Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2018, 11:23 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,731,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dells View Post
Grapes are one of the best cleansers of the body.

Grape Fast starts at 6:00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YwRAU20t-o
Thanks for this on Robert Morse...I started to view it and need to go to bed. I'll view it as I can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2018, 07:01 PM

268 posts, read 226,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dells View Post
It really is best to not juice fruit as it contains fiber which slows the absorption of the fructose.

Eat the fruit and juice the vegetables.
I don't juice anything. I eat plenty of fruit and vegetables but like to chew my food. I don't care for anything juiced.

Old 08-16-2018, 11:02 PM

3,179 posts, read 2,126,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
There has to be evidence that "more options that were less toxic" cured the disease. Everyone, including research scientists and pediatricians and parents and patients, would love to have them. They do not exist. That does not mean there is no research being done to find them. For example there is now a test which can tell which women with early stage breast cancer can skip chemo.

It is not true that they only keep stats for five years. Five years is a milestone because most recurrences happen before then. The leukemia my son had is not the only malignancy with ten-year figures.

Breast cancer:

https://www.cancer.net/cancer-types/...tatistics/2015

"The average 5-year survival rate for people with breast cancer is 90%. The average 10-year survival rate is 83%."

Survival for solid tumors is highly dependent on the extent of disease at diagnosis, with early, localized disease having longer survival times.

Here is an article about one stage of colon cancer. It gives 10-year survival rates:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20808311

If a patient develops cancer again, it may be a recurrence of the original cancer or an entirely different cell type. My MIL has had both breast cancer and melanoma, for example.

The reason docs in Houston hate Burzynski is because they have to clean up his messes. His treatment is not non-toxic and has included serious neurological complications. If the man was doing what he claims, he would have no problem getting his results published. As best I can tell, he has published nothing, and I can hardly envision him being able to do a phase 3 trial with no results for phase 1, much less phase 2. He would also have to do each of those for every type of cancer and a specified stage. You cannot just lump them all together. He is charging people obscene amounts of money with no evidence that his treatment works for anything.

We know nothing about the people who give testimonials. We do not know if they even had cancer or not.

The author of the Respectful Insolence articles is a cancer surgeon. He has to treat alt med failures who might have had better outcomes if they had not gone the alt med route.

Requiring that a treatment that you might choose has some evidence to support its use is the only wise approach.
I’m wondering if you have a lot of stock in pharma? My point is that everyone who is not part of this select club of Dr’s and research scientists is frozen out of trying to develop any type of alternative cures. The Alt med Dr who dares to step out of the good ole boys club will be pounded mercilessly. It’s only the Allopathic Dr’s who are allowed to find a cure and if they can’t find one, it dosen’t exist.

I did some checking on your early breast cancer detection that allowed you to skip chemo. It does, but surgery followed by radiation is the recommendation. You may choose hormone therapy after this if you would like. Not much difference from decades past.

Yes, there are a few stats for longer survival rates, but with Dr’s sending patients on their way after toxic chemo, cutting and radiation and no advise on a proper diet or supplements to take, I bet the recurring cancer stats aren’t so good in many cases. In my vitamin store in Scottsdale, I heard that many women take matters into their own hands and go to a naturopath after cancer treatments to help build up their immune systems. After that, they come in the store to buy the recommended supplements. Allopathic Dr’s don’t recommend that, of course.

I don’t believe for a second that everyone who has showed up to testify for Dr Burzynski is a fraud. If it were a team of Dr’s they would all given a free pass according to you. I don’t share your belief that every word a Dr speaks is the absolute truth. There is something called conditioning that people are taught about medicine. Commercials, TV shows, marches for the cure and so on,but I tend to treat people in the medical field with a healthy dose of skepticism. There are frauds, narcissistic personalities and bad people in the field just like every other field. The medical industry is very profit driven and there is no harm in giving Alt medicine a closer look. More choices to treat disease appeals, at least it does to me.

I agree with you, there were some things I read about Dr Burzynski that made me question him, but there are a lot of good things about him online. You seem to base the Houston Dr’s hate towards him as not being able to save the dying patients. I’m betting the medical community also resents him stepping into their turf and taking away patients/money. Obviously, he has done good with some patients, it’s just difficult to figure out how many. I’m not about to call all those people who testified for him liars.

There are probably some brilliant Dr’s out there who are bad at keeping records and publishing their peer reviewed studies. BTW, I’ve read plenty of University protocols over the years and they are not at all impressive. The Respectful Insolence cancer surgeon is egotistical and seems very narrow in his thinking.

Old 08-17-2018, 08:42 PM

268 posts, read 226,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz22 View Post
I’m wondering if you have a lot of stock in pharma? My point is that everyone who is not part of this select club of Dr’s and research scientists is frozen out of trying to develop any type of alternative cures. The Alt med Dr who dares to step out of the good ole boys club will be pounded mercilessly. It’s only the Allopathic Dr’s who are allowed to find a cure and if they can’t find one, it dosen’t exist.
They are not frozen out. It was research done on plants years ago that brought us the cancer treatment Taxol, made from the yew tree. Synthesized these days because of necessity. I'm sure you know that already. No one cares who finds something that makes a difference, or finds a cure because no one wants to die including researchers, nurses, Drs, lab techs, veterinarians, those who have stock in BigPharm and BigAlt like Burzynski who charges many thousands for his unproven treatments. If the sites you are reading claim these people would rather suffer and die and watch loved ones suffer and die so other can make more and more money you are on the wrong sites. Again, no one wants to die so no one freezes out honest researchers showing progress.

Quote:
Yes, there are a few stats for longer survival rates, but with Dr’s sending patients on their way after toxic chemo, cutting and radiation and no advise on a proper diet or supplements to take, I bet the recurring cancer stats aren’t so good in many cases. In my vitamin store in Scottsdale, I heard that many women take matters into their own hands and go to a naturopath after cancer treatments to help build up their immune systems. After that, they come in the store to buy the recommended supplements. Allopathic Dr’s don’t recommend that, of course.
Of course they do. Several of my Drs over the years recommended supplements. BTW, most cancer hides from the immune system. So no matter how good your immune system is it will not make a difference.

Quote:
I don’t believe for a second that everyone who has showed up to testify for Dr Burzynski is a fraud. The medical industry is very profit driven and there is no harm in giving Alt medicine a closer look. More choices to treat disease appeals, at least it does to me.
We can't know who is or who isn't. And we don't know what protocols he used since his record keeping is abysmal. We don't know what happened several years later, how many of those cancers returned? How many will return? How many of his patients have already died? These are important questions that need to be answered but you aren't asking them.

Quote:
I agree with you, there were some things I read about Dr Burzynski that made me question him, but there are a lot of good things about him online. You seem to base the Houston Dr’s hate towards him as not being able to save the dying patients. I’m betting the medical community also resents him stepping into their turf and taking away patients/money.
He's not taking money away from them because they draw a salary and new cancer patients are going to them every day. There is no lack of patients. That is a fallacy that Alt Drs like Burzynski who charges many thousands for his unproven treatments costs them money.

Quote:
Obviously, he has done good with some patients, it’s just difficult to figure out how many. I’m not about to call all those people who testified for him liars.
It should not be difficult as you claim. All Drs keep records of the the patients they treat who die. These people may or may not be liars. And they may not be cured either since cancer can return weeks or months or years later.

Old 08-17-2018, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatesKat View Post
They are not frozen out. It was research done on plants years ago that brought us the cancer treatment Taxol, made from the yew tree. Synthesized these days because of necessity. I'm sure you know that already. No one cares who finds something that makes a difference, or finds a cure because no one wants to die including researchers, nurses, Drs, lab techs, veterinarians, those who have stock in BigPharm and BigAlt like Burzynski who charges many thousands for his unproven treatments. If the sites you are reading claim these people would rather suffer and die and watch loved ones suffer and die so other can make more and more money you are on the wrong sites. Again, no one wants to die so no one freezes out honest researchers showing progress.

Of course they do. Several of my Drs over the years recommended supplements. BTW, most cancer hides from the immune system. So no matter how good your immune system is it will not make a difference.

We can't know who is or who isn't. And we don't know what protocols he used since his record keeping is abysmal. We don't know what happened several years later, how many of those cancers returned? How many will return? How many of his patients have already died? These are important questions that need to be answered but you aren't asking them.

He's not taking money away from them because they draw a salary and new cancer patients are going to them every day. There is no lack of patients. That is a fallacy that Alt Drs like Burzynski who charges many thousands for his unproven treatments costs them money.

It should not be difficult as you claim. All Drs keep records of the the patients they treat who die. These people may or may not be liars. And they may not be cured either since cancer can return weeks or months or years later.
I know about Taxol, but if someone managed to figure a way to utilize the plant itself to treat cancer, and didn’t turn the patents over to Big Pharma, you’d be able to hear the screaming from miles away. You keep keep saying that no one wants to die, but we’ll address that later.

The women who went to naturopathic practitioners to build their immune systems, was because a compromised immune system left them open to getting a number of illnesses. A Dr will tell a patient to drink a glass of juice or take a B vitamin but a naturopath can take it a lot further and benefit someone who really needs to get healthy after being cut/burned/poisoned. Taking good care of your health can go a long way in preventing disease, but what Allopathic Dr practices prevention?

It was a process in trying to find out more records on Dr Burzynski, but same thing applies for finding malpractice suits against Allopathic Dr’s or long term cancer survival rates. The reason is there is a ton of information and going through it all takes a lot of time.

You are right, new cancer patients are coming in every day and the future for new patients is looking good. This is the reason new cures won’t be forthcoming anytime soon. This industry is growing and employees untold numbers of people from Dr’s and scientists to janitors. Washington is also in on the money with public and private funding. Things are fine just the way they are. Ever heard the term “follow the money”?

I just don’t understand insulting these people who spoke on Dr Burzynski’s behalf.This is a free country and they have the right to have their voices heard. Some lost or almost lost their children. Calling them liars and trying to discredit or shut them up because they disagree with conventional medicine is bordering on fascism.

Old 08-17-2018, 11:17 PM

102,193 posts, read 107,809,412 times
Quote:
I remember when living in Houston, there was a tremendous backlash against Dr Burzynski. The medical community wanted to ride him out of town on a rail. And it was proven that he was having success using alternative treatments to fight cancer. This Dr had a lot of support on radio shows and from locals. But the medical community had him in their crosshairs. He had dared to encroach on their turf and actually cured people. That kind of thing dosen’t fly.
What kind of a DR. was he? An MD? If so, why would the "medical community" (which, if he were an MD, he'd have been part of, by virtue of his medical degree) have him in their crosshairs?

Old 08-17-2018, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
What kind of a DR. was he? An MD? If so, why would the "medical community" (which, if he were an MD, he'd have been part of, by virtue of his medical degree) have him in their crosshairs?
He is an MD doing clinical trials to try and cure patients by going outside the conventional chemo, operation and radiation route. He has some success in doing this but it’s not clear how much. A large number of people have spoken out on his behalf and he has aroused the ire of local Dr’s. This has been going on since the eighties.

The medical community is generally narrow and they do things the way they’ve always been done. Everything is by the book, published papers and graphs. Someone like Dr Burzynski is way out there.

Old 08-17-2018, 11:54 PM

37,105 posts, read 41,233,915 times
Quote:
He is an MD doing clinical trials to try and cure patients by going outside the conventional chemo, operation and radiation route. He has some success in doing this but it’s not clear how much. A large number of people have spoken out on his behalf and he has aroused the ire of local Dr’s. This has been going on since the eighties.

The medical community is generally narrow and they do things the way they’ve always been done. Everything is by the book, published papers and graphs. Someone like Dr Burzynski is way out there.
He has "aroused the ire of local Dr’s" because they are watching people die while he claims to have cured them.

If Burzynski is curing people he needs to provide the evidence.

Of the "large number of people [who] have spoken out on his behalf" we do not know how many even had cancer to begin with. If they did not have at least a surgical biopsy it is entirely possible that they did not. Not every breast lump is cancer, for example.

The medical community does not "do things the way they’ve always been done." There is ongoing research to find better ways to do it - and those "published papers and graphs" show whether it works - or not. If Burzynski's treatment worked, you bet he would publish his results. His refusal to do so should tell you that he cannot provide any evidence that what he is selling cures cancers.

Old 08-18-2018, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
He has "aroused the ire of local Dr’s" because they are watching people die while he claims to have cured them.

If Burzynski is curing people he needs to provide the evidence.

Of the "large number of people [who] have spoken out on his behalf" we do not know how many even had cancer to begin with. If they did not have at least a surgical biopsy it is entirely possible that they did not. Not every breast lump is cancer, for example.

The medical community does not "do things the way they’ve always been done." There is ongoing research to find better ways to do it - and those "published papers and graphs" show whether it works - or not. If Burzynski's treatment worked, you bet he would publish his results. His refusal to do so should tell you that he cannot provide any evidence that what he is selling cures cancers.
As opposed to what? Dr Burzynski watching the patients of Allopathic Dr’s die? There are thousands of people who lose their lives each year because of Big Pharma or medical mistakes. I don’t think losing patients is unique to Alt medicine.

I agree, he needs to provide more written evidence but the patients who spoke out for him did so because he helped them or a family member. Many of these people were diagnosed and treated by the medical community, and when told to go home and die, they turned to Dr Burzynski for help. This story is repeated again and again in their testimony. The Police Seargent who lost one of his twin daughters clearly states that his daughter was treated by conventional chemo/radiation and sent home by the medical community to die after the cancer spread. She was then treated by Dr Berzynski and although she died, the autopsy showed she was cancer free. Are we supposed to call this father a liar?

The medical community does not easily change. Medical school teaches conformity. Just because a Dr can publish a paper, does not mean that he or she is not incompetent, narcissistic or should have been a waiter. I agree that finding information online on Dr Burzynski or long term cancer survival stats should not be so difficult. As far as ongoing research, cut/burn/poison will be around for a long time.

Old 08-18-2018, 10:57 AM

1,658 posts, read 2,693,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Hi, I take 200mg two times daily, one in early am and one later in day closer to bed. It's never kept me awake but maybe best to take 2nd dose about 5PM or so. Gotta learn to work with it for your body and watch for subtle and sometimes stunning changes, like allergy issues improving...
When I developed skin cancer my doctor explained that, once my body allowed this to happen, it would probably happen again. I looked into GSE supplements, but could not find any that were made from Vitis rotundifolia, the Muscadine grape.

https://www.livestrong.com/article/4...seed-benefits/

https://www.cancerdefeated.com/grape...the-best/2595/

"Unlike most grapes that have 19 pairs of chromosomes, muscadines actually have an extra pair of chromosomes, for a total of 20. The genetic difference helps muscadines survive in climates that would kill most grapes of European origin. But what it also does is give the skin and seeds of muscadine grapes MORE nutrients and antioxidants than any other grape! This bounty includes:

Procyanidins—a type of flavonoid with antioxidant levels 20 to 40 times higher than those found in Vitamins C and E!
Quercetin—a flavonoid that helps boost your immune system and support healthy bone development
Resveratrol—a powerful antioxidant that promotes hearth health, helps decrease inflammation and provides cancer protection
But the real secret weapon may be this…
Muscadines also happen to be the only grape with another cancer fighting nutrient called ellagic acid..."

Also, based on the study's conclusion (below), I would not know the proper, safe amount to use.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4988453/

Conclusion
Grape seed oil is a by-product of winemaking industry, with good benefits to human health. Numerous in vitro and in vivo evidences suggest cardioprotective and anticancer effects of grape seed oil. However, the amounts of lipophilic and hydrophilic grape seed oil constituents with cardioprotective, anti-inflammatory, and anticancer activities are small, requiring the consumption of a large amount of oil for beneficial effects to be achieved. With respect to clinical studies, most studies have an observational design and involve small sample sizes, and thus, caution must be exercised in the interpretation of the results. Further studies are needed on the beneficial effects of grape seed oil on human health and its use as an adjuvant agent in the prevention and treatment of chronicle diseases.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine