Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2018, 12:07 PM

1,886 posts, read 1,838,335 times

Advertisements

Jamin,
How much GSE do you take a day? I have been taking it and I think it really has helped me but as I type this, I can't remember the dosage I take. Just curious on what you do
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2018, 12:25 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,733,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyRoos View Post
Jamin,
How much GSE do you take a day? I have been taking it and I think it really has helped me but as I type this, I can't remember the dosage I take. Just curious on what you do
Hi, I take 200mg two times daily, one in early am and one later in day closer to bed. It's never kept me awake but maybe best to take 2nd dose about 5PM or so. Gotta learn to work with it for your body and watch for subtle and sometimes stunning changes, like allergy issues improving.

Thinner people can take less, I'm not thin but know this antioxidant and still learning more new info. j

One has to have faith, and so many don't choose that in food based "meds". So much info out there in the universe.

Old 07-10-2018, 12:30 PM

1,886 posts, read 1,838,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Hi, I take 200mg two times daily, one in early am and one later in day closer to bed. It's never kept me awake but maybe best to take 2nd dose about 5PM or so. Gotta learn to work with it for your body and watch for subtle and sometimes stunning changes, like allergy issues improving.

Thinner people can take less, I'm not thin but know this antioxidant and still learning more new info. j

One has to have faith, and so many don't choose that in food based "meds". So much info out there in the universe.

Ok, good to know Jamin
I'll have to check and see how much I have been taking. LOLOL
I know it can't hurt and I love the idea of preventing as much bad stuff in our bodies as possible

Thanks for all of your tips

Old 07-17-2018, 05:49 AM

12,767 posts, read 14,970,303 times
I posted in here already, but Andrew Lessman who sells good quality supplements on HSN sells this 1 capsule supplement that contains 100mg EACH of:

resveratrol
green tea extract
grape seed extract
pomegranate extract

That's what I take along w/ black seed oil occasionally & about 12-15 other supplements. I don't really feel any difference, but I assume they're all doing me some good!

Old 07-17-2018, 07:05 AM

3,122 posts, read 2,065,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyRoos View Post
Ok, good to know Jamin
I'll have to check and see how much I have been taking. LOLOL
I know it can't hurt and I love the idea of preventing as much bad stuff in our bodies as possible

Actually it could but the OP never mentions the possible side effects, drug interactions (even with other supplements) and warnings, about GSE or any other supplement.

Grape Seed Extract Side Effects, Drug Interactions and Warnings (Not all possible interactions are listed in this product guide)
https://www.drugs.com/mtm/grape-seed.html

Old 07-17-2018, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
I posted in here already, but Andrew Lessman who sells good quality supplements on HSN sells this 1 capsule supplement that contains 100mg EACH of:

resveratrol
green tea extract
grape seed extract
pomegranate extract

That's what I take along w/ black seed oil occasionally & about 12-15 other supplements. I don't really feel any difference, but I assume they're all doing me some good!
So you are getting 400mg in one capsule. Are you taking 1 per day? How long you been doing this?

I don't know that I feel different but I've been taking mine so long, I don't know how I'd feel if I didn't take it and I'm not going to chance it. I know I get comments from people who know and don't know that "no way are you almost 80".... I even took it in the hospital/rehabs for the 4.5 months. I had friends/family bring me my important supps while I was in them.

And IF I'm preventing cancers from taking off, I'm doing great.

One thing you could do to test yourself, go off for a while and that MAYBE could tell you something.

Old 07-17-2018, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySagacious View Post
Actually it could but the OP never mentions the possible side effects, drug interactions (even with other supplements) and warnings, about GSE or any other supplement.

Grape Seed Extract Side Effects, Drug Interactions and Warnings (Not all possible interactions are listed in this product guide)
https://www.drugs.com/mtm/grape-seed.html
She never mentions any as she doesn't get any, never has. 23 yrs, no side effects...and I get only good effects as I know myself and my body.

Good Results:

No allergy/sinus issues
No headaches
No hearing issues, no ringing
No cataracts, good vision
No wrinkles for this almost 80 yo face
Good tight healthy gums

And what is going on inside my body, I cannot see.

Now, if only the grape had pain relief properties, then I'd even be happier, much so.

I've posted a disclaimer about taking it while taking a pharma blood thinner, can't take both so they tell us.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 07-17-2018 at 05:07 PM..

Old 07-18-2018, 06:53 AM

Quote:
She never mentions any as she doesn't get any, never has. 23 yrs, no side effects...
Do you think that means no one else will? You don't know what drugs others may be taking or their medical histories. Disclosing that information so that others won't be misled to think it can't hurt seems like the responsible thing to do.

Frankly, I'm skeptical that you would know if you were causing adverse effects. I remember your blood presssure thread in which you were complaining that you couldn't get your pressure down despite taking one drug and 2 supps to lower it. At least one of the supps you were taking is known to counteract the drug you were on, so you were very likely contributing to your problem because either you hadn't researched it or you ignored it.

Old 07-18-2018, 07:11 AM

Quote:

I've posted a disclaimer about taking it while taking a pharma blood thinner, can't take both so they tell us.
Maybe your browser is preventing you from seeing the entire page.

Quote:
What other drugs will affect grape seed?

Do not take grape seed without medical advice if you are using any of the following medications:

riluzole, clopidogrel (Plavix), cyclobenzaprine, estradiol, flutamide, naproxen, ondansetron, ropinirole, tacrine, warfarin (Coumadin, Jantoven);

certain antidepressants--amitriptyline, clomipramine, desipramine, fluvoxamine (Luvox), imipramine, nortriptyline;

certain asthma medicines--theophylline zileuton;

certain heart or blood pressure medicines--mexiletine, propafenone, propranolol, verapamil; or

certain medicines to treat anxiety or mental illness--chlordiazepoxide, clozapine, diazepam (Valium), haloperidol, mirtazapine, olanzapine.

This list is not complete. Other drugs may interact with grape seed, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products. Not all possible interactions are listed in this product guide.

Old 07-18-2018, 09:45 AM

268 posts, read 226,997 times
Quote:
foodsthatfightcancer_grapes_and_grape_juice | American Institute for Cancer Research (AICR)

Just do a search on grape and cancers

And many links come up.

So many non believers and naysayers around here, it's truly amazing. So many tightly closed minds...
I looked at the list and there are other foods listed there. These are all common food items most of us eat unless we're on a really bad junk food diet. With the exception of soy and flaxseed I live on those foods yet developed cancer and it keeps coming back. I also take supplements to make sure I suffer no deficiencies. I get as much exercise as possible with my arthritic hips.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine