Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 12:48 PM

635 posts, read 1,658,624 times

Advertisements

This is the first time that I have heard of this. I'm not sure why I have not seen info on here yet about this...$7 one way or $10 a day into Anchorage. Has anyone used this before? What a relief it would be to live in Wasilla(little less expensive) and have someone else drive you into Anc and at less than wear and tear on own car, not to mention less than regular gas prices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2012, 02:36 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,458,289 times
This gives you complete info..

http://www.valleymover.org/

Last edited by Alaskapat528; 05-05-2012 at 02:44 PM..

Old 05-05-2012, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
This gives you complete info..

Valley Mover - Valley Mover
I actually found that site by accident today. I was looking at the bus routes in Anc and stumbled across it. I think that is a great option for folks that would prefer not to drive their vehicles the distance. Thanks!

Old 05-06-2012, 02:32 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,721,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollym313 View Post
I actually found that site by accident today. I was looking at the bus routes in Anc and stumbled across it. I think that is a great option for folks that would prefer not to drive their vehicles the distance. Thanks!
Once you get into Anchorage then what???

Old 05-06-2012, 04:07 PM

4,061 posts, read 9,900,085 times
I guess you would take another bus to your intended destination, and then make sure you don't miss the bus back to Wasilla.

Old 05-06-2012, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
Once you get into Anchorage then what???

Lol....they supposedly drop you off at a designated bus stop/drop off point. I do beleive there is more than one drop off spot (not sure how many). My understanding is there is more than one bus pick up drop off time from Wasilla/Palmer to Anchorage. Apparantly they bought city commuter buses just for this purpose to be ecofriendly by less people being on the road and less people on the road in general. I think it includes Eagle River or will sometime in the near future.

Old 05-06-2012, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobrien View Post
I guess you would take another bus to your intended destination, and then make sure you don't miss the bus back to Wasilla.
I would think so...there is more than one drop off point. I guess you just get off closest to your destination and either walk or get on another bus.

I guess if you miss the bus...you'd be hitchin. Is hitch hiking legal in Alaska?

Old 05-06-2012, 05:34 PM

I guessed wrong...there is only one drop off point. I'm assuming the transit center is the best reconnect place to get to your destination.

Old 05-06-2012, 06:23 PM

4,061 posts, read 9,900,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollym313 View Post

I guessed wrong...there is only one drop off point. I'm assuming the transit center is the best reconnect place to get to your destination.
Yeah, almost all the other buses go downtown as their hub. A few are based out of the Dimond Center bus depot and don't go downtown.

I don't know if hitch hiking is legal or not but I wouldn't recommend it. I don't know what I'd do if I got stuck in Anchorage that far from home. Call a friend?

Old 05-06-2012, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobrien View Post
Yeah, almost all the other buses go downtown as their hub. A few are based out of the Dimond Center bus depot and don't go downtown.

I don't know if hitch hiking is legal or not but I wouldn't recommend it. I don't know what I'd do if I got stuck in Anchorage that far from home. Call a friend?
Yea...hitch hiking not a good idea. Too many places to hide a body along the route Yea a friend or hopefully come across someone that is going that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage