Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2018, 03:40 PM

23,265 posts, read 18,777,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Most people die from the chemo, not the cancer.
Bang on time for this ancient disproved chestnut to crop up.

Old 07-23-2018, 05:46 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,731,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Most people die from the chemo, not the cancer.
Well, as it was said years ago, if the cancer doesn't kill you the chemo will.

Old 07-23-2018, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
I'm old enough to remember laetrile. It's interesting reading up on it so many years later.

I suppose if you don't trust "Big Government", you can be convinced by these things. I think it would be too hard to cover things up such as the Kennedy Assassination, 9/11, Laetrile, etc. to believe all the conspiracy theorists. How can so many people that had to be involved in these situations be silenced?

I also find it interesting that on CD, people are either staunchly pro-medical (not sure this is the proper terminology) or pro-alternative. Maybe it's just that those are the people who tend to post on forums?

Re-reading my post, it sounds like I would not give alternative medicine the time of day, but that's not true. I like to do my research and will pick and choose what I believe.
For me and I can say I trusted years ago, but with all I've been through with side effects and surgery damage, and being on health groups, I have lost a lot of trust. I trusted an allergist back in the early 80's and he did not cure me...pycnogenol and then grape seed extract did. I'm open and if I need a drug I'll try it...hope I don't need any more than I take now.

Old 07-23-2018, 06:16 PM

I think I read that laetrile is used in cancer clinics in Mexico. It disappeared here in the U.S.

This is interesting on "seeds".

https://www.cancertutor.com/laetrile/

Another informative read on laetrile:

http://educate-yourself.org/cancer/l...r27jun04.shtml

I'm glad I get my "seeds" as I do.

Old 07-23-2018, 06:30 PM

37,105 posts, read 41,238,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I think I read that laetrile is used in cancer clinics in Mexico. It disappeared here in the U.S.

This is interesting on "seeds".

https://www.cancertutor.com/laetrile/

Another informative read on laetrile:

The Story of Laetrile and Cancer

I'm glad I get my "seeds" as I do.
LOL!

From a web page that lists every conspiracy theory there is.

Laetrile does not cure cancer. Full stop. It can kill. Cyanide is a poison, a true toxin.

It disappeared in the US because it does not treat cancer and it is dangerous.

Old 07-23-2018, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
LOL!

From a web page that lists every conspiracy theory there is.

Laetrile does not cure cancer. Full stop. It can kill. Cyanide is a poison, a true toxin.

It disappeared in the US because it does not treat cancer and it is dangerous.
Yes and as I said, I lost 3 close people in the last few years going the standard ways...my son in law for one.

Old 07-23-2018, 10:10 PM

37,105 posts, read 41,238,832 times
Quote:
Yes and as I said, I lost 3 close people in the last few years going the standard ways...my son in law for one.
Yes, not all cancers are curable.

That does not mean laetrile works. It does not. That, and the fact that it is dangerous and can kill people by causing cyanide poisoning, is the reason it is not approved by the FDA. It is irresponsible to encourage people to use it, even if this is the alt med forum.

Old 07-23-2018, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Yes, not all cancers are curable.

That does not mean laetrile works. It does not. That, and the fact that it is dangerous and can kill people by causing cyanide poisoning, is the reason it is not approved by the FDA. It is irresponsible to encourage people to use it, even if this is the alt med forum.
I never really said it worked, but it was out there some years ago. And still used in other countries as I've read. Chemo is pretty toxic.

Care to read this?

http://artemisinine.net/news/the-won...tamin-b17.html

https://chipsahospital.org/11-powerf...le-in-the-usa/

Last edited by jaminhealth; 07-23-2018 at 10:48 PM..

Old 07-23-2018, 10:32 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,821,209 times
Quote:
I never really said it worked, but it was out there some years ago. And still used in other countries as I've read. Chemo is pretty toxic.
Chemo is a treatment that is targeted to cancer, and has some toxic effect to the rest of the body.

Cyanide is a poison used to kill people.

You may not be able to differentiate, but most people can, and should.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-24-2018, 06:39 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,937,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Bang on time for this ancient disproved chestnut to crop up.
It is fact. It is also a fact that it causes secondary cancers.

Don't like facts, well, I can't help you with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine