Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2019, 11:19 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,731,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalewskimm View Post
Wrong on so many levels. Can't argue with someone who's part of the problem. But whatever. Good luck.
Thanks and couldn't rep you again.

Old 02-13-2019, 11:42 AM

9,952 posts, read 6,666,970 times
Quote:
Gerson Therapy has been successful I know this first hand and have seen and read of its wonders. Simple, safe, makes sense.

The tumor is not the cancer, just a symptom. Cutting it out does nothing. Stupid allopathic doctors know this (or don't). Makes them $$$ though. Can't poison your body into health by chemo either.
I have a family member who practiced as a medical oncologist from the late ‘70s until around 4 years ago. In that time, the mortality rate for many cancers has decreased dramatically. In many cases less radical therapy is used now than it was years ago because we now know it is not needed or that it is not recommended for a particular group of patients. I have many family members who underwent traditional treatment for cancer and they did well for a long time. Unfortunately one passed away from a second cancer around 12 years later, but that is probably 12 years he would not have had without the treatment. Others are in their 70s and able to enjoy international travel and active lifestyles.

Old 02-13-2019, 11:49 AM

8,228 posts, read 3,417,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
I have a family member who practiced as a medical oncologist from the late ‘70s until around 4 years ago. In that time, the mortality rate for many cancers has decreased dramatically. In many cases less radical therapy is used now than it was years ago because we now know it is not needed or that it is not recommended for a particular group of patients. I have many family members who underwent traditional treatment for cancer and they did well for a long time. Unfortunately one passed away from a second cancer around 12 years later, but that is probably 12 years he would not have had without the treatment. Others are in their 70s and able to enjoy international travel and active lifestyles.
We can also read many things that say the opposite, that cancer treatments have not progressed much at all.

Maybe it depends on how you look at the data, and what data you have access to.

One thing that has improved dramatically is medical imaging technology. So now cancer can be found at an extremely early stage, and treated successfully.

However, this messes up the data. Almost everyone has cancer somewhere in their body, and most of it will never progress or cause disease. So most of the cancer that is detected early and treated "successfully" might have been harmless.

There is a very strong need for the public to believe cancer is being gradually defeated. And a very strong need for the cancer organizations to promote that idea.

But if cancer ever is defeated, it will not be the result of a gradual process. New chemo drugs that extend life just a bit more than an older drug will never lead to the solution.

If cancer is ever cured, it will be the result of breakthroughs, of new understandings. And there is no reason to think we are heading for any breakthroughs. Especially since the mainstream medical organizations are resistant to new ideas and perspectives.

Old 02-13-2019, 01:09 PM

9,952 posts, read 6,666,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
We can also read many things that say the opposite, that cancer treatments have not progressed much at all.

Maybe it depends on how you look at the data, and what data you have access to.

One thing that has improved dramatically is medical imaging technology. So now cancer can be found at an extremely early stage, and treated successfully.

However, this messes up the data. Almost everyone has cancer somewhere in their body, and most of it will never progress or cause disease. So most of the cancer that is detected early and treated "successfully" might have been harmless.

There is a very strong need for the public to believe cancer is being gradually defeated. And a very strong need for the cancer organizations to promote that idea.

But if cancer ever is defeated, it will not be the result of a gradual process. New chemo drugs that extend life just a bit more than an older drug will never lead to the solution.

If cancer is ever cured, it will be the result of breakthroughs, of new understandings. And there is no reason to think we are heading for any breakthroughs. Especially since the mainstream medical organizations are resistant to new ideas and perspectives.
Some cancers like childhood leukemia used to kill most children. Now it is highly curable and the vast majority of children survive. How is that not process. Breast cancer treatment has also improved dramatically. Recent information indicates Thant more than 500k deaths have been avoided in the past 3 decades due to advancements in treatment. That is hardly insignificant.

Old 02-13-2019, 01:52 PM

37,451 posts, read 61,360,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
Some cancers like childhood leukemia used to kill most children. Now it is highly curable and the vast majority of children survive. How is that not process. Breast cancer treatment has also improved dramatically. Recent information indicates Thant more than 500k deaths have been avoided in the past 3 decades due to advancements in treatment. That is hardly insignificant.
According to:
https://seer.cancer.gov/statfacts/html/childleuk.html

Childhood leukemia peaked at around 2 per 100,000.

There has never been a time when most children got it. At the MOST it was around 2 per 100,000.

Old 02-13-2019, 01:56 PM

14,299 posts, read 11,681,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post

Is there data indicating that most (say, 75%+) of people have cancer "somewhere in their body" that would be detectible through medical imaging? If so, I would like to see it because I highly doubt this is the case.

Even PET/CT scans and MRIs cannot detect tumors smaller than a few millimeters in size. By the time tumors are large enough to be visible on a scan and biopsied, they are not generally considered harmless, and their progression if untreated is well documented.

If you're talking about a random mutated cell or two, then I agree with you--most people have those, and most of the time they do not progress any farther. But imaging is useless to detect a tiny number of mutated cells, and therefore imaging cannot "mess up the data" in this regard.

Old 02-13-2019, 02:01 PM

23,265 posts, read 18,777,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
According to:
https://seer.cancer.gov/statfacts/html/childleuk.html

Childhood leukemia peaked at around 2 per 100,000.

There has never been a time when most children got it. At the MOST it was around 2 per 100,000.
I'm sure what Ramen meant was that it killed most children who were diagnosed. Not most children in general!

Old 02-13-2019, 02:26 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,222,660 times
Quote:
Wrong on so many levels. Can't argue with someone who's part of the problem. But whatever. Good luck.
Nice come back, everything I wrote was verifiable. Everything you wrote was not and therefore not eligible to even argue. Good luck with that whole "cancer is not the tumor" viewpoint. Try looking up the definition of cancer some time.

Old 02-13-2019, 02:31 PM

Looking at my original reason for the post, I think one person mentioned something and probably nothing since. ummmm

The antioxidant therapy can only strengthen the immune system which is weakened more with the chemo drugs.

Do docs even suggest say Vit C with their chemo drugs. Of course, I'm going to the grape seed ex which in my life I believe helps prevent the cancers...reason I first got on it.

Old 02-13-2019, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Unfortunately one of the sadder "side effects" of ongoing cancer treatment is people coming out of the woodwork trying to convince you that this or that "alternative miracle ingredient rejected by doctors" will cure them. Most of it is unaldulterated balderdash. Some of it might not be, but unfortunately no one knows either way unless those substances are analyzed correctly. Unless someone actually knows how these substances will or won't interact with the medications you are being prescribed you won't know if you are in fact causing further harm to yourself.

I don't have a problem with someone choosing an alternative route to treatment from the get go. What I DO have a problem with are people who see no problem with suggesting the addition of this or that to an ongoing protocol or hounding a vulnerable person with little mercy or compassion because they chose a standardized accepted regimen. It is criminal and totally irresponsible. These people have no right to assume anything about any other person's situation.
Sadder!!!, when my son in law was being hit with all the chemo many friends and family were coming out of the woodwork offering adjuncts to the toxic drugs. Wonder if he cancer docs even went there. He bought a sauna unit at one point, he lost the battle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine