Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 08:39 PM

366 posts, read 387,002 times

Advertisements

Oh, I've taken diversity training; have u?

You must have gone to school in Cali.

I really don't care if u r offended or not.

This forum is about the exchange of ideas; you are correct in that. It is not about finger wagging because somebody breathes in what you consider to be the wrong octave.

I noticed you couldn't answer my question about what makes you qualified to preach to others about how they should phrase things. The man is involved with a lady who he refers to as black; he better than anyone should know if that's okay with her, and not up to some self righteous self proclaimed PC flock follower on the internet.

We tend not to be sheep up here; is that okay with ewe?

Couldn't resist.

Old 06-23-2007, 11:24 PM

3,774 posts, read 11,229,634 times
Oh Rainy, remind me NOT to get in "u'r" bad side. You wield your pen (keyboard?) like a razor! LOL. Must be the bear in you.

Old 06-23-2007, 11:48 PM

Gracias, Mal. It isn't the bear in me though; it's the red fox. Whoops. Is it PC to say "red"? Probably not.

I got this way by thinking and speaking for myself rather than letting someone who has let someone tell them what to think and say tell me what to think and say. Better a red fox than a white sheep...

Oh, and I'm not offended by your attempts to educate me, sunqueen. I'm too busy laughing at the thought of someone like u trying to tell me about words. You people in the lower 48 really do take yourselves and your self impressed PC garbage entirely too seriously.

Last edited by Rainy; 06-24-2007 at 12:21 AM..

Old 06-24-2007, 12:19 AM

16 posts, read 103,843 times
thats a bunch of bs rainy!as far as the california insults??? i have lived in alaska for 32 years and i am from cali,been back to cali several times and for you to sit there and talk your crap about someone and insult them and the state they live in,its not the state its certain people.its one thing to defend someone but to out right judge someone because what?they don't live in alaska?too funny,and alot people do the u thing to make it quicker to write,but you know that, your pc educated right?i am not here to join in on your guys little meow fight i just think its wrong for her to judge on someone saying black people, and you to judge someone who lives in a state other than alaska.

Old 06-24-2007, 12:26 AM

What was that?

Sorry you think I'm judging someone because they don't live in Alaska, but that's your problem, not mine. Perhaps read my posts again...my comments towards her were directed at her stance about "educating" me...and others.. on how to type, and pointing out to her that we tend to think for ourselves up here rather than let some PC sheep machine control our vocabularies. And, if I'm not mistaken, sq lives in AZ.

We have to think for ourselves here. It's one of the survival mechanisms inherent in the human psyche that works for life in the North.

Plenty of anti-Cali rants in this forum if you want to hone up your writing skills defending it. Good luck with that and have a lovely evening.

Last edited by Rainy; 06-24-2007 at 12:43 AM..

Old 06-24-2007, 12:53 AM

16 posts, read 103,843 times
what one might think of a certain state is a matter of personal opinion.and thanks i will have a lovely evening,i'm on my way out the door to do just that.maybe you should try it sometime,get out of the house rainy, smell the fresh air,maybe take a nerve pill and chill a bit..try not to let someone on the net get your feathers ruffledseriously though in her last post she had smiles and winks,sometimes when people write things it ends up looking wrong,not saying that was the case with her but thats what she said she has no reason to lie..i don't care though, whatever makes your world turn...enjoy,adios

Old 06-24-2007, 12:57 AM

Adios. Yeah, I noticed she winked at me when she remarked on educating me.

I get out of my house plenty and think you're pretty out of line with your comments about that. Right now I'm enjoying reacquainting myself with the forums after a little too much time out of my lair

I don't take drugs but thanks for your concern.

Old 06-24-2007, 06:44 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,045,989 times
What have we learned from the original question in this thread? Interracial couples are accepted in Alaska but you better be darn careful what you write in a forum regardless of race.

Old 06-24-2007, 09:50 AM

3,774 posts, read 11,229,634 times
I wouldn't go that far. Folks in Alaska have to hear our tourists and visitors tell us what we're doing wrong throughout most of our summer every year. It sometimes hits a nerve, and people sometimes have a reflex action to jump into this as if it were an attack on our ways and methods.

Alaskans might not be as PC as folks outside would like. We tend to act with better intentions without losing ourselves in "challenged" vocabulary that seems to emanate from the states beneath. It's kinda like the bad odor from a basement with a mold problem.

Old 06-24-2007, 10:00 AM

Good morning, mal. yes, I'm off to another day of work listening to every expert from Podunk expound on what is wrong with our state.

I'm hoping this is an urban legend....but I was reading that in parts of the UK, you can't order a black coffee in a coffee shop and be served....you have to ask for coffee without milk. Things have gone too far. Too many people are blindly allowing others to tell them what to think and to say, all in I hope of "educating" them.

I hope that isn't the truth but...

Quote:
What have we learned from the original question in this thread? Interracial couples are accepted in Alaska but you better be darn careful what you write in a forum regardless of race.
Probably so, especially when it comes down to talking down to people and telling them that you are "educating" them because the big sheep told you what to think.

Last edited by Rainy; 06-24-2007 at 10:17 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage