Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2018, 08:23 PM

22,654 posts, read 24,581,931 times

Advertisements

Don't eat grapes on my current diet, but interesting info. The cancer-fighting angle is always something I am sceptical about.

I actually just ate a lemon, have been occasionally eating them for quite a while......supposed to be good for the blood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2018, 09:19 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,733,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Don't eat grapes on my current diet, but interesting info. The cancer-fighting angle is always something I am sceptical about.

I actually just ate a lemon, have been occasionally eating them for quite a while......supposed to be good for the blood.
I don't eat many grapes but eat the seeds (bitter) which have been removed from grapes..Why skeptical? It's not like "they" are pushing mega thousand dollar foods, seeds are being thrown out and for years MOST spit the seeds out when they were in the grapes. I never did a search on cancer fighting foods. Never came to me until it was brought to my a attention in 1995 at the lecture on pycnogenol and then a year or later I found grape seed ex.

On cancer fighting foods, I'll post this link. I agree with a lot here and some I don't but it's a large list.

https://www.mdanderson.org/publicati...groceries.html

Last edited by jaminhealth; 07-21-2018 at 10:41 PM..

Old 07-21-2018, 10:09 PM

3,179 posts, read 2,127,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Oh, I beg to differ, I check reviews all the time when I'm thinking of trying something new and I see plenty of reviews that "say it didn't do anything for me" or "it gave me an upset stomach"...etc etc. When I do reviews, I say the truth. As I say here to the best of my being.

Big Supp as you call it, does fine, they've come a long way in helping support people who are burned on the pharma drugs etc.

Pharma and the powers out there have been trying to shut it down for about 30 yrs. That poor innocent good grape is sure getting a bad rap. And as I said, if one fears the grape, avoid it.
I agree, and it was mentioned that some people avoid sites where someone is selling something. What about the TV adds? You can’t watch TV for an hour without one of those drug adds coming on. Is this drug safe or has it been proven? To an extent, but there are going to be people who die because of using this drug. BP has enough money to pay off the lawsuits. If there was even a fraction of those people dying because of taking supplements, this industry would go under.

I remember when living in Houston, there was a tremendous backlash against Dr Burzynski. The medical community wanted to ride him out of town on a rail. And it was proven that he was having success using alternative treatments to fight cancer. This Dr had a lot of support on radio shows and from locals. But the medical community had him in their crosshairs. He had dared to encroach on their turf and actually cured people. That kind of thing dosen’t fly.

I’ve known some remarkably intelligent people who may or may not have had a lot of formal education. What they did have is the brains to think for themselves, the best course of action, putting the puzzle together and those are admirable traits. I don’t get this absolute belief that in going to someone who is educated, they are the end all to your health problems. IMO, you might go to a great Dr who is really good at the job, or you might end up with a retread who shouldn’t be practicing medicine. I believe most people are intelligent enough to make their own choices on healthcare and if that includes natural practitioners or supplements including GSE, so be it.

Last edited by Taz22; 07-21-2018 at 10:57 PM..

Old 07-21-2018, 11:01 PM

The above generated my interest more re: Dr. Burzynski.

Burzynski Patient Group

Old 07-22-2018, 09:16 AM

Quote:
The above generated my interest more re: Dr. Burzynski.

Burzynski Patient Group
Good information, thanks for finding it. Didn’t know it had started in the eighties. I lived in the Houston area from the mid nineties and moved away around 2000 and during that time, there was quite a flap about him. There are more natural practitioners who cure deadly diseases now, but he was definitely a pioneer. He made the mistake of stepping on the inflated egos of the Houston Dr’s, and he paid for it.

Old 07-22-2018, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz22 View Post
Good information, thanks for finding it. Didn’t know it had started in the eighties. I lived in the Houston area from the mid nineties and moved away around 2000 and during that time, there was quite a flap about him. There are more natural practitioners who cure deadly diseases now, but he was definitely a pioneer. He made the mistake of stepping on the inflated egos of the Houston Dr’s, and he paid for it.
What difference does it may how one choose to work with prevention and/or cures, if we can concur this dread dx, why not. I'm on another group who works with DMSO and a couple now are working on IV's of DMSO and Vit C, Vit E to battle their cancers. Many do not want the mainstream medicine. It is said GSE is 20 times more powerful than Vit C. 50 times stronger than Vit E.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 07-22-2018 at 10:33 AM..

Old 07-22-2018, 10:23 AM

Quote:
What difference does it may how one choose to work with prevention and/or cures, if we can concur this dread dx, why not. I'm on another group who works with DMSO and a couple now are working on IV's of DMSO and Vit C, Vit E to battle their cancers. Many do not want the mainstream medicine.
Agreed, and there was a large new alternative center for helping people with serious disease like cancer in Scottsdale. They accept regular insurance plans, and people fly in from other states. These people don’t want the traditional cut/burn/poison treatments that mainstream medicine offers. I bet that GSE is in one of the treatment protocols for something.

Old 07-22-2018, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz22 View Post
Agreed, and there was a large new alternative center for helping people with serious disease like cancer in Scottsdale. They accept regular insurance plans, and people fly in from other states. These people don’t want the traditional cut/burn/poison treatments that mainstream medicine offers. I bet that GSE is in one of the treatment protocols for something.
In the early years of learning about GSE, I came across a naturopath who has a clinic in Scottsdale and bought his book back in the 90's...I've lent that book out to many friends who are thankful for my info. And are getting good results taking GSE. His book is so simple in layman's print and says so much.

Old 07-22-2018, 10:41 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,800,858 times
Quote:
What difference does it may how one choose to work with prevention and/or cures, if we can concur this dread dx, why not. I'm on another group who works with DMSO and a couple now are working on IV's of DMSO and Vit C, Vit E to battle their cancers. Many do not want the mainstream medicine.

That’s fine, but they should be aware of the increased risk of death.

https://arstechnica.com/science/2017...-to-5x-higher/

https://www.techtimes.com/articles/2...r-patients.htm

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/c...pies-vc82bqv5q

https://www.inverse.com/article/4727...cure-my-cancer

Old 07-22-2018, 10:48 AM

Of and of course, the same with the mainstream drugs...I lost 3 special people in my life in the last few years and they went the mainstream routes.

Bottom line to all medicine, so many are just willing to work one way and many are more willing to work with a lot of alternatives and so it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine