Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2017, 03:11 PM

3,121 posts, read 2,064,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I know. I was only noting that sulphur as a homeopathic remedy compares to sulphur used as an old fashioned home remedy. Sulphur as a homeopathic remedy is used for coughs and colds. Onions and garlic are high in sulphur. Onions and garlic are helpful for coughs and colds. Just thought that was interesting.
Because they can help if the sick person has a sulfur deficiency, which comes back to having a varied diet. Many of these old remedies originated because of nutritional deficiencies but they didn't know how or why they worked - or even that they were nutritionally deficient.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2017, 06:21 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,662,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySagacious View Post
Because they can help if the sick person has a sulfur deficiency, which comes back to having a varied diet. Many of these old remedies originated because of nutritional deficiencies but they didn't know how or why they worked - or even that they were nutritionally deficient.
Could be. Or maybe their illness just requires extra of something.

Old 11-27-2017, 08:05 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,731,407 times
Speaking of sulfur and deficiency:

Could You Have A Sulfur Deficiency? | Care2 Healthy Living

Old 11-28-2017, 04:26 PM

14,933 posts, read 12,130,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
This is kinda interesting, Walgreens is selling a lot of homeopathics on line and are not available in stores.

https://www.walgreens.com/q/homeopat...f+with+sulfur#!
I noticed that the last time I was in Walgreen's. Imagine that, "Big Pharma" peddling alternative remedies. There must be lots of money in those.

Old 11-29-2017, 10:38 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,452,168 times
Quote:
https://www.hri-research.org/resourc...oss-the-world/

Surprise look who comes in last place.
Interesting findings. I'm not surprised at all. It is such a shame that when Rockefeller $$ began being poured into allopathic medicine that the widespread use of Homeopathy in hundreds of homeopathic hospitals in America were shut down. But evidently and surprisingly, it wasn't intended! Look at what I found in reading the history of Homeopathy about Rockefeller. He actually wanted to back homeopathic institutions and his financial advisor steered his money into allopathy instead!

"....Perhaps history could have been changed if John D. Rockefeller, a strong advocate of homeopathy, gave the major grants he intended to homeopathic institutions. He had instructed his financial advisor, Frederick Gates, to do so. Since Gates was totally enamored with orthodox medicine, he never complied with Rockefeller’s orders. (65) This loss of potential funding was tragic, since Rockefeller gave away between $300-$400 million in the early 1900s, most of which went to orthodox medical institutions. (66)..."

https://homeopathic.com/a-condensed-...of-homeopathy/

I have used classical homeopathic remedies and have seen them bring about remarkable physical changes in under and hour. I rescued a cat with incontinent green diarrhea and a prolapsed rectum and a single dose of Arsenicum Album pulled his rectum back inside his body in 25 minutes. I almost couldn't believe my eyes. After having been sick with diarrhea for many months in 4 days he had a normal hard stool which lasted for 18 months until he became constipated. I gave him a different remedy for that (Nux Vomica) which instantly relieved the constipation but quickly brought back the prolapsed rectum and diarrhea! So I went back to the Ars. Alb and in a week, the prolapse was gone and his stools were formed.

So I have seen both sides. It can seem magical in its ability to "heal". Yet it can bring back problems and temporarily make problems worse if the remedy causes an aggravation to occur. The accepted knowledge about aggravations is that there is "always an improvement" when the aggravation is over. THIS IS FALSE. Sometimes what happens after an aggravation is the person or animal only returns to his prior state of ill health when he took the remedy. I have witnessed this also and felt terrible watching my poor cat be made even more sick and have even worse vomiting, while I waited for this "improvement" to take place and it never came.

So if you use Homeopathy, especially if you have been sick for a long time, like my cat had been, you should know how to antidote it in case you experience an aggravation you don't want to tough out.

Personally, I think whole herbs grown in Nature are most effective in that they are recognizable by the body and what isn't used to clean and rebuild can be eliminated - unlike drugs which stimulate but also enervate and are just stored as toxic matter in the body.

Old 11-29-2017, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Interesting findings. I'm not surprised at all. It is such a shame that when Rockefeller $$ began being poured into allopathic medicine that the widespread use of Homeopathy in hundreds of homeopathic hospitals in America were shut down. But evidently and surprisingly, it wasn't intended! Look at what I found in reading the history of Homeopathy about Rockefeller. He actually wanted to back homeopathic institutions and his financial advisor steered his money into allopathy instead!

"....Perhaps history could have been changed if John D. Rockefeller, a strong advocate of homeopathy, gave the major grants he intended to homeopathic institutions. He had instructed his financial advisor, Frederick Gates, to do so. Since Gates was totally enamored with orthodox medicine, he never complied with Rockefeller’s orders. (65) This loss of potential funding was tragic, since Rockefeller gave away between $300-$400 million in the early 1900s, most of which went to orthodox medical institutions. (66)..."

https://homeopathic.com/a-condensed-...of-homeopathy/

I have used classical homeopathic remedies and have seen them bring about remarkable physical changes in under and hour. I rescued a cat with incontinent green diarrhea and a prolapsed rectum and a single dose of Arsenicum Album pulled his rectum back inside his body in 25 minutes. I almost couldn't believe my eyes. After having been sick with diarrhea for many months in 4 days he had a normal hard stool which lasted for 18 months until he became constipated. I gave him a different remedy for that (Nux Vomica) which instantly relieved the constipation but quickly brought back the prolapsed rectum and diarrhea! So I went back to the Ars. Alb and in a week, the prolapse was gone and his stools were formed.

So I have seen both sides. It can seem magical in its ability to "heal". Yet it can bring back problems and temporarily make problems worse if the remedy causes an aggravation to occur. The accepted knowledge about aggravations is that there is "always an improvement" when the aggravation is over. THIS IS FALSE. Sometimes what happens after an aggravation is the person or animal only returns to his prior state of ill health when he took the remedy. I have witnessed this also and felt terrible watching my poor cat be made even more sick and have even worse vomiting, while I waited for this "improvement" to take place and it never came.

So if you use Homeopathy, especially if you have been sick for a long time, like my cat had been, you should know how to antidote it in case you experience an aggravation you don't want to tough out.

Personally, I think whole herbs grown in Nature are most effective in that they are recognizable by the body and what isn't used to clean and rebuild can be eliminated - unlike drugs which stimulate but also enervate and are just stored as toxic matter in the body.
Thanks for this history Lesson, so much suppression. MOST don't know and I didn't know the Rockerfeller
connection, but not surprised. This has gone on with another issue I'm involved in with Mellon money.

Old 11-29-2017, 11:04 AM

I use Calms Forte every night for my sleep and now believe too it helps with joint pain I live with re: arthritis. Here is a good overview on what is in Calms and what each solution does:

https://www.consumerhealthdigest.com...lms-forte.html

Old 11-29-2017, 12:40 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,452,168 times
Quote:
I use Calms Forte every night for my sleep and now believe too it helps with joint pain I live with re: arthritis. Here is a good overview on what is in Calms and what each solution does:

https://www.consumerhealthdigest.com...lms-forte.html
I have Calmes Forte in my collection of Homeopathics. A lot of what drug stores in America sells are the combination remedies. The professional homeopaths tend to use the single remedies which is what I have been doing.

Also another thing to keep in mind regarding taking homeopathic remedies unlike drugs or herbs is that with a homeopathic remedy you don't and in some cases should NOT follow the directions on the bottle regarding dosing.

With Homeopathy you generally should just take a single dose (and it doesn't even have to be a full dose) and then WAIT and WATCH for changes in symptoms. If you see positive changes do NOT take another dose until the improvements end and negative symptoms begin to reappear. Then take a second dose.

If nothing happens after taking the first dose, after the first several hours or first day or two depending on the potency and the severity of the illness, you can try another dose. But after that if there is no change, do NOT take a third dose. Try a different remedy. ABCHomeopathy.com has a questionnaire you can fill out which can help you choose the right remedy for you.

Old 11-29-2017, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
I have Calmes Forte in my collection of Homeopathics. A lot of what drug stores in America sells are the combination remedies. The professional homeopaths tend to use the single remedies which is what I have been doing.

Also another thing to keep in mind regarding taking homeopathic remedies unlike drugs or herbs is that with a homeopathic remedy you don't and in some cases should NOT follow the directions on the bottle regarding dosing.

With Homeopathy you generally should just take a single dose (and it doesn't even have to be a full dose) and then WAIT and WATCH for changes in symptoms. If you see positive changes do NOT take another dose until the improvements end and negative symptoms begin to reappear. Then take a second dose.

If nothing happens after taking the first dose, after the first several hours or first day or two depending on the potency and the severity of the illness, you can try another dose. But after that if there is no change, do NOT take a third dose. Try a different remedy. ABCHomeopathy.com has a questionnaire you can fill out which can help you choose the right remedy for you.
I was on the ABC site for some time when I thought I'd go with all homeopathics and talking to homeopathic doctors but just found the doctors pricey and the remedies can be limiting BUT those on the forum just couldn't believe how Americans took so many pharma drugs. I've gotten pretty far with what I do and I've tried single remedies but didn't find help I was looking for. I use herbals, homeopathics and a couple meds which I worked hard not to get on. But, I'm OK with what I do.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 11-29-2017 at 01:55 PM..

Old 11-30-2017, 04:18 PM

emilybh: You mentioned something in your comments NOT to get standardized herbs and I guess I never knew what that means...I have bought some standardized grape seed ex but will buy non from here on out, I like Olympian Labs and it appears to be non standardized. Thanks for the tip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine