Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 06:28 PM

45 posts, read 83,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaGal71 View Post
BrittyBea36, this girl is JEALOUS! Tell me, how did you come to move to AK from GA? We've been daydreaming about giving it a whirl ourselves but we've only visited in the summertime. I literally laughed out loud when I read your "view from Walmart" comment because I said those exact words to my hubby while in the parking lot. Best of luck with everything! Enjoy!
My husband is an RN and has relocated here to work for Providence in the ER. It was a VERY fast move. My husband was hired around the end of October and we started our drive to Seattle the day after Thanksgiving and arrived here on Dec 7! We really love it so far!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2013, 10:38 AM

22 posts, read 44,111 times
Default Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrittyBea36 View Post
My husband is an RN and has relocated here to work for Providence in the ER. It was a VERY fast move. My husband was hired around the end of October and we started our drive to Seattle the day after Thanksgiving and arrived here on Dec 7! We really love it so far!
Thanks for the reply. Please try to keep me posted about your experiences. I'm not very proficient with this website but I do love it and could read comments for days. Are you on FB? Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!!!

Old 12-22-2013, 09:56 AM

202 posts, read 356,489 times
How is the Kia doing? What was the problem and fix. Or is it still acting up?

Old 12-22-2013, 11:21 PM

45 posts, read 83,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredinhomer View Post
How is the Kia doing? What was the problem and fix. Or is it still acting up?
The CEL is still on but we went by Auto Zone and they checked it for us. It has something to do with a valve in the emissions that may be froze? Nothing is wrong with the engine. So once my husband is off work for a few days he is going to run it by the dealership and see what they can do.

Our only problem we're having now is installing our engine block heater! It is cartridge style so it should be EASY but we're having a hard time finding the socket for it! Once we find it then it should get easier! We're not paying someone to find the hole and literally plug it in! We'll find it eventually!

Old 12-23-2013, 11:47 AM

Quote:
The CEL is still on but we went by Auto Zone and they checked it for us. It has something to do with a valve in the emissions that may be froze? Nothing is wrong with the engine. So once my husband is off work for a few days he is going to run it by the dealership and see what they can do.

Our only problem we're having now is installing our engine block heater! It is cartridge style so it should be EASY but we're having a hard time finding the socket for it! Once we find it then it should get easier! We're not paying someone to find the hole and literally plug it in! We'll find it eventually!
If just around Anchorage area Try switching to Synthetic oil and buy a battery warmer. It sounds like you bought a frost plug heater when you say cartridge. These are a lot harder to install. It just does not plug in. The frost plugs are on the side of the engine block. I use a tank heater myself as I live in Homer and it was already installed. I hardly need to plug it in down here. A newer car with a good battery and synthetic oil will start at -20 without any problem.

Old 12-23-2013, 01:56 PM

Quote:

If just around Anchorage area Try switching to Synthetic oil and buy a battery warmer. It sounds like you bought a frost plug heater when you say cartridge. These are a lot harder to install. It just does not plug in. The frost plugs are on the side of the engine block. I use a tank heater myself as I live in Homer and it was already installed. I hardly need to plug it in down here. A newer car with a good battery and synthetic oil will start at -20 without any problem.

Old 12-23-2013, 04:16 PM

4,715 posts, read 10,531,697 times
Here you go, instructions on how to install your KIA Block heater.

Block heater Installation - Kia Forum

Seems to take about 30 minutes to install. Apparently KIA makes it easy to do... But of course I can't vouch for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage