Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2015, 12:35 PM

881 posts, read 921,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauritania View Post
I disagree with you, Colombians are indeed attractive, especially the women!

Colombians are much more mixed than the average latin american so that creates a much more ambiguous physical appearance not found in other latin american countries where the physical appearance tends to point more towards just plain indigenous (central america, peru, mexico, bolivia), towards african (cuban, dominican republic, panama), or towards white (argentina, uruguay, paraguay, chile).....

Colombians on the other hand come in all color ranges from blondes to blacks and everything in between.

Add to that the extreme fashion and body conscious mindset of the women in colombia, some even resort to plastic surgery at the age of 18 once they turn the legal age for surgery, extreme obsession with body and physical appearance is a thing in colombian culture.

Since you're a young girl in colombia you're constantly bombarded with messages that lead you into thinking beauty is a HUGE part of who you are!!! It is a VAIN society where you're truly judged by how you look physically and by what you're wearing!

Colombian culture differs greatly from mexican culture for example, mexicans don't really have all this physical appearance obsession in their culture! I know some colombians who visited mexico and they all told me mexican women don't really obsess with how they look, many go out to the mexico city metro without make up, with sandals and pony tails and obesity is also quite common.... in colombia going out means you put make on, high heels, tight cloths and show off and sadly bulimia is more common than obesity!

It's cultural and it's ok.... Colombians don't need to be like Americans or Canadians or like other latin americans.

Brazil also has this type of mindset but I personally think colombians look better than brazilians.... a lot of brazilians tend to have ugly faces.

Colombia has become the plastic surgery capital of the world.... tourists from all over the planet, from Germany to Japan, from Canada to Argentina flock to Colombia to get lippos, breast augmentations, nose jobs, botox! (The surgeons are amazingly good and affordable, the health packages include nurses, spas for healing after the surgery and massages)

Plastic Surgery Tourists Flock to Colombia | Mother Jones
The story talks about an Italian girl who went to have a boob job in Colombia, 3 weeks in a five star hotel, masseurs, beauty treatments, all while she recovers from her boob job! For just 3 thousand euros! Female American and Canadian tourists looking for lippos, nose jobs, butt implants are becoming also quite common!

colombian women take vanity to a whole new level
Vanity and Colombian Women
more than half of the Colombian population is overweight. And outside of some areas in Medellin or whatever, there isn't really any obsession for plastic surgery. A lot of Colombians (men and women) care about their looks and clothes, but it's not that much of a beautiness worship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2015, 12:44 PM

881 posts, read 921,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by folicure View Post
Hey if that is what you think, by all means believe it. I, on the other hand, know the truth, and we don´t have any chip anywhere, we simply state what we see on TV and the news and how they behave in our country.

If Colombians don´t think of us or don´t worry about us, why are there so many living in Panama? and why are there so many moving into Panama every day? Hmmm it is kind of strange don´t you think? Now ask the same question around and see how many Panamanians want to relocate to Colombia. And why if they don´t care about us, is the isthmus of Panama still in their code of arms? Which btw is very ridiculous.

Want to know why are the other Latin American countries indifferent towards Panamanians? Because we don´t go around causing all the turmoil and despair they do and people normally don´t speak about others who don´t do anything to them.

To tell you the truth, we are the ones who don´t care about that country. We just simply don´t want them here.

Great dancers and hot women, hmmmm that sounds like the oldest profession in the world, or am I mistaken?

I am still waiting for you to point out where the OP stated that we have an inferiority complex towards Colombian.

Case closed.

Oh you don't want us but Colombia is the main foreign investor in Panama...

the way you insist on making such broad generalization on "Colombians" just shows how much of an inferiority complex you have. Most of us don't care at all about you.

And most of us aren't particularly interested in living in your country, trust me. It just happens that your country is so small that a handful of Colombians emigrating to your country make you feel important, when you're not.

And why would we change our coat of arms? that would be even more stupid. Should we change our hymn or flag too? It's part of our history.

Old 12-31-2015, 07:21 PM

439 posts, read 521,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joacocanal View Post
Oh you don't want us but Colombia is the main foreign investor in Panama...

the way you insist on making such broad generalization on "Colombians" just shows how much of an inferiority complex you have. Most of us don't care at all about you.

And most of us aren't particularly interested in living in your country, trust me. It just happens that your country is so small that a handful of Colombians emigrating to your country make you feel important, when you're not.

And why would we change our coat of arms? that would be even more stupid. Should we change our hymn or flag too? It's part of our history.
Wrong dude, the main foreign investor in Panama is the USA.

Inferiority complex of a whole bunch of prostitutes, sicarios, narcos, drug dealers, bank robbers, hairstylists, vendors, waiters and waitresses, hahaha sure I have such a complex. Do I care about you? I just want you all out of MY COUNTRY.

Most of you aren´t hmmmm you will have to say that to the almost a million of Colombians living legally and illegaly in this small country which btw ranks better than Colombia in everything, hey but who is to say? They are just a handful.

Why should you change your coat of arms? Hmmm because Panama is not longer part of the Gran Colombia. We have been apart for 112 years now and you people are still thinking of Panama.

Old 01-01-2016, 05:59 AM

4,096 posts, read 3,721,600 times
Quote:
Inferiority complex of a whole bunch of prostitutes, sicarios, narcos, drug dealers, bank robbers, hairstylists, vendors, waiters and waitresses, hahaha sure I have such a complex. Do I care about you? I just want you all out of MY COUNTRY.

Most of you aren´t hmmmm you will have to say that to the almost a million of Colombians living legally and illegaly in this small country which btw ranks better than Colombia in everything, hey but who is to say? They are just a handful.

Why should you change your coat of arms? Hmmm because Panama is not longer part of the Gran Colombia. We have been apart for 112 years now and you people are still thinking of Panama.
The amount of sensationalism you spew speaks volumes to the education level in Panama - for a country at the cross roads of the world the narrow mindedness is staggering which can be seen in the minuscule amount of Panamanians that travel oversees - contributing to a breeding place of ignorance. 482 measely points on the maths, science & literacy score for primary school kids vs Colombia's 526 (4th in LatAam) according to the UN.

0 universities in the top 1,000 vs Colombia's 10 universities, 4 of which are in the world's top 500 ranked universities and ontop of that 40% are community/public institutions. QS World University Rankings® 2015/16 | Top Universities.
Panama is towards the bottom of every table in what's already a region that struggles with education.

LMAO++ at claiming 30% of people in Panama are Colombian, do you even see how ridiculous you sound? - In regards to "sicarismo" even Mexico and Brazil rank higher and Argentina is on it's way as Rosario overtakes all top 15 Colombian cities except Cali in violent crime, not to mention the sad state of affairs in the smaller Central American countries. Now true, Colombia is far from tackling violent crime produced by drug trafficking altogether but it's on its way.

Before you spew hatred maybe you should look in the mirror first and at your country's internal affairs instead of scape-goating your problems like Venezuela's populist, banana republic government.

Funny how higher ranking people in both Panama and Venezuela are becoming more involved with drug trafficking than Colombia.

Nephew of accused ex-Panama president arrested in Colombia | Reuters

Venezuelan first lady's nephews on drugs charges in US - BBC News

Old 01-01-2016, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pueblofuerte View Post
The amount of sensationalism you spew speaks volumes to the education level in Panama - f
Quote:
or a country at the cross roads of the world the narrow mindedness is staggering which can be seen in the minuscule amount of Panamanians that travel oversees
- contributing to a breeding place of ignorance. 482 measely points on the maths, science & literacy score for primary school kids vs Colombia's 526 (4th in LatAam) according to the UN.

0 universities in the top 1,000 vs Colombia's 10 universities, 4 of which are in the world's top 500 ranked universities and ontop of that 40% are community/public institutions. QS World University Rankings® 2015/16 | Top Universities.
Panama is towards the bottom of every table in what's already a region that struggles with education.

LMAO++ at claiming 30% of people in Panama are Colombian, do you even see how ridiculous you sound? - In regards to "sicarismo" even Mexico and Brazil rank higher and Argentina is on it's way as Rosario overtakes all top 15 Colombian cities except Cali in violent crime, not to mention the sad state of affairs in the smaller Central American countries. Now true, Colombia is far from tackling violent crime produced by drug trafficking altogether but it's on its way.

Before you spew hatred maybe you should look in the mirror first and at your country's internal affairs instead of scape-goating your problems like Venezuela's populist, banana republic government.

Funny how higher ranking people in both Panama and Venezuela are becoming more involved with drug trafficking than Colombia.

Nephew of accused ex-Panama president arrested in Colombia | Reuters

Venezuelan first lady's nephews on drugs charges in US - BBC News
Same bs than last time, and btw who was talking to you? Learn to mind your own business. Whatever you say here, it is not going to change the way your countrymen, Colombians, are seen worldwide. Do they travel a lot? Of course they do, carrying everywhere their white snow.

Well probably you know more than Panamanian immigration offices, which state the fact that there are nearly a million Colombians living here, legally and ilegally.

Btw you always type of spewing and spewing and spewing, now you mention education and all the schools they have in Colombia, well sorry dude but the ones who move here, do not have any whatsoever.

Hahaha security and bs, bs, bs, sure, FARC, guerrillas, drugs, drugs lord, prostitution, sicariato, drugs cartel, war and other beautiful things.

Now, wow one Panamanian arrested in Colombia because Panama requested it, hmmm tell us how many Colombians are arrested in the Panamanian jails because of drugs, killings, robbery. Hahaha no match dude. Oh, sorry I am making all this up, Colombians are angels and that is the safest country in the world.

And stop vomiting your rivalry and hatred towards Panama, normally you type stupid things which you are the only who believes it and nobody asks you about. I already said it, WE DON´T WANT COLOMBIANS HERE. The whole problem will stop the day your people go elsewhere and leave us alone.

Now show your so claimed education and do not speak until spoken to, because we weren´t talking to you.

Old 01-01-2016, 09:39 AM

Quote:
normally you type stupid things which you are the only who believes it and nobody asks you about.
Yes of course because UN & OECD studies mean nothing. Neither do the Quacquarelli Symonds university rankings. Of course your cry-baby protests are fact and above a whole load of other world organizations that note the changing dynamics of Colombia and the region.

No-one is saying remnants of Colombia's past don't exist - of course they do it's only been 12 years since the fight back. Your dumb, extreme statements such as "Colombians are angels, it's the safest country in the world" speaks volumes about your immaturity and lack of intellect that you can't even form a founded argument. Maybe a university course at a world-ranked Colombian institution will do you some good, seeing as not one exists in Panama!

Weren't you the one who argued to UrbanLuis that this is an open forum? Stop being a hypocrite and practice what you preach.

As Tim Peake said from the international space station, Happy New Year to “beautiful planet Earth”. Even to you my little Colombian-obsessed homegirl.

Last edited by Pueblofuerte; 01-01-2016 at 09:50 AM..

Old 01-01-2016, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Yes of course because UN & OECD studies mean nothing. Neither do the Quacquarelli Symonds university rankings. Of course your cry-baby protests are fact and above a whole load of other world organizations that note the changing dynamics of Colombia and the region.

Quote:
No-one is saying remnants of Colombia's past don't exist
- of course they do it's only been 12 years since the fight back. Your dumb, extreme statements such as "Colombians are angels, it's the safest country in the world" speaks volumes about your immaturity and lack of intellect that you can't even form a founded argument. Maybe a university course at a world-ranked Colombian institution will do you some good, seeing as not one exists in Panama!

Weren't you the one who argued to UrbanLuis that this is an open forum? Stop being a hypocrite and practice what you preach.

As Tim Peake said from the international space station, Happy New Year to “beautiful planet Earth”. Even to you my little Colombian-obsessed homegirl.
Past? Hahaha I would say present and future.

Hey according to your remarks they are angels, hahaha yeah right, they even have white dust and can send you to seven heaven, or is it a lie?

Same BS again about education and university, hmmm the ones living here, do go to the universities, but the ones of prostitution and crime.

Once again getting somebody else involved in the forum who has not asked you for your opinion. Hmmm you are begining to sound like "**** a doodle doo, any **** will do."

If we go back and read the posts, the litlle Colombian-obsessed homefag here is you, who cannot hear anything said about Colombian because immediately pulls out his claws and nails to scratch anyone who dear to say the truth about your country. And I keep on saying it, this will stop when all that human waste gets out of Panama. Amen for that.

Old 01-01-2016, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Past? Hahaha I would say present and future.
Are you illiterate? When exactly did I say past? I said there are remnants i.e. present.

School's calling...

Old 01-01-2016, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Are you illiterate? When exactly did I say past? I said there are remnants i.e. present.

School's calling...
Whatever, I got tired of you, get back to your little Colombian man and worship him as a god. Bye.

Old 01-02-2016, 09:38 PM

3,282 posts, read 3,791,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauritania View Post
I disagree with you, Colombians are indeed attractive, especially the women!

Colombians are much more mixed than the average latin american so that creates a much more ambiguous physical appearance not found in other latin american countries where the physical appearance tends to point more towards just plain indigenous (central america, peru, mexico, bolivia), towards african (cuban, dominican republic, panama), or towards white (argentina, uruguay, paraguay, chile).....

Colombians on the other hand come in all color ranges from blondes to blacks and everything in between.

Add to that the extreme fashion and body conscious mindset of the women in colombia, some even resort to plastic surgery at the age of 18 once they turn the legal age for surgery, extreme obsession with body and physical appearance is a thing in colombian culture.

[youtube]oAg2Zybtzoc[/youtube]
[URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAg2Zybtzoc"]
[/URL]

Since you're a young girl in colombia you're constantly bombarded with messages that lead you into thinking beauty is a HUGE part of who you are!!! It is a VAIN society where you're truly judged by how you look physically and by what you're wearing!

Colombian culture differs greatly from mexican culture for example, mexicans don't really have all this physical appearance obsession in their culture! I know some colombians who visited mexico and they all told me mexican women don't really obsess with how they look, many go out to the mexico city metro without make up, with sandals and pony tails and obesity is also quite common.... in colombia going out means you put make on, high heels, tight cloths and show off and sadly bulimia is more common than obesity!

It's cultural and it's ok.... Colombians don't need to be like Americans or Canadians or like other latin americans.

Brazil also has this type of mindset but I personally think colombians look better than brazilians.... a lot of brazilians tend to have ugly faces.

Colombia has become the plastic surgery capital of the world.... tourists from all over the planet, from Germany to Japan, from Canada to Argentina flock to Colombia to get lippos, breast augmentations, nose jobs, botox! (The surgeons are amazingly good and affordable, the health packages include nurses, spas for healing after the surgery and massages)

[url=http://www.motherjones.com/photoessays/2013/02/women-take-plastic-surgery-vacations-columbia/plastic-surgery-examination]Plastic Surgery Tourists Flock to Colombia | Mother Jones[/url]
The story talks about an Italian girl who went to have a boob job in Colombia, 3 weeks in a five star hotel, masseurs, beauty treatments, all while she recovers from her boob job! For just 3 thousand euros! Female American and Canadian tourists looking for lippos, nose jobs, butt implants are becoming also quite common!

colombian women take vanity to a whole new level
[url=http://www.expat-chronicles.com/2011/11/vanity-and-colombian-women/]Vanity and Colombian Women[/url]
Lol- no one can take you seriously with these comments about other cultures. Brazilian women ugly? Colombians look 'very' different from other Latin Americans? All Mexican women don't care about their appearance (you obviously have never met women from Guadalajara or Sinaloa).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas