Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 10:23 AM

312 posts, read 909,348 times

Advertisements

Where would you rather live for 6 months to learn spanish?
Which one is the cheapest?

Cities in Colombia I've looked into are Cartagena and Medellín, which one would you choose?

In Ecuador I have no idea.

I want good food, things to do (such as nightlife), beautiful women, and to live like a king on a short stack of money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2010, 01:46 PM

Location: Originally from Cali relocated to Inman Park/Old 4th Ward/Westside Atlanta
987 posts, read 3,910,604 times
I would go with Medellin or Cali. Cartagena is the most expensive city in Colombia since it's the main tourist city for Colombians. Bogota is too cold. Medellin offers great spring like weather and beautiful women and Cali offers a nice tropical climate with Pacific Ocean breezes and beautiful Calena women and a great salsa music scene to keep you moving.

To sum things up Cali has hotter women period. Both Medellin and Cali are cool cities. I think Cali is a little more fun - the people I think party a little harder. Cali is also seedier. Watch your back and you will be fine - but I always felt (and this is based on gut) a little more on edge throughout cali than in Medellin. You can also travel to Ecuador easily from Cali and check out some of the Pacific Coast Beaches not far away.

Medellin is also a great city. It offers a ton of culture, the best food in Colombia, and also has very nice people and of course - smoking hot women. There is a ton to do in Medellin.

Ecuador uses the US Dollar. The women in Colombia put Ecuadorian women to SHAME!!! Colombians are overall very friendly and nice hard working and genuine people. Cali has a slightly better social atmosphere in my opinion but I think Medellin is a nicer city overall. Cali is also a bit cheaper than Medellin. Check out Poor But Happy Colombia for more interesting insight Poorbuthappy travel forums about Colombia. Good luck!

Old 01-26-2010, 02:41 PM

228 posts, read 810,037 times
Cartagena seems to small and touristy for me... It would probally get old quick... Cali, Meddellin, or Baranquilla seem like they would be nice... In Ecuador, I always here good things about Guayaquil... Out of those I would pick Meddellin first, it always seemed like an interesting place... I love their Metrocable too...

I would have to agree about Colombian woman... However, I was on a flight recently sitting next to gorgeous Colombian woman who told me about some city in Ecuador with the most beautiful women in the world... For the life of me I cant remember it... It wasn't Guayaquil or Quito... But I believed her because she was talking about another country... So I dont know...

Old 01-26-2010, 03:13 PM

43,618 posts, read 44,346,965 times
I lived in Guayaquil, Ecuador for one year. The people there are very friendly and enjoy going to parties a lot.

Old 01-26-2010, 03:22 PM

Location: Originally from Cali relocated to Inman Park/Old 4th Ward/Westside Atlanta
987 posts, read 3,910,604 times
Ok to be fair I just visited Quito in Ecuador and it was ok but not my type of place really...Guayaquil on the coast probably is friendlier and laid back due to the climate and altitude being much better than Quito overall.

Old 01-26-2010, 08:09 PM

740 posts, read 1,973,052 times
You could always do 3 months in each country seeing as how they border each other. Columbia has the women and a better overall nightlife while I would say Ecuador has more outdoor activities.

Old 01-30-2010, 05:34 PM

16,679 posts, read 29,499,000 times
Definitely Colombia.

Old 06-04-2010, 12:49 PM

4 posts, read 27,258 times
I have been to Medellin 12 times and I think it would be best.

Old 06-04-2010, 06:25 PM

16,257 posts, read 43,168,834 times
Colombia is famous for beautiful women. Ecuador is probably a bit safer though....

I spent 10 months in South America...1 month of which was in Ecuador. If this is purely on women, the best looking women I met in Ecuador, or anywhere in spanish-speaking South America, were always Colombians.

Old 06-04-2010, 09:11 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,804,086 times
Default Colombia vs. Ecuador

I spent a year travelling around South America and I have to say Bolivia was my favorite place, followed by Equador. They are the two poorest countries, but they can't be beat for pure untainted culture, natural beauty, cheap prices and friendly people. I never felt really worried about my personal safety in either. Can't say that for Peru or Brazil, and I honestly never made it to Colombia, though I heard nothing but horror stories about the place while I was down there. And if you are going for babes, I suggest you learn Portuguese, becase Brazil is where it's at for hot loose women in America de Sur .

Either way, it would be a worthwhile adventure for you and I encourage you to do it! Buenas Suerte y Vaya con Dios.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas