Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2018, 02:16 PM

10,229 posts, read 6,309,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
If you do not know the readings you have no idea whether your BP is "fine" or not. The first indication that it is not "fine" may be a stroke or heart attack.
Last time I had my BP taken was in 2008 when I was in Urgent Care for Food Poisoning and extremely dehydrated. They said my BP was EXTREMELY HIGH. Would that be my normal, not very sick, BP? Should I have been put on meds for High BP then?

Had my BP taken a year before at a clinic for a work physical (mandatory) and they said it was on low end. Don't remember the numbers. Didn't care. Few other time in the 90's, again at clinics for work physicals (mandatory), they also said it was on the low end of things. I've had my BP taken maybe 5 or 6 times in the past 20 years?

My husband has a home BP monitor, which he started taking his own back when in his 30's, and he takes daily because of his heart attacks. He's taken BP meds for a good 25 years. Didn't stop his heart attacks. IMHO, he eats very poorly and is constantly stressed out over absolutely nothing, including his HEALTH. Has been since he turned 30 years old. Telling him to chill out over minor things only makes he mad. Catch 22 cycle.

I am not about to starting monitoring my own BP with that home monitor. I don't go to doctors, and don't doctor myself either.

Old 10-25-2018, 02:43 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
^^^^^ and if I did that, I would have been dead years ago.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-25-2018, 02:50 PM

14,928 posts, read 12,126,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Is it ? I question that Fear Tactic. No one really know for sure but pharma has done their jobs at instilling fear in as many as they reach to get them on their drugs.

I don't need "Big Pharma" to tell me of the consequences of ignoring one's high blood pressure. I've seen it first hand too many times working in health care, and among friends and family members. Hemorrhagic strokes, kidney failure, congestive heart failure, near blindness. All in folks who didn't think they needed to control their hypertension because they felt "ok" with it.

Made a believer out of me.

Old 10-25-2018, 02:55 PM

14,928 posts, read 12,126,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Last time I had my BP taken was in 2008 when I was in Urgent Care for Food Poisoning and extremely dehydrated. They said my BP was EXTREMELY HIGH. Would that be my normal, not very sick, BP? Should I have been put on meds for High BP then?

Had my BP taken a year before at a clinic for a work physical (mandatory) and they said it was on low end. Don't remember the numbers. Didn't care. Few other time in the 90's, again at clinics for work physicals (mandatory), they also said it was on the low end of things. I've had my BP taken maybe 5 or 6 times in the past 20 years?

My husband has a home BP monitor, which he started taking his own back when in his 30's, and he takes daily because of his heart attacks. He's taken BP meds for a good 25 years. Didn't stop his heart attacks. IMHO, he eats very poorly and is constantly stressed out over absolutely nothing, including his HEALTH. Has been since he turned 30 years old. Telling him to chill out over minor things only makes he mad. Catch 22 cycle.

I am not about to starting monitoring my own BP with that home monitor. I don't go to doctors, and don't doctor myself either.
Well, maybe you'll get lucky and never have any issues with your health. Or maybe not. It's a game of russian roulette, but it's your choice either way.

Old 10-25-2018, 03:16 PM

23,252 posts, read 18,764,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post

Um, you actually did go to a doctor. One has to ask why you wanted treatment for your food poisoning in the first place. A bit too intense for you to weather on your own?

No one at Urgent Care would have put you on a high BP med. What they would have done is monitor it, make sure you didn't have a stroke at that moment, and then suggest following up with whoever your GP happened to be. If you didn't have one, oh well. It would be out of their hands either way. Everyone in the healthcare world knows BPs fluctuate a lot for all sorts of reasons...like being dehydrated and quite sick.

Old 10-25-2018, 06:10 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,654,132 times
Going off topic too much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine