Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2013, 01:19 PM

151 posts, read 459,944 times

Advertisements

I am interesting in pursuing this as a profession. I developed this interest, almost like an urge, in healing my body and others with crystals. I have managed to control my panic attacks and digestive issues with amethyst and citrine and have used black tourmaline to shield me from electromagnetic frequencies from my laptop. However, I am having difficulty researching online for a reputable online course to train me in this modality. I have always wanted to learn this and open my own healing center. I am in Chicago. Can anyone help me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2013, 08:12 PM

108 posts, read 135,189 times
Have you gone to a crystal shop and asked around there? I saw one on Lincoln near Foster...

Old 09-07-2013, 09:05 AM

5 posts, read 12,141 times
Hi mrgerardo, have you found a course? I'm interested in this as well, and I'm in Chicago too. Actually would like to dig and find my own crystals.

Old 07-06-2014, 02:22 PM

Default no training found

As of today, I found nothing. I'm not really in the heart of Chicago; I'm closer to the northwest suburbs, but still technically in Chicago. From when I had originally posted, I bought several necklaces that have really healed my panic attacks and grief. I have a cluster of celestite next to my bed which have really intensified my dream state and overall sense of calm. I'm hoping this crystal will allow me to contact my deceased father, but I don't think I'm ready for that yet, energetically I mean. The astrologer I went to last year stated that Chicago is one of the spiritually densest cities in the country. The vibration is very low here, which would explain the locals' interests in fast foods, idolization of sports thugs, and prescription medication when you realize that you can't keep abusing your body and expect to live long.

Old 07-06-2014, 03:44 PM

5,853 posts, read 5,288,194 times
This is something that I am interested in, too. What I do when there is an ailment, I will research what crystals heal it and create a mojo bag.

A few years ago when my father was dying with pancreatic cancer, I contacted a local rock shop who created a mojo bag for me. The woman who did, basically did what I usually do-did the research as to what crystals would help.

Since you can't find any formal training-why not just train yourself. Keep records of your research and maybe after a while, YOU can offer a course since it is obvious that there are none to be find.

Cat

Old 07-09-2014, 09:07 PM

Default true

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
This is something that I am interested in, too. What I do when there is an ailment, I will research what crystals heal it and create a mojo bag.

A few years ago when my father was dying with pancreatic cancer, I contacted a local rock shop who created a mojo bag for me. The woman who did, basically did what I usually do-did the research as to what crystals would help.

Since you can't find any formal training-why not just train yourself. Keep records of your research and maybe after a while, YOU can offer a course since it is obvious that there are none to be find.

Cat
That is true about teaching yourself enough to offer your own course. I just see that people will take you more seriously with training. I would love to open a rock shop near me and teach people. I have to be careful in telling people it will heal or cure this since you tread the line of medical care. We live in a litigious country. Another option would be to learn reiki and learn energy flow through the hands, which would tell me about the chakras and offer crystal suggestions based on that.

Old 10-24-2020, 08:05 AM

10,612 posts, read 12,140,426 times
bumping this up to see if there's any new info
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine