Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2018, 11:36 PM

23,265 posts, read 18,777,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Yet you take the meds. Why, if you have no fear of the complications of high blood pressure?
Take this idea farther. Someone who takes supplements to PREVENT conditions is obviously is worried enough about them to do something. I firmly believe no one other than yourself can create fear in your head.

Last edited by Parnassia; 10-24-2018 at 11:54 PM..

Old 10-25-2018, 07:04 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,244,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Take this idea farther. Someone who takes supplements to PREVENT conditions is obviously is worried enough about them to do something. I firmly believe no one other than yourself can create fear in your head.
This.

Old 10-25-2018, 10:47 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,731,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post

How about someone who takes supplements doesn't want to end up with other horrible health issues like cancers, diabetes, asthma and more and wants to end up at the end of their life with their memory and not in a home being propped up. And even that silent killer pharma made up comment which I will forever question.

Why do so many end up with so many issues, too bad they don't buy into the supplement world.

Old 10-25-2018, 10:53 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,815,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
If pharma are are so fast acting and so great why is everyone who takes them on for years, life?

That's what it's said about BP meds, once on it's a life time drug.

Nothing but a lot of fear and then so many jumping on the pharma drugs. Pharma is very happy.

Why are you on BP for life? You CAN stop taking them, I sure as heck don't recommend it, but it IS an option.

You won't, because that wouldn't be smart and could be life threatening. THAT'S why people stay on a med for life.

High BP happens for a bunch of different reasons, some can be fixed without meds, some can't.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-25-2018, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Is it ? I question that Fear Tactic. No one really know for sure but pharma has done their jobs at instilling fear in as many as they reach to get them on their drugs.

Doesn't change the fact that HBP usually has no symptoms, and the majority of the time the first symptom is a heart attack or stroke.

If you are cutting your meds without taking your BP, you are playing Russian roulette. But it's your choice.

My biggest fear is a stroke and ending up a vegetable. How can you NOT check your BP, just go to any fire station or pharmacy or Walmart.

Old 10-25-2018, 11:01 AM

7,246 posts, read 5,117,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Why are you on BP for life? You CAN stop taking them, I sure as heck don't recommend it, but it IS an option.

You won't, because that wouldn't be smart and could be life threatening. THAT'S why people stay on a med for life.

High BP happens for a bunch of different reasons, some can be fixed without meds, some can't.

There are many causes of hi BP that can be definitively cured by surgery, but most physicians never come across a single such case in their entire careers. Those causes are pretty rare.

The high cost of pharmaceuticals includes the high cost of research & development and liability expenses. The price of a vitamin or supplement is almost ALL profit for the manufacturer.

Old 10-25-2018, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoLaMoto View Post
There are many causes of hi BP that can be definitively cured by surgery, but most physicians never come across a single such case in their entire careers. Those causes are pretty rare.

The high cost of pharmaceuticals includes the high cost of research & development and liability expenses. The price of a vitamin or supplement is almost ALL profit for the manufacturer.

Totally agree.

I stopped taking my BP meds, because it was falling too low (fainting)..... Which makes NO sense as my diet and exercise is pretty consistent.

BUT, because I monitor the heck out of it, I have noticed it edging back up.... so we'll see how it goes.

Interesting note on supplements: my vet recommended a supplement for my dog who has an injury.

They advised NOT to use human supplements because there is no monitoring/over sight or guarantee they contain what is listed. They advised products made for animals because they are safer.

How bad is that?

Old 10-25-2018, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post

I know my options, thanks.

Old 10-25-2018, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoLaMoto View Post

Oh now we have talk about surgery for high blood pressure. I don't have high BP and am on some drugs and I may change it all and may not.

Old 10-25-2018, 01:14 PM

37,105 posts, read 41,233,915 times
Quote:
How about someone who takes supplements doesn't want to end up with other horrible health issues like cancers, diabetes, asthma and more and wants to end up at the end of their life with their memory and not in a home being propped up. And even that silent killer pharma made up comment which I will forever question.

Why do so many end up with so many issues, too bad they don't buy into the supplement world.
People who take supplements do get cancer, diabetes, and asthma.

The "silent killer" comment is not "pharma made up".

What are the Symptoms of High Blood Pressure? | American Heart Association

"Truth: High blood pressure is a largely symptomless 'silent killer.' If you ignore your blood pressure because you think a certain symptom or sign will alert you to the problem, you are taking a dangerous chance with your life."

Quote:
Oh now we have talk about surgery for high blood pressure. I don't have high BP and am on some drugs and I may change it all and may not.
Yes there are some conditions that cause high blood pressure that can be treated with surgery. For example:

https://surgery.ucsf.edu/conditions-...y-disease.aspx

Please do not stop or reduce the dose of your BP meds without consulting a doctor and only with close monitoring of your pressure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine