Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2014, 05:35 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,405,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvl View Post
You must be one of those haitians who will proudly announce that 1/3rd of doctors in NYC are haitians.
Yes I heard that said on haitian radio. Pathetic.
This post all around just confused me. It sounds like you're trying to make a point but is having a difficult time in doing so. Can't help you there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2014, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNative2891 View Post
He set himself up for this post. +1
Not really because I agree with him. Your solution was a typical rant. This is more of a set up for you. His post actually gives solutions. You're solution sounds like someone with a low iq trying to pass as someone with a high iq.

Old 02-16-2014, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
Regardless if some think its good or bad, I guess we can all agree that the hotels look very nice.

At least someone believes in that country. That's a first step.
Yea I believe in them.

Hell yeahhhh look at all my mulattoes in those hotels

Old 02-16-2014, 09:10 PM

566 posts, read 889,273 times
The ministry of Tourism is doing a good job
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNO7-0KWfEA

Old 02-17-2014, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listennow32 View Post
The ministry of Tourism is doing a good job
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNO7-0KWfEA
Amazing. Some of those places would confuse me with New Orleans lol.

Old 02-17-2014, 11:06 AM

566 posts, read 889,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
Amazing. Some of those places would confuse me with New Orleans lol.
But you know that Haiti is where New Orleans got its swagger haha. So it only makes sense. It would be interesting to see how it would be today if the country hadn't fallen in such economic disarray.

Shotgun geography: the history behind the famous New Orleans elongated house | NOLA.com

Old 02-17-2014, 11:49 AM

Quote:
But you know that Haiti is where New Orleans got its swagger haha. So it only makes sense. It would be interesting to see how it would be today if the country hadn't fallen in such economic disarray.

Shotgun geography: the history behind the famous New Orleans elongated house | NOLA.com
Good read. I wish I could find a study of how many whites and blacks have Haitian blood in New Orleans. Btw those shot gun houses, I wonder how spacious they are because they look tiny from the outside lol.

Old 02-17-2014, 12:30 PM

73,002 posts, read 62,578,805 times
Quote:

Quote:
Good read. I wish I could find a study of how many whites and blacks have Haitian blood in New Orleans. Btw those shot gun houses, I wonder how spacious they are because they look tiny from the outside lol.
Haiti is one influence that has been a part of New Orleans. One thing many people forget is that Haiti was once a French colony, as well as New Orleans. I would imagine that Haitian influence found its way to New Orleans. Haitian influence is one influence among many in New Orleans. Spanish, African, Italian, and other influences have been a part of New Orleans as well.

In fact, if one really thinks about it, New Orleans was the original gateway to Latin America. Miami now receives many Haitians, as well as other ethnic groups from the Caribbean/ Latin America. New Orleans held that very same position. New Orleans was the first major place in the USA where many Haitians went. Like Miami, New Orleans received a steady population of Cubans.

This video will explain it, from a geographic perspective:

New Orleans, the original gateway to Latin America. - YouTube

Old 02-17-2014, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Haiti is one influence that has been a part of New Orleans. One thing many people forget is that Haiti was once a French colony, as well as New Orleans. I would imagine that Haitian influence found its way to New Orleans. Haitian influence is one influence among many in New Orleans. Spanish, African, Italian, and other influences have been a part of New Orleans as well.

In fact, if one really thinks about it, New Orleans was the original gateway to Latin America. Miami now receives many Haitians, as well as other ethnic groups from the Caribbean/ Latin America. New Orleans held that very same position. New Orleans was the first major place in the USA where many Haitians went. Like Miami, New Orleans received a steady population of Cubans.

This video will explain it, from a geographic perspective:

New Orleans, the original gateway to Latin America. - YouTube
Awesome nothing but sweet music to my ears.

Old 02-17-2014, 07:00 PM

73,002 posts, read 62,578,805 times
Quote:
Awesome nothing but sweet music to my ears.
More people should know about stuff like this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas