Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 01:08 PM

173 posts, read 380,485 times

Advertisements

About a month ago, I talked to someone who would have access to information, and she said that there are plans being made to build a Costco at the intersection of Trunk Road and the Palmer-Wasilla Highway.

Just wondering if anyone else has heard about this. It looks like something is going to get built there as a large section of land has been leveled and the gravel pad has been put in place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2012, 09:45 PM

2,795 posts, read 5,613,331 times
Costco in the Valley rumors come up all the time... A few years ago I asked the manager at the Debarr Costco and he said there wasn't enough people in the Valley to justify a store. All it would do is pull a big chunk of their current customers away from the existing stores and they are careful to not cannibalize established stores.
I work as a cost estimator in the construction field and am usually aware of about 80% of the new projects before the general public. So, it's possible, but I highly doubt it at this point.

Old 06-17-2013, 11:36 AM

3,146 posts, read 4,101,953 times
I think that Costco management is out to lunch if they really don't believe there are enough potential customers here in the Valley to justify building a store.

Old 06-18-2013, 08:02 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,446,315 times
Three Bears grocery stores are essentially mini-Costcos. They sell all the same products as Costco, including the Kirkland brand. There is already one on the Palmer-Wasilla Highway, and there is another on Knik-Goose Bay Road.

Old 06-18-2013, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Three Bears grocery stores are essentially mini-Costcos. They sell all the same products as Costco, including the Kirkland brand. There is already one on the Palmer-Wasilla Highway, and there is another on Knik-Goose Bay Road.
And one at Pittman Road. And their prices run 10% to 30% higher than Costco on the Costco items. But they do have some really good meat prices.

http://threebearsalaska.com/locations/

Old 06-18-2013, 11:30 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,446,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKStafford View Post
And one at Pittman Road. And their prices run 10% to 30% higher than Costco on the Costco items. But they do have some really good meat prices.

Store Locator « Three Bears
True. The Costco rotisserie chicken, for example, is $4.99, but at Three Bears it is $6.99. They do have some good prices on meat, you are right about that. But you have to buy your meat in large quantities. For example, they have a short-loin of beef for $6.69/pound, which is where t-bones and New York strips come from, but you have to spend $100+. The good news is that they will cut it into steaks for you at no extra charge.

Old 06-18-2013, 12:43 PM

I do the big pork loins. They are usually around $2.50 a pound. I cut them up myself at home and vacuum seal it. Cheap, good protein.

Old 07-31-2014, 09:19 PM

3 posts, read 11,901 times
Default The fish stinks from the head down....

The truth is Three Bears does not support the Second Amendment. If they did, then they would not sell Costco products. Three Bears sells a variety of Costco products and they also sell firearms. Three Bears pays its monthly Costco bill. Costco takes a percentage of those proceeds and sends a cash contribution to the Brady Campaign - the most powerful anti-gun lobby group in our country. The Brady Campaign fights our Second Amendment rights and you paid them to do so each time you shop at Three Bears or Costco. If you are a gun owner, know that Three Bears thinks you are a chump and they could not care less about your civil rights.

Old 08-01-2014, 08:07 AM

863 posts, read 2,077,187 times
lol

Old 08-01-2014, 01:13 PM

2,136 posts, read 2,311,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docganz View Post
The truth is Three Bears does not support the Second Amendment. If they did, then they would not sell Costco products. Three Bears sells a variety of Costco products and they also sell firearms. Three Bears pays its monthly Costco bill. Costco takes a percentage of those proceeds and sends a cash contribution to the Brady Campaign - the most powerful anti-gun lobby group in our country. The Brady Campaign fights our Second Amendment rights and you paid them to do so each time you shop at Three Bears or Costco. If you are a gun owner, know that Three Bears thinks you are a chump and they could not care less about your civil rights.
Three Bears sells ammunition and firearms, yet you say they do not support the Second Amendment...

Prove what you claim. I see you posted this same garbage are AR15.com, insulted others there who challenged your statement and you still provided nothing to back your claims.

Here is another opportunity for you, what are you going to do with it? Try not to be hypocritical, insulting and pea-brained in your response. Thank you.

Oops, my apologies. This is a thread about the possibility of Costco building a new store in Wasilla/Palmer. I find it difficult to believe that the population I the Mat/Su does not exist to support a store there, there is near 100,000 residents, 30,000+ a day make the commute to Anchorage. Also, considering how well Fred Meyer, Home Depot, Target, WalMart, etc. have been received I would expect Costco to do quite well.

Last edited by AK76; 08-01-2014 at 01:37 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage