I'll have a better idea in another 10 years when I reach similar vintage.

You can tell him from me that I admire a man who has the capacity to form his own opinion on things whilst ignoring the nay sayers, and I guess when he says..."25 per 100ml"...he is referring to 100ml of a 25 ppm {part per million} solution?

Old 09-06-2010, 03:55 AM

5 posts, read 14,449 times
I used colloidal silver for about 2 years & it worked great.
Kept the colds away. I only used 5-8 drops at a time or would put a dropper or two into a gallon of orange juice. I have given to my children to ward off colds if someone with a cold has been around us.
So far no problems. Just have to use some common sense & take a break from it just like any other long term meds.

Old 10-03-2010, 08:06 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,871,115 times
Default colloidial silver

What are your thoughts on it? I'd love to hear from people who've used regularly. Maybe big pharma is bashing it and spreading disinformation to keep us lining the pockets of the medical establishment.

Old 10-03-2010, 08:31 PM

37,105 posts, read 41,238,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexianPatriot View Post
What are your thoughts on it? I'd love to hear from people who've used regularly. Maybe big pharma is bashing it and spreading disinformation to keep us lining the pockets of the medical establishment.
Before you take it, see here:
Colloidal silver: Is it safe or effective? - MayoClinic.com

If it did anything helpful, "big pharma" would want its cut of the action, don't you think?

Old 10-03-2010, 08:57 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,871,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Before you take it, see here:
Colloidal silver: Is it safe or effective? - MayoClinic.com

If it did anything helpful, "big pharma" would want its cut of the action, don't you think?
I've read the arguments for and against its use. I'm looking for people who've actually tried it and what they have to say about it.

Old 10-03-2010, 09:04 PM

37,105 posts, read 41,238,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexianPatriot View Post
I've read the arguments for and against its use. I'm looking for people who've actually tried it and what they have to say about it.

OK. Try here: Rosemary Jacob's argyria introduction page

Old 10-03-2010, 09:58 PM
ino

680 posts, read 2,499,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Besides that information being over 50 years old {ancient history}, she was given silver NITRATE in the form of nasal spray or drops, NOT Electrically Isolated Silver {commonly termed 'colloidal silver' but should be more accurately discribed as an 'Ionic silver solution' because those 'particles?' or 'colloids' are atomic clusters of silver ions}.

Additional to that, the silver content would have been in powdered form, this is NOT the same as what we produce by the electrolysis process in use today {read up on electrolysis, colloids and ions before quoting irrelevant and misleading information}.

By far, the majority of products on the market claiming to be colloidal silver products...are NOT colloidal silver products at all, they are Ionic Silver Solutions.

Anyone who quotes this case, OR that famous/infamous 'blue man' knows less than *nothing* about the subject and bashes it just for the sake of bashing it...Why?...who knows, and who particularly cares? because for those who DO know and understand the process, and has the knowledge to ignore the media propaganda...it matters not.

Edit: And it's not that pharma doesn't WANT a 'cut of the action', it's because anyone can make it for themselves for next to nothing...which 'cuts' pharma OUT of the action!

Last edited by ino; 10-03-2010 at 10:04 PM.. Reason: forgot something
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine