Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2018, 11:10 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,733,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
When I developed skin cancer my doctor explained that, once my body allowed this to happen, it would probably happen again. I looked into GSE supplements, but could not find any that were made from Vitis rotundifolia, the Muscadine grape.

https://www.livestrong.com/article/4...seed-benefits/

https://www.cancerdefeated.com/grape...the-best/2595/

"Unlike most grapes that have 19 pairs of chromosomes, muscadines actually have an extra pair of chromosomes, for a total of 20. The genetic difference helps muscadines survive in climates that would kill most grapes of European origin. But what it also does is give the skin and seeds of muscadine grapes MORE nutrients and antioxidants than any other grape! This bounty includes:

Procyanidins—a type of flavonoid with antioxidant levels 20 to 40 times higher than those found in Vitamins C and E!
Quercetin—a flavonoid that helps boost your immune system and support healthy bone development
Resveratrol—a powerful antioxidant that promotes hearth health, helps decrease inflammation and provides cancer protection
But the real secret weapon may be this…
Muscadines also happen to be the only grape with another cancer fighting nutrient called ellagic acid..."

Also, based on the study's conclusion (below), I would not know the proper, safe amount to use.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4988453/

Conclusion
Grape seed oil is a by-product of winemaking industry, with good benefits to human health. Numerous in vitro and in vivo evidences suggest cardioprotective and anticancer effects of grape seed oil. However, the amounts of lipophilic and hydrophilic grape seed oil constituents with cardioprotective, anti-inflammatory, and anticancer activities are small, requiring the consumption of a large amount of oil for beneficial effects to be achieved. With respect to clinical studies, most studies have an observational design and involve small sample sizes, and thus, caution must be exercised in the interpretation of the results. Further studies are needed on the beneficial effects of grape seed oil on human health and its use as an adjuvant agent in the prevention and treatment of chronicle diseases.
Vitacost sells a Muscadine Grape 500mg cap. I do take it with my other one I use too. I would think one can find Muscadine on amazon too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2018, 11:16 AM

1,658 posts, read 2,693,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Vitacost sells a Muscadine Grape 500mg cap. I do take it with my other one I use too. I would think one can find Muscadine on amazon too.
Yes, that is seed, not GSE.

Old 08-18-2018, 11:55 AM

37,105 posts, read 41,238,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz22 View Post
As opposed to what? Dr Burzynski watching the patients of Allopathic Dr’s die? There are thousands of people who lose their lives each year because of Big Pharma or medical mistakes. I don’t think losing patients is unique to Alt medicine.

I agree, he needs to provide more written evidence but the patients who spoke out for him did so because he helped them or a family member. Many of these people were diagnosed and treated by the medical community, and when told to go home and die, they turned to Dr Burzynski for help. This story is repeated again and again in their testimony. The Police Seargent who lost one of his twin daughters clearly states that his daughter was treated by conventional chemo/radiation and sent home by the medical community to die after the cancer spread. She was then treated by Dr Berzynski and although she died, the autopsy showed she was cancer free. Are we supposed to call this father a liar?

The medical community does not easily change. Medical school teaches conformity. Just because a Dr can publish a paper, does not mean that he or she is not incompetent, narcissistic or should have been a waiter. I agree that finding information online on Dr Burzynski or long term cancer survival stats should not be so difficult. As far as ongoing research, cut/burn/poison will be around for a long time.
He is losing the patients he claims to be curing.

Have the people who claim to be cured had a biopsy proven diagnosis of cancer? "Testimony" is not scientific data.

What did the Police Sergeant's daughter die from? Who did the autopsy?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...versy/2994561/

Old 08-18-2018, 08:56 PM

3,179 posts, read 2,127,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post

Have the people who claim to be cured had a biopsy proven diagnosis of cancer? "Testimony" is not scientific data.

Here is an article about an interview with Rick Schiff, who lost his child. There is no way I’m going to call this man a liar. It’s insulting to someone who lost their daughter to cancer. If an Allopathic Dr was on the line and his patients showed up to testify for him, I’d give them the benefit of the doubt too.

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/a...ic-schiff.aspx

Old 08-18-2018, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Here is an article about an interview with Rick Schiff, who lost his child. There is no way I’m going to call this man a liar. It’s insulting to someone who lost their daughter to cancer. If an Allopathic Dr was on the line and his patients showed up to testify for him, I’d give them the benefit of the doubt too.

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/a...ic-schiff.aspx
Mr. Schiff's daughter died in 1996. Having watched my child being treated for cancer, I can empathize with him. He certainly truly believes whatever Burzynski has told him, but I think he has been misled. There are problems with his narrative of events.

Stanislaw Burzynski publishes his antineoplaston results again. It’s no more convincing than last time. – Respectful Insolence

Old 08-18-2018, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Mr. Schiff's daughter died in 1996. Having watched my child being treated for cancer, I can empathize with him. He certainly truly believes whatever Burzynski has told him, but I think he has been misled. There are problems with his narrative of events.

Stanislaw Burzynski publishes his antineoplaston results again. It’s no more convincing than last time. – Respectful Insolence
I’m not sure what you mean by problems with his narrative of events. He seems like an intelligent man. Anyway, we’ll have to agree to disagree, and if people want to learn about Dr Burzyinski, there is plenty of information about him online, both positive and negative. They can make up their own minds about him.

I’m sorry, but my impression of this cancer surgeon who blogs, is that he does it to entertain himself, reinforce his opinion of his intelligence and worldview.

Last edited by Taz22; 08-18-2018 at 10:22 PM..

Old 08-18-2018, 10:37 PM

Quote:
I’m not sure what you mean by problems with his narrative of events. He seems like an intelligent man. Anyway, we’ll have to agree to disagree, and if people want to learn about Dr Burzyinski, there is plenty of information about him online, both positive and negative. They can make up their own minds about him.

I’m sorry, but my impression of this cancer surgeon who blogs, is that he does it to entertain himself, reinforce his opinion of himself and his worldview.
The cancer surgeon who blogs does so because he sees firsthand people who died of cancer because they chose alt med rather than allopathic medicine.

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/dea...whos-to-blame/

The article I linked to describes why the dad's version of events may not be exactly what happened, including his claim that the radiotherapist intentionally murdered his child.

He obviously believes that if he had taken his daughter to Burzynski first she would have survived, which is what Burzynski has told him. The fact is that we have no evidence that Burzynski could have cured her.

Last edited by suzy_q2010; 08-18-2018 at 11:09 PM..

Old 08-19-2018, 04:17 PM

Quote:
The cancer surgeon who blogs does so because he sees firsthand people who died of cancer because they chose alt med rather than allopathic medicine.

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/dea...whos-to-blame/

The article I linked to describes why the dad's version of events may not be exactly what happened, including his claim that the radiotherapist intentionally murdered his child.

He obviously believes that if he had taken his daughter to Burzynski first she would have survived, which is what Burzynski has told him. The fact is that we have no evidence that Burzynski could have cured her.
Well, I and many others believe that the medical/pharma/government is not adverse to keeping the money flowing. Many people in these fields are not altruistic by any means. I’m not going to mindlessly accept everything they say without question, although it’s peoples prerogative to do so. There are a lot of alternatives these days and that is because informed consumers want as many choices as possible for their healthcare. This trend isn’t going away anytime soon.

You are giving this poor grieving dad no credit for being able to think for himself. I don’t believe the radiotherapist murdered the child intentionally but did so as a matter of indifference or incompetence. Medical practitioners think as a group and when this dad was frozen out, it was because they smelled trouble and possible lawsuits. Burzyinski did make this child cancer free and the autopsy proved that. She had no trace of cancer.

This cancer blogger is beating the drum for allopathic medicine and protecting its interests. He is impressive to himself and others, although to me he comes across as a bit pompous.

Old 08-20-2018, 05:13 AM

268 posts, read 226,997 times
Quote:

He, like so many of his kind is making a fortune on desperate people. People who will pay anything to save themselves or their children. He charges huge fees. People keep mentioning BigPharm and greedy Drs yet these people selling alt cures and treatments are not giving their services for free or inexpensively. Reading some of the posts on alt forums and groups you would think they were.

https://www.drweil.com/health-wellne...cer-treatment/

Last edited by KatesKat; 08-20-2018 at 06:27 AM..

Old 08-20-2018, 06:14 AM

268 posts, read 226,997 times
Quote:
I know about Taxol, but if someone managed to figure a way to utilize the plant itself to treat cancer, and didn’t turn the patents over to Big Pharma, you’d be able to hear the screaming from miles away. You keep keep saying that no one wants to die, but we’ll address that later.
There is no law that patents must be turned over to BigPharm. And if they weren't, who would produce the drug? Who would have that kind of money? The researcher? They are paid less than Drs.

Quote:
The women who went to naturopathic practitioners to build their immune systems, was because a compromised immune system left them open to getting a number of illnesses. A Dr will tell a patient to drink a glass of juice or take a B vitamin but a naturopath can take it a lot further and benefit someone who really needs to get healthy after being cut/burned/poisoned. Taking good care of your health can go a long way in preventing disease, but what Allopathic Dr practices prevention?
Your immune system rebuilds itself after treatment as I can found out after surgery and chemo. As long as you're on a good diet your immune cell count rises to normal levels. Supplements are not needed though the Drs and nurses where I went encouraged a vitamin-mineral supplement, knowing most Americans are not on ideal diets. Odd you seem to be convinced Drs and Nurses do not encourage taking supplements. It appears you do not see Drs for anything so perhaps believe the alt-sites you read. I have been on calcium and D3 supplements for years now thanks to my old GP.

Quote:
It was a process in trying to find out more records on Dr Burzynski, but same thing applies for finding malpractice suits against Allopathic Dr’s or long term cancer survival rates. The reason is there is a ton of information and going through it all takes a lot of time.
Yes, this is true. It is time consuming. However, when I looked into Alts several years ago I found no evidence that Dr Burzynski ever cured anyone. NED doesn't mean cured. Most cancers do return. Nor did Hulda Clark and her Zapper machine which she claimed cured all cancers. She made a fortune on the desperate selling fake cures down in MX. She herself died of cancer. Google: "Clark died on 3 September 2009 of multiple myeloma."

These people also charge exorbitant fees not covered by insurance. Something the alt sites NEVER mention. No followers of Alt-meds mention the huge fees these people charge.

Quote:
You are right, new cancer patients are coming in every day and the future for new patients is looking good. This is the reason new cures won’t be forthcoming anytime soon.
My dear, you are so wrong. New and better treatments come along for the hundreds of different cancers all the time. I hope you know that cancer is not one disease but hundreds. You are avoiding the sites that keep people updated on what's just been approved and what is coming down the pipeline. And you haven't yet mentioned those who are cured or who died of old age or accident before it returned. My cousin was cured of Leukemia as were several people I know outside my family with bone marrow transplants. He received the transplant back in the 70s and now, in his early 70s is still alive and well. Another friend, now dead of a stroke, was cured of ovarian cancer. This is a tough one yet she too was cured (radiation and surgery) in the late 70s. You will find cures if you ask around so please don't say no one is cured and no one wants a cure - suggesting all researchers worldwide, all Drs, everyone involved with cancer wordwide wants to suffer and die of the disease. That they would rather see their loved ones also suffer and die so BigPharm can make money. Who of us would rather suffer and die from cancer so BigPharm and GreedyDrs can prosper with no benefit to ourselves or anyone else? That's there some kind of worldwide conspiracy going on for years and years.

Quote:
This industry is growing and employees untold numbers of people from Dr’s and scientists to janitors. Washington is also in on the money with public and private funding. Things are fine just the way they are. Ever heard the term “follow the money”?
I followed the money right to people like Clark and Dr Burzynski who charge huge exorbitant fees for unproven cures or treatments. I followed it to thousands of alt websites selling cleansers, supplements, juicers and any number of herbs and potions to the desperate. I'm sure you followed the money to these people and places also. They're a billion dollar industry with no evidence anyone is being cured or lives being prolonged. Would you have all research stopped and just let people suffer and die grasping at straws, at bottles of supplements and cleansers and detoxers?

Quote:
I just don’t understand insulting these people who spoke on Dr Burzynski’s behalf.This is a free country and they have the right to have their voices heard. Some lost or almost lost their children. Calling them liars and trying to discredit or shut them up because they disagree with conventional medicine is bordering on fascism.
Again, you repeat so others have to repeat also. No one called them liars because no one knows who they are, where they're from, or has seen the medical records of those they claim were cured. Did the children even exist? No one knows if biopsies were done before or scans done after treatments. No one knows if the regular treatments made the cancers go NED or the foul smelling drug Burzynski created from urine of all things. It has to be asked, was the child NED before taking her to Burzynski - were the others? That father's testimony made so sense since radiation doesn't make a brain "fall apart." The tumor and immediate area would be damaged and hopefully the cancer killed. The rest of the brain is untouched.

https://www.drweil.com/health-wellne...cer-treatment/

Last edited by KatesKat; 08-20-2018 at 06:27 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine