Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 09:22 PM

45 posts, read 83,644 times

Advertisements

We landed at 1:10pm on Saturday! So far we love it! We're not exactly thrilled about the place the hospital has us staying but it'll be fine for a month! I hope this fog lifts soon because I want to see some mountains!!

We went driving today to look around Eagle River, Wasilla, and Palmer. Those are the 3 areas we're looking to rent in. We know it's a longer drive from the Wasilla/Palmer area but it's a shorter drive than what my husband was driving to work in Georgia. I actually really like Wasilla.

Oh, and since driving across the US and also being in Alaska....it has made my husband and I realize how much of a craphole Atlanta is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2013, 10:21 PM

4,715 posts, read 10,561,608 times
Awesome. Sounds like you are now living the dream.

Old 12-09-2013, 12:03 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,957,509 times
Welcome to Alaska!

Old 12-09-2013, 09:39 AM

2,136 posts, read 2,324,212 times
Welcome to Alaska!

Old 12-09-2013, 10:23 AM

2,795 posts, read 5,646,832 times
Welcome!! If you need a Realtor for finding a place in Wasilla, I can make a good recommendation.
We are suppose to have some clear weather the next few days. Be prepared to be wowed.

Old 12-12-2013, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKStafford View Post
Welcome!! If you need a Realtor for finding a place in Wasilla, I can make a good recommendation.
We are suppose to have some clear weather the next few days. Be prepared to be wowed.
Wednesday was the 1st clear day we've have since we arrived and it was BEAUTIFUL! Even the view at the Walmart was pretty!

I wanted to ask something. Our car was delivered today and after a few minutes we realized that the "check engine" light was on. Is this something that can happen in cold weather? Our car has not been started since Friday December 6th and has been on a barge up until earlier today. It is a certified used vehicle....should we just take it to a dealer to get checked out?

Old 12-12-2013, 09:13 AM

4,715 posts, read 10,561,608 times
If you have warranty and can use it in AK, I would just to make sure something didn't jiggle loose in the trip.

Anyways, if you get a hassle at the local dealer, most auto parts store will let you use a code scanner for free to see what is going on. If you have an OnStar equipped vehicle and service they can run it for you remotely.

Could be as simple as the fuel cap vented with the temp change and it isn't anything at all to worry about.

Old 12-14-2013, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakster View Post
If you have warranty and can use it in AK, I would just to make sure something didn't jiggle loose in the trip.

Anyways, if you get a hassle at the local dealer, most auto parts store will let you use a code scanner for free to see what is going on. If you have an OnStar equipped vehicle and service they can run it for you remotely.

Could be as simple as the fuel cap vented with the temp change and it isn't anything at all to worry about.
Thanks! We tried to see if it would go away but it's still on tonight. It is a Kia Certified Vehicle so if something is wrong it ought to be covered. I hope so at least.

Oh...yeah. The rental car we have does better than our SUV in all of this ice/snow. lol Needless to say, we're buying a set of studded tires off Craigslist tomorrow. The guy said they were only used for 1 season and they look to be in great shape. Ever heard of Hankook Ipikes?

Old 12-14-2013, 05:32 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,031,082 times
Hankook makes good tires. I have never run Ipikes but they should do real good. Since you are buying them used be sure to give them a good looking over. You might want to make a couple calls and price the tires new to make sure you are getting a good deal.

Old 12-14-2013, 09:52 AM

202 posts, read 357,782 times
disconnect negative terminal on battery wait a few seconds then reconnect. This will reset the computer. Start engine and see if check engine light returns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Anchorage