Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2018, 06:20 PM

5,424 posts, read 3,485,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
If pharma are are so fast acting and so great why is everyone who takes them on for years, life?
Not trying to be snarky, but how long have you been taking the seed?

Old 10-24-2018, 06:26 PM

3,179 posts, read 2,127,268 times
Quote:
Taz, the thing is I thought I worked pretty hard to stay off BP meds but succumbed to the fear and since then I've learned so much more about fluctuations of ups and downs, food etc. I have on my own cut half of the diuretic I was put on and some days even cut some of the on BP med and on top of what I'm doing take an ayurevedic BP tab every morning. Right now I don't know my readings but feel fine BP-wise.

And if I eat something a little too salty have learned to take extra potassium to counter the sodium and get the balance the body needs.

Hey that’s great you managed to halve your meds and thanks for the tip on potassium, I’m going to add that to my next vitamin store run. I’ve tried several Ayurvedic supplements over the years and like them very much. A few years ago, I had the boss from hell and started taking Ashwagandha to help deal with the stress and it really worked. They also have good immune boosting supplements.

Old 10-24-2018, 06:26 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,733,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
Not trying to be snarky, but how long have you been taking the seed?
What's snarky about that question? I've said many times how long, but I'll say it again, since 1995 and I'll take it to the end whenever that will be. 4 days of taking Pycnogenol is when the allergy/sinus issues about cleared up. It's a food and I've been taking in foods for over 80 yrs.

Old 10-24-2018, 06:38 PM

5,424 posts, read 3,485,395 times
Quote:
What's snarky about that question? ... It's a food and I've been taking in foods for over 80 yrs.
I take a lot of vitamins and supplements but I think of them more as drugs and not food. I just don't say to myself that I'm going to have a big ole serving of vitamin D for lunch when I pop that vitamin.

Old 10-24-2018, 06:51 PM

Quote:
I take a lot of vitamins and supplements but I think of them more as drugs and not food. I just don't say to myself that I'm going to have a big ole serving of vitamin D for lunch when I pop that vitamin.
We think differently and that is just OK. I don't say I'm going to take a big serving of oranges when I take my Vit C, same with the Grape Seed Ex. I don't consider my supps as drugs for a moment, the several pharma meds, yes they are drugs.

Old 10-24-2018, 10:29 PM

23,265 posts, read 18,787,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz22 View Post
I agree with you on the short term meds, but taking something for a couple of weeks or being stuck on it for life is totally different.
I was trying to make the point that there are many meds prescribed for a short-term problem. They have their utility and shouldn't be condemned for deliberately spurious reasons. Agree with you that something life long is different.

Old 10-24-2018, 10:37 PM

Quote:
This is how I look at it as well. When I take a supplement/vitamin in addition to food, I am targeting a specific thing, to prevent a specific thing. In other words, I am choosing to MEDICATE for something. Regardless what the commercial origin or labeling happens to be.

Last edited by Parnassia; 10-24-2018 at 11:07 PM..

Old 10-24-2018, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
If you do not know the readings you have no idea whether your BP is "fine" or not. The first indication that it is not "fine" may be a stroke or heart attack.
Yep, guess that's why it's generally referred to as the "Silent Killer".

Old 10-24-2018, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Yep, guess that's why it's generally referred to as the "Silent Killer".
Is it ? I question that Fear Tactic. No one really know for sure but pharma has done their jobs at instilling fear in as many as they reach to get them on their drugs.

Old 10-24-2018, 11:21 PM

37,105 posts, read 41,238,832 times
Quote:
Is it ? I question that Fear Tactic. No one really know for sure but pharma has done their jobs at instilling fear in as many as they reach to get them on their drugs.
Yet you take the meds. Why, if you have no fear of the complications of high blood pressure?

The effects of high blood pressure are well described. The fact is that you cannot tell what your blood pressure is just by the way you feel, and the first symptom that it is not fine may be a stroke or heart attack.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine