Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2012, 10:25 PM

577 posts, read 992,349 times

Advertisements

For many years now alternative healers have claimed to be able to heal through their hands. From the most popular form of hands on healing Reiki, to all the other types like Healing touch, Quantum Touch, Pranic healing, Bio-energy healing etc. Just wondering if any of you have tried any of these, and if you have what was your experience like? Did it help whatever malady you went to the healer for? Or was it just for relaxation? I've had friends with a little experience in those areas try it, but have never actually went to someone who does ...say Reiki professionally. Just curious to get some opinions on this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2012, 02:27 AM

6,937 posts, read 6,868,065 times
This is a difficult subject 'cos it borders on beliefs which are individual things....
However I'll give you my take on it since you asked.

Anything like 'healing' - wherever it comes from (church, reiki, spiritual, etc) is allowing someone else to 'mess' with your energy fields and we dont know who they are and what attachments they have. These 'attachments' could be pretty nasty and could have been picked up from the last patient, so it is not just about how 'spiritual' the healer themselves is. Yes, they may have a very strong wish to do good but there are aspects of our energy bodies which not many people understand and at the present time, there are lots of things going on. Lets just say, more things than usual.

So, if it was left up to me, I would try and learn about healing myself rather than accepting an infusion of energy from someone else.

I am sure others will disagree, but there you are. :-)

Old 10-09-2012, 01:09 PM

19,704 posts, read 20,232,643 times
I know someone who has been doing reiki for like 15 years. From what's I've heard, he's pretty good. Never specifically got a treatment from him, but I dated a friend of his who was into it also. Some of the best massages I've ever had, as he was really able to intuitively target the areas I was having problems with, and it did help at the time.

Old 10-15-2012, 10:38 PM

577 posts, read 992,349 times
As i watched some clips on YouTube, I ran across some distant healing type videos. I looked at them....and then began thinking of this thread. So, I thought I would add a different angle to my original post. How about a experiment? I'm going to pick two videos of that type and add them here. Relax and watch one or both. Do you feel anything when you watch them? Heat? Cold? Tingling? The videos aren't mine. I'm just going to grab two that have a fair amount of views. I would be interested in your comments if you seem to get something out of it (or if you don't).

life distant healing session .mov - YouTube

Old 10-17-2012, 11:44 PM

6,937 posts, read 6,868,065 times
Affecting others at a distance works.

The thing we have to realise is that it does not matter what method is employed since anything that 'works' is to the benefit of the patient, so one method is not 'better' than another. It is purely "horses for courses" and what works for you may not work as well for me. Of course, one method may work more effectively for a particular person so it would be 'better' for them (not necessarily for others)

The point I am going to make is that - even if the 'healing' works by the mind thinking it is better, then it has still benefited the patient and so even the placebo effect is worthwhile (at up to 30% effectiveness) I think I am correct in saying that orthodox medicine often give sugar pills when they want to test a new drug and that still works for a lot of people because they think they have been prescribed a 'new' medicine which is more effective than the 'old' medicine.

I have studied radionics and that is based on energy medicine sent to others. In my opinion, if what we are told is correct - that the whole universe is made of pure energy - then time and distance has no detrimental effect on 'healing' and it is our own mind which heals all ailments.

Old 10-24-2012, 01:54 AM

26 posts, read 118,533 times
I would like to find a real deal healer.

Gene Egidio was one. Betty Shine (UK) was another.

Gene helped me enormously - in person. Both wrote super interesting books.

Adam Dreamhealer of Canada has the gift but he has more of a teacher energy.

Old 10-24-2012, 11:57 AM

5,559 posts, read 4,627,962 times
It is not the modality of healing so much but the ability of the two people to mesh together. My wife is trained in many different modalities, e.g. Shiatsu, Tuina, Reiki, etc. I have similar type of Qigong and Tuina training. Does it help? We help each other and it works very well. She is better at helping others (they like her touch) though many people love the way I help them.

Actual touch usually has more value than someone waving their hands over you, though someone who is highly skilled and that you mesh with well may be able to lend energetic value. It depends upon the two (or more).

One thing about trademarked energetic therapies, e.g. Reiki and such. From my point of view it is nothing more than a pyramid, money making machine. All energetic therapies are pretty much the same and one doesn't gain this ability via any course work or from another person. It is nurtured, learned over a long term or possibility an innate ability skill that one is born with. The TM after the therapy type has no value as far as I am concerned.

I would agree the best way is to learn oneself or have a love one learn with you. And there are many paths and finding the one that may work for you may be very long with lots of learning and experiences. I don't believe there are any short cuts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine