Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2022, 02:55 AM

5,761 posts, read 11,363,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio July View Post
I dare you to ask a BLACK American that, because that's exactly what Black Americans did to change their situation and status in America. They didn't go fleeing to Canada (or wherever) by the millions during the Civil Rights movement when they had the opportunity to stand up and change things for the better in their own home country. And many of them were uneducated/undereducated, lived in poverty, and faced getting shot down by police and military, lynched, raped, shot with high powered water hoses, attacked by vicious dogs, jailed, etc. So again, why don't Venezuelans do that in their own country, especially with the vast numbers of MILLIONS who have left Venezuelans in the last 4 or 5 years. Imagine if all 7 Million of those who fled Venezuela would have stayed and demanded change in their own country...7 MILLION!!!!
I can see your point. The same might be said of the millions who fled Cuba, Mexico and many central American countries. A large number of the people that have fled their homelands left for economic reasons, not necessarily that they were living in a war zone (such as Syrians for example). Yes, many Venezuelans also left because the economic and health care systems were broken or basic consumer necessities were scarce.

I know a lot of refugees from Venezuela here in Germany. I help out some of them when they need to translate Spanish to German - I have gone to a bunch of doctor's office visits and appointments with government offices to complete various transactions. Some are very homesick and would like to return - in fact I know of some that are returning in a few months. One woman I know has already had her brother (still in VZ) buy her a waterfront condo in Lecheria, 3 hours east of Caracas. Real estate prices in VZ are cheaper than cheap due to the outflux of so many people with money. Venezuela has dollarized almost everything of value in the same way that Ecuador and El Salvador did. The woman who is going back to Lecheria is even bringing her German BF with her - don't ask me how he will get along there since he doesn't speak Spanish!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2022, 08:23 AM

1,216 posts, read 507,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
You have to be truly desperate to improve your life to try to cross the Darien Gap on foot.
It can be dangerous but people have been doing it for decades. I know a guy who did it in the 80's. He eventually made op to San Diego, with 5-6 other guys, ran across the border got arrested, released 2 days later. Then flew to NYC the next day. He got the Reagan amnesty a few years later.

Old 12-13-2022, 02:27 PM

10,069 posts, read 14,940,669 times
I don’t think the issue with the Venezuelans is not trying enough to change things. Unlike many other peoples that haven’t truly tried, Venezuelans have been trying to change things for a while. They simply have a government that is too hard to change and willing to do anything to stay in power.

This isn’t something from a normal country with a normal government. This is obvious the Venezuelan government is in it for itself and doesn’t care about the people.

https://youtu.be/fQQzg2VfJME

Eventually people get tired when they protests a million times and nothing happens.

Speaking of happening, what happen to Juan Guiado? Wasn’t he suppose to head the new Venezuela?

When Americans rose the temps of the kitchen during the civil rights movement of the 1960’s, the US government saw the writing on the wall and changed accordingly. In Venezuela the temps have been risen and things don’t change. I agree they need pressure, but the conditions aren’t the same.

For better or worse, the US government does care for Americans. The current Venezuelan government doesn’t care for Venezuelans.

Old 12-14-2022, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
I don’t think the issue with the Venezuelans is not trying enough to change things. Unlike many other peoples that haven’t truly tried, Venezuelans have been trying to change things for a while. They simply have a government that is too hard to change and willing to do anything to stay in power.

This isn’t something from a normal country with a normal government. This is obvious the Venezuelan government is in it for itself and doesn’t care about the people.

https://youtu.be/fQQzg2VfJME

Eventually people get tired when they protests a million times and nothing happens.

Speaking of happening, what happen to Juan Guiado? Wasn’t he suppose to head the new Venezuela?

When Americans rose the temps of the kitchen during the civil rights movement of the 1960’s, the US government saw the writing on the wall and changed accordingly. In Venezuela the temps have been risen and things don’t change. I agree they need pressure, but the conditions aren’t the same.

For better or worse, the US government does care for Americans. The current Venezuelan government doesn’t care for Venezuelans.

USA foreign policy post WWll was to destroy communist dictatorships globally, and of course well documented in Latin America unless aligned with the USA and not the Soviet Union. Ironically the USA, through lend lease, supported the Soviet Union to the max in WWll strictly because the Rothchild British Regime would have fallen. Chavez/Maduro is a strange successful anomaly probably successful due to the USA laser focus on the Middle East post 9/11. And the post 9/11 activity was a much more massive influx to the Military Industrial Complex than anything Latin American related.

It's also important to note that the USA (and most of the west) is now ran by Cultural Marxists who admire dictatorships. And they are aligned now with global corporations. The goal of the American government is generally to replace Americans with the longest ties to the country, those that cling to their bibles, guns and constitution. It's a take on the European Kalergi Plan.

Old 12-15-2022, 10:39 PM

1,554 posts, read 3,032,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Lagos View Post
USA foreign policy post WWll was to destroy communist dictatorships globally, and of course well documented in Latin America unless aligned with the USA and not the Soviet Union. Ironically the USA, through lend lease, supported the Soviet Union to the max in WWll strictly because the Rothchild British Regime would have fallen. Chavez/Maduro is a strange successful anomaly probably successful due to the USA laser focus on the Middle East post 9/11. And the post 9/11 activity was a much more massive influx to the Military Industrial Complex than anything Latin American related.

It's also important to note that the USA (and most of the west) is now ran by Cultural Marxists who admire dictatorships. And they are aligned now with global corporations. The goal of the American government is generally to replace Americans with the longest ties to the country, those that cling to their bibles, guns and constitution. It's a take on the European Kalergi Plan.
Absolutely bonkers take on the current situation, sir. Someone needs to seriously tone down their paranoia and come back down to the same planet as everyone else. The first paragraph was flowing, but you lost all but the biggest nut jobs on that second one.

Old 12-17-2022, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aab7855 View Post
Absolutely bonkers take on the current situation, sir. Someone needs to seriously tone down their paranoia and come back down to the same planet as everyone else. The first paragraph was flowing, but you lost all but the biggest nut jobs on that second one.

As it relates to my 2nd paragraph it's literally right in your face even if you try to ignore it. Hart Cellar 65' was the beginning. Mayorakas there with Biden in 2015. Open your eyes and take MSM ear plugs out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peF-ae2AINU

Old 12-18-2022, 05:58 PM

The US is getting more diverse, yes. No one is denying that.

What you are saying though might as well be the shortened version of Patrick Crusius' manifesto. Looney tunes ish. Seriously man, you need help.

Old 12-19-2022, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aab7855 View Post
The US is getting more diverse, yes. No one is denying that.

What you are saying though might as well be the shortened version of Patrick Crusius' manifesto. Looney tunes ish. Seriously man, you need help.
Actually you need help. There is a wide open border and it's intentional. The same goals apply for a good chunk of Europe. I mean WTF I posted a video of the now POTUS admitting to all of it. He said in the debates he was going to flood to border with illegal immigrants. You are super ignorant or a supporter of it.

Old 12-20-2022, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Lagos View Post
Actually you need help. There is a wide open border and it's intentional. The same goals apply for a good chunk of Europe. I mean WTF I posted a video of the now POTUS admitting to all of it. He said in the debates he was going to flood to border with illegal immigrants. You are super ignorant or a supporter of it.
This "video" that you posted of course is super short, and both abruptly starts and finishes. Why is that? Because it was taken completely out of context and placed on the internet by the scum movement known as the alt-right. You probably think the source that clears this up is fAke nEWz, but I digress:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...piracy-theory/

If you would bother to read the article, you will obviously see that the whole thing was taken out of context and has nothing to do with these garbage conspiracy theories about "white genocide", "replacement", and the like. These are peddled by trolls who prey on the most insecure, angry and simple-minded of our society to play on their biggest fears, real or imagined. It's worked quite well for them it seems.

We have a crisis at our southern border because there is a lack of a real immigration system which actually addresses our economic needs as well as our humanitarian duties. One of the big factors causing our inflation right now is an acute yet widespread labor shortage. We could easily offer people the option to apply for work visas from a US consulate in their home countries, but alas we'd rather stay frozen in partisan gridlock and thereby unintentionally fund a multi-billion dollar smuggling business all the way from the Darien to our ports of entry. Frustrating to say the least.

I work with both documented and undocumented immigrants every day, and I am yet to meet one of them who knows anything about replacing someone, or changing the values of our country. Are you aware that Hispanics are trending Republican? Are you aware that in the best case, an asylum seeker will take 15 years to be able to vote as a US citizen? None of this matters to you I suppose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas